Page 39 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WeArentVenom View Post
    I'm glad they haven't forgotten about his relationship with Barbara. Also loving Miles' look.
    Yeah, just the fact alone that Saladin seems to be taking to time to build up Miles' relationships with his supporting cast, I'm really appreciating it. This is something that has been missing since Miles transitioned to the 616 Universe. Bendis, for good or bad, continued to write Miles like he did in the Ultimate Universe where he had free reign to play around with the sandbox. So inserting him into the big events and the center of the Superhero storylines really came at the expense of actually properly developing the more civilian side of Miles' life.
    Last edited by CrimsonEchidna; 11-27-2018 at 05:46 PM.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Here's another variant for issue one by Clayton Crain and a little extra on the regular cover.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/sta...71080632639488
    Some sneak peeks at Miles Morales: Spider-Man #1, out in TWO WEEKS!

Man, Miles looks a lot older now.

(Barbara's cousin looks like Damian Wayne).
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Yeah, just the fact alone that Saladin seems to be taking to time to build up Miles' relationships with his supporting cast, I'm really appreciating it. This is something that has been missing since Miles transitioned to the 616 Universe. Bendis, for good or bad, continued to write Miles like he did in the Ultimate Universe where he had free reign to play around with the sandbox. So inserting him into the big events and the center of the Superhero storylines really came at the expense of actually properly developing the more civilian side of Miles' life.
    I think probably the biggest thing Miles needs right now is a better fleshed out and developed supporting cast beyond his parents and Ganke (and I guess Bombshell), so on that level I can see the point in keeping Barbara around.

ol'e Miles is looking pretty bad for a 14 year old kid in that Clayton Crain cover

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
    ol'e Miles is looking pretty bad for a 14 year old kid in that Clayton Crain cover
    I mean, he's 17.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Miles rocking red bottoms now heh, we keeping that spider-gwen/spiderverse shoe design I see.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Here's another variant for issue one by Clayton Crain and a little extra on the regular cover.

Looks like the electric shock surrounding Miles' name in the title is a staple for the font.

Also, where do I get that Clayton Crain variant. It. Must. Be. MINE...if the price is reasonable of course.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I mean, he's 17.
    He looks 18. I could totally mistake him for being in college at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He looks 18. I could totally mistake him for being in college at this point.
    Not too sure about this. I mean your talking about just a one year difference. I think he looks older in the panel when we see his side features but in the panel where we get a front look at him, his facial features definitely look like that of both a 17 and 18-year-old. That's just how I see it though, this seems more like a subjective opinion.

The praise that the movie is getting from critics on social media is great guys.

~~

DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Miles has gotten so big. I'm actually surprised that Marvel allows that.

Guillermo del Toro retweeted a lot of positive spiderverse comments and praised Peter Ramsey, he also wrote the movie will be the animation awards upset for this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Miles has gotten so big. I'm actually surprised that Marvel allows that.
    Despite having a teen spidey in Miles, Marvel still can't let Peter grow up, in the next ten years Miles will be older than Peter lol.

~~

~~

Wow, they got Curiel on this. Huge get. Pages look incredible. And the electric logo is awesome.

Also really happy to see the movie being well-received. I've been a tad worried about how it's going to turn out writing wise, so it's great to be able to put those concerns to rest.

Critic reviews are starting to pop up for the movie. So far so freaking fantastic! Only mediocre one I saw so far was EW.com giving it a B-.

who is the young woman Miles is with? And I guess, her little brother?