Page 51 of 57 FirstFirst ... 41474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Well yeah, it could work well as a villain for a movie, just not as the main nemesis in a Miles Morales movie. I could see her being a henchman for the main villain, since she has very flashy and conceptually interesting powers, I just don't think narratively she would make sense to be the big threat for Miles to go against, especially in comparison to Into The Spider-Verse's main villains.
    I think it would depend how you spin it.

I mean, I don't find Tomoe a very complex villain, but I think there is something there about a young woman coming into her own with her powers and trying to take power and carve out her own niche as a Kingpin type, and how that could potentially reflect on Miles' journey. And then you have that potential romantic attraction there that a lot of fans apparently latched onto.

Although I think she'd be more fitting for a solo movie then a Spider-Verse movie.
    Murderdock, and especially the Jefferson Scorpion, I think would be great since this film really delved into Miles' relationship with his father, so getting to see him face off against a version of his dad that went full on crime boss could be very powerful storywise. And Murderdock could represent the danger of the Kingpin throughout the multiverse no matter who it is.
    I wonder if they could even use Murdock. Kingpin is kind of a murky area but would they need to have Marvel's permission to outright feature Daredevil, even if he's not really Daredevil?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Into the Spider-Verse was really good. In fact, it's better than the comic, imo.
    Not all that hard in my opinion .

It amazed me at how the Spider-Verse movie not only did such a good job, it still managed to make Miles the focal point of everything.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Spoiler for Into the Spider-Verse
    spoilers:
    There's one sort of Orginal character that exist that could work for the sequel but I'm not sure she survived the movie
    end of spoilers

Niffleheim

I loved it. Fisk looked monstrous with his big body and small head a reminder of the David Marquez design in the retelling of the Davis brothers entanglement with Ultimate Fisk.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it would depend how you spin it.

I mean, I don't find Tomoe a very complex villain, but I think there is something there about a young woman coming into her own with her powers and trying to take power and carve out her own niche as a Kingpin type, and how that could potentially reflect on Miles' journey. And then you have that potential romantic attraction there that a lot of fans apparently latched onto.

Although I think she'd be more fitting for a solo movie then a Spider-Verse movie.

I wonder if they could even use Murdock. Kingpin is kind of a murky area but would they need to have Marvel's permission to outright feature Daredevil, even if he's not really Daredevil?

Not all that hard in my opinion .
    Yeah, while Kingpin is clearly shared, being equally associated with Spider-Man and Daredevil, the same isn't true for Daredevil himself. In fact I hear he's now banned from appearances in TV and movies for two years, a clause that forms part of the Netflix contract.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Insomniac Spider-Man getting his own comic

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/12...n-marvel-comic

Seems like its retelling the game's story, so Miles undoubtedly is gonna appear, and now the Gamerverse is 100% a thing.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post

Seems like its retelling the game's story, so Miles undoubtedly is gonna appear, and now the Gamerverse is 100% a thing.
    I was expecting that to happen eventually. I imagine that it'll inevitably deviate from the game.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerwrax15 View Post

Maybe they’ll try and do the same thing as the Injustice comic, and fill in the gap of events that went down between games?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I won't spoil, but all is not as it seems.
    Pretty much, the ending pretty much sets up for what they're talking about in the article.

Astonishing Member

I still say this is probably my favorite spider movie ever, and definitely my favorite movie of the year. I literally like almost every aspect of the movie, and with a sequel being announced focusing on spoilers:
    Miles and Gwen turning into a romantic relationship
    end of spoilers Sony has done a complete 180 in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I was expecting that to happen eventually. I imagine that it'll inevitably deviate from the game.
    It doesn't sound like they're going to change anything, just feature stuff that wasn't in the game, which I imagine might be cut content or maybe illustrating stuff they only talked about in the game?

Yeah, they're not limited by memory, character models, or gameplay considerations.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Solicit for issue #4

SALADIN AHMED (W) • JAVIER GARRÓN (A)
    Cover by Marco D’Alfonso
    MILES MORALES’ DAY OFF!
    • Vice Principal Drutcher is fed up with Miles’ excuses for his tardiness and absences. Young Mr. Morales is up to something, and Drutcher will figure it out if it’s the last thing he does!
    • So Miles, Judge and Barbara have to keep one step ahead of their administrator while they play hooky, and Miles has to keep his Spider-identity a secret from ALL of them.
    • Can he do it?
    Kinda weird that Ganke's not involved in this. This'll probably be a one off.

Incredible Member

So are they retconning Judge knows Miles is Spider-Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Solicit for issue #4

SALADIN AHMED (W) • JAVIER GARRÓN (A)
    Cover by Marco D’Alfonso
    MILES MORALES’ DAY OFF!
    • Vice Principal Drutcher is fed up with Miles’ excuses for his tardiness and absences. Young Mr. Morales is up to something, and Drutcher will figure it out if it’s the last thing he does!
    • So Miles, Judge and Barbara have to keep one step ahead of their administrator while they play hooky, and Miles has to keep his Spider-identity a secret from ALL of them.
    • Can he do it?
    Kinda weird that Ganke's not involved in this. This'll probably be a one off.
    I hope we get some panels of a Ben Stein looking teacher saying, "Morales...Morales...Morales", with just the most deadpan expression on his face. I know Garron has the chops to draw that in all it's comedy magic.
    Last edited by Grimm911; 12-18-2018 at 01:03 PM.