Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 343495051525354555657 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That was awesome! spoilers:
    He did the deed using Leopardon's Sword Vigor. The mecha had summoned the sword but been downed before it could do the finishing move, but Miles was Captain Universe and thus had super strength, enabling him to lift the sword and perform the finisher.
    end of spoilers
    You can definitely tell the difference between a Spider-Verse story that knows which characters it wants to focus on and those that had characters forced into the spotlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I can see it pop up again in the future, but probably no major arc.
    Well, Ahmed referenced Spidergeddon, so if Miles is ever in a similar situation I imagine it will probably come up again.

spoilers:
    Unless this is like the Arrowverse where heroes kill but then the writers pretend they haven't .
    end of spoilers

For those concerned about Ganke's involvement in the movie

I really need to get my hands on the art book. I haven't seen much, but it seems like it has some great stuff in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    For those concerned about Ganke's involvement in the movie

I really need to get my hands on the art book. I haven't seen much, but it seems like it has some great stuff in it.
    It's good to see they didn't downplay Ganke over the stupid "Ned" thing and he'll have a bigger role in the sequels .

Does anyone think the solo will cover what happened in Spider-Geddon today? spoilers:
    Miles did kill Solus after all. It was totally necessary and he was kinda reassured about it, but it was still his first kill of a sentient being.
    end of spoilers
    I don't know if they'll bring it up, I mean he was following the plan of Doc Ock which Peter ok'ed. So, it gets kinda iffy the more you think about it...

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You can definitely tell the difference between a Spider-Verse story that knows which characters it wants to focus on and those that had characters forced into the spotlight.

Well, Ahmed referenced Spidergeddon, so if Miles is ever in a similar situation I imagine it will probably come up again.

spoilers:
    Unless this is like the Arrowverse where heroes kill but then the writers pretend they haven't .
    end of spoilers
    I kind of had the feeling that it would more so be something that pops up if say spoilers:
    another one of the Champions was pushed into making a similar decision.
    end of spoilers

I feel like a real "let's make an arc of Miles feeling guilty" would be weird since Solus was literally a Universe destroying monster.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Does anyone think the solo will cover what happened in Spider-Geddon today? spoilers:
    Miles did kill Solus after all. It was totally necessary and he was kinda reassured about it, but it was still his first kill of a sentient being.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    But Dock Ock's plan was to have the Inheritors reanimate in baby versions of themselves with no memories of their adult lives and the hunger to eat Totems removed so they can survive on regular food now. Yeah, Miles and the other Spiders destroyed their bodies but I'm not sure it counts as "killing" them since they knew their souls just transferred to new ones anyway.

I can totally understand Miles not being happy about step 1 of the plan, but step 2 saved him and the others from actually being murderers. This is further enforced by the Enigma Force staying with Miles even after taking down Solus since Miles mentioned that if he actually had become a killer at that moment then the Enigma Force would have left him then and there. Still an awkward conversation to have with the rest of the Champions if it ever came up though.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    spoilers:
    But Dock Ock's plan was to have the Inheritors reanimate in baby versions of themselves with no memories of their adult lives and the hunger to eat Totems removed so they can survive on regular food now. Yeah, Miles and the other Spiders destroyed their bodies but I'm not sure it counts as "killing" them since they knew their souls just transferred to new ones anyway.

I can totally understand Miles not being happy about step 1 of the plan, but step 2 saved him and the others from actually being murderers. This is further enforced by the Enigma Force staying with Miles even after taking down Solus since Miles mentioned that if he actually had become a killer at that moment then the Enigma Force would have left him then and there. Still an awkward conversation to have with the rest of the Champions if it ever came up though.
    end of spoilers
    That's the catch though

spoilers:
    All of the Inheritors except for Solus got their consciousness transferred, so yeah Miles did technically kill him. Like I said before, I don't really see it as a guilty conscious thing since Solus was literally a monster who was level Planets destroyed and there was no redeeming him unlike the others.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I know Kohei Hirokoshi (the creator of MHA) is a big Spider-Man fan, although I'm not sure I've seen him draw a lot of Spidey...

Happy holidays everyone

Happy holidays everyone
    Happy Holidays .

BANNED

Sony’s Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse took off in China scoring a $6.6M opening day, which by the way is the best first day for any Hollywood animated pic this year in the Middle Kingdom, eclipsing The Incredibles 2 and Ralph Breaks The Internet.

Had to come out of hiding for this film. Was fantastic in all the right ways. I love the way Miles was portrayed and loved the world they created for him. I'm so glad my boy got this opportunity and that it's being so well received.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    Had to come out of hiding for this film. Was fantastic in all the right ways. I love the way Miles was portrayed and loved the world they created for him. I'm so glad my boy got this opportunity and that it's being so well received.
    It's easily the best Spider-Man film ever made. I have no complaints about it and am looking forward to more.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Montez View Post
    Sony’s Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse took off in China scoring a $6.6M opening day, which by the way is the best first day for any Hollywood animated pic this year in the Middle Kingdom, eclipsing The Incredibles 2 and Ralph Breaks The Internet.
    According to some folks at another company the movie is overrated and flopping compared to film with Conan the Barbarian as King of Atlantis.

How bitter do you have to be to bash a kid's film to make yourself feel better.