Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    I'd look forward to seeing it, and the fact they're both heroes and main stays and none could be considered "background characters". That's important ^_^
    Exactly! that's one of the best parts as well. It reminds me of new superman and wonder woman and black panther/storm that I love, two mainstay heroes getting into a relationship. To be honest I don't think I can recall a superhero movie based on a format like this. Do we know if it will be the same writers?

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Exactly! that's one of the best parts as well. It reminds me of new superman and wonder woman and black panther/storm that I love, two mainstay heroes getting into a relationship. To be honest I don't think I can recall a superhero movie based on a format like this. Do we know if it will be the same writers?
    They have a different creative team for the sequel (Joaquim Dos Santos and David Callaham).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    They have a different creative team for the sequel (Joaquim Dos Santos and David Callaham).
    Lord & Miller will still be producing, so while they won't have a complete hands on with the scripts, they'll still be guiding it so that the quality is up there.

And Dos Santos is one of the best directors working in animation, responsible for shows like Avatar, Korra, and Voltron, so if anything we can expect the film to look just as good as Spider-Verse, but still with its own visual flair.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    And Dos Santos is one of the best directors working in animation, responsible for shows like Avatar, Korra, and Voltron, so if anything we can expect the film to look just as good as Spider-Verse, but still with its own visual flair.
    And he also had a hand in some of the best action sequences in Justice League Unlimited and a few DC animated films (I think there's even a meme on it).

The dude deserves his own Spider-Man cartoon (which I guess, technically, will be this movie).

Astonishing Member

Lord & Miller will still be producing, so while they won't have a complete hands on with the scripts, they'll still be guiding it so that the quality is up there.

Wait he did Voltron? I thought he did the dragon series on Netflix? Avatar and Korra was awesome, but Voltron had some issues which can be seen about in blogs in the LGBT community.

With that said, as much as I like Avatar, one of the key elements that makes this movie and Lord/Miller creative team great is their comedic capabilities, and Dos Santos never really had that funny bone quite like Lord/Miller.

So I still believe we're going to get a good movie, but I am worried that we will lose some of that comedic flair in the sequel.

Wait he did Voltron? I thought he did the dragon series on Netflix? Avatar and Korra was awesome, but Voltron had some issues which can be seen about in blogs in the LGBT community.

With that said, as much as I like Avatar, one of the key elements that makes this movie and Lord/Miller creative team great is their comedic capabilities, and Dos Santos never really had that funny bone quite like Lord/Miller.

So I still believe we're going to get a good movie, but I am worried that we will lose some of that comedic flair in the sequel.
    Well, I think the humor will probably be more on the writer then the director, who I think will be more visually-oriented.

The Dragon Prince is done by a different director from Avatar, Dos Santos was the showrunner for Voltron, and like Frontier mentioned was also a director on JLU. I would say while it does have some problems, I think the show overall is still pretty great and visually wonderful too.

I do think its interesting they chose Callaham to write, not only is he writing Wonder Woman 1984 but he's also currently writing the Shang-Chi movie, so it's curious what style of humour they will be going for. Lord & Miller have stated that alot of their projects focus pretty heavily on improvisation, Spider-Verse being no exception, so I can imagine that will be a big factor much deeper into production.

So finally got around to reading most of the Spider-Man run after he moved from the ultimate universe. Just finished the crossover with Gwen. I love it! He's not as "OMG, OMG, omg!" as in the ultimate universe. My only critique is the lack of action and cool/epic moments. The Miles/Gwen thing went from 20mph to 100, but hey... teenagers

It was also cool that he was featured so heavily in Civil War II as I read that along side when I reached that point in the Spider-Man comic. Gotta love Marvel Unlimited.

After I finish, I'm debating if I want to read Champions. The only character that I'm interested in is Miles, and I hear he takes a back seat to Kamala/Cyclops. Two characters I'm not particular fond of. Kamala grew on me a little with Civil War II, but All New ... Avengers made her really unlikable.
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askia View Post
    So finally got around to reading most of the Spider-Man run after he moved from the ultimate universe. Just finished the crossover with Gwen. I love it! He's not as "OMG, OMG, omg!" as in the ultimate universe. My only critique is the lack of action and cool/epic moments. The Miles/Gwen thing went from 20mph to 100, but hey... teenagers

It was also cool that he was featured so heavily in Civil War II as I read that along side when I reached that point in the Spider-Man comic. Gotta love Marvel Unlimited.

After I finish, I'm debating if I want to read Champions. The only character that I'm interested in is Miles, and I hear he takes a back seat to Kamala/Cyclops. Two characters I'm not particular fond of. Kamala grew on me a little with Civil War II, but All New ... Avengers made her really unlikable.
    I would say Champions gets a much more clearer direction around issue #19, when Jim Zub takes over the writing duties. The amount of focus that characters get is more fairly distributed.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

OK , I'll admit , I haven't read much of Miles Morales in the past

can some one give me a reader digest version on Miles uncle Aaron Davis , in the old Ultimate Universe he was the Prowler , but now in the 616 Universe I believe he's the Iron Spider and Hobie Brown is still the Prowler

is this correct

and if so , how did they explain this ?
    Wherever I Go , The Wind Follows...............................And The Wind , It Smells Like Rain

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I would say Champions gets a much more clearer direction around issue #19, when Jim Zub takes over the writing duties. The amount of focus that characters get is more fairly distributed.
    Ah, thanks. Is it cool if I skip to #19, or is there relevant information/context I need from the prior issues.
    Success is not counted by how high you have climbed but by how many people you brought with you. – Dr Wil Rose

It's fine to just jump to issue 19, that's what I advise mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Iowa View Post
    OK , I'll admit , I haven't read much of Miles Morales in the past

can some one give me a reader digest version on Miles uncle Aaron Davis , in the old Ultimate Universe he was the Prowler , but now in the 616 Universe I believe he's the Iron Spider and Hobie Brown is still the Prowler

is this correct

and if so , how did they explain this ?
    Well, in the Ultimate Universe he was the only Prowler, and after he came back to life in 616 he became the Iron Spider. They've never straight up confirmed what Aaron Davis did during his retconned history in 616, but if I had to assume, I guess he was still the Prowler in these events, since there very easily could have been multiple Prowlers. But again, just like everything regarding the Ultimate Universe events, they've done a pretty bad job at explaining it and just wave it off like "Oh it doesn't matter"

Well, in the Ultimate Universe he was the only Prowler, and after he came back to life in 616 he became the Iron Spider. They've never straight up confirmed what Aaron Davis did during his retconned history in 616, but if I had to assume, I guess he was still the Prowler in these events, since there very easily could have been multiple Prowlers. But again, just like everything regarding the Ultimate Universe events, they've done a pretty bad job at explaining it and just wave it off like "Oh it doesn't matter"
    I figure he was probably just an ordinary thief, without a real costumed identity, for Miles' "current" origin.

Although I guess this would probably get clarified if Miles ever met Hobie.

There can be two Prowlers, lol.