Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbones View Post
    Didn't really know Miles except for the run ''Spider-Men'' that I read and a couple of issues from his run in 616. Picked up the omnibus and man, I love Miles! The omnibus is so great and actually the first omnibus that I finish lol.

Do you guys think they will release another Miles Morales Omni? And what could be included? Spider-Men II + his solo run in the MU?
    That kinda hard to say because right his solo run isn't technically over. It's on hiatus since Miles' writer/co-creator Brian Michael Bendis left Marvel to write for DC. But it's been stated multiple times in interviews from both him and other Marvel comic industry heads, that his solo will continue and they already have the new creative team for it. It's just that Marvel seems to be taking their sweet time in announcing all this.

Most likely their trying to time the announcement and the release of the solo with the new team as close as possible with the Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse movie coming out December 14th. A movie which will be released in theaters and have Our Boy Miles as the main character. It's all about that synergy.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Newsarama posted an article that Champions #24, which is centered on Miles, will deal with school gun violence and shootings. They also revealed the actual cover for the issue.

CHAMPIONS #24 to Deal with Gun Violence in Schools, Centered on MILES MORALES
    Is that supposed to be Barbra between Viv and Dust?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Agreed, Barbra just doesn't cut it as a love interest.

A bit of Miles from Champions #24 from Marcio Menyz.
    That is beautiful art right there, and I'll be looking forward to issue 24 of Champions, given the issue it appears to be tackling.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Spectacular Member

Venom #5 Preview

For not having his own series at the moment Miles is still getting plenty of attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Is that supposed to be Barbra between Viv and Dust?
    Lol I keep forgetting Barbara was a thing
    We need better comics

No one can blame you for that.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    Venom #5 Preview

For not having his own series at the moment Miles is still getting plenty of attention.
    The solo did it's job. Now it's time to show Miles with others something you didn't see him do until volume 2.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Lol I keep forgetting Barbara was a thing
    I honestly won't be surprised if the next writer drops her without a word .

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Newsarama posted an article that Champions #24, which is centered on Miles, will deal with school gun violence and shootings. They also revealed the actual cover for the issue.

CHAMPIONS #24 to Deal with Gun Violence in Schools, Centered on MILES MORALES
    Wow. Having seen his posts online and gotten to meet him in person, Jim Zub seems like such a genuinely kind, thoughtful and decent human being. This is such a tricky and important topic, and I'm so glad that he chose to take it on. I absolutely believe in his ability to have Miles and his fellow Champions address it in a meaningful way for the audience.
    Co-host of Ultimate Spin - the Spider-Fan podcast for Miles Morales and Spider-Gwen!
    And check out our in-depth podcast interviews with their creators!

Here's another beautiful panel from the upcoming issue #24 of Champions

Pencils by Sean Izaakse

Colors by Marcio Menyz

IMG_3804.jpg

is Miles getting too old too quickly? Wasn't he originally 13-14? is he assumed to be 16-17 now? Just wondering. Having him be middle-school aged would have been more interesting long-term contrast with the adult Spider-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    is Miles getting too old too quickly? Wasn't he originally 13-14? is he assumed to be 16-17 now? Just wondering. Having him be middle-school aged would have been more interesting long-term contrast with the adult Spider-Man.
    Time progression in Marvel comics was always a bit murky, and thats without adding the concepts of multiverses, time-travel, and just the sheer continuity maintenance that comes with a publisher that tries to stay up to date with current events and issues ("The World outside our Window" right?). But I think the general rule is that for every decade that passes in the real world; only 3-4 years pass in the Marvel Universe.

Miles may be a special case since he's originally from the Ultimate universe and time progression may be different there than in the 616. There's also the year long retirement he had back in the UU after his mother died, and the 8 month time skip after Secret Wars. So yeah it can definitely seem that way but if we're going by Marvel rules of time progression, and the fact the Miles has been around going 7 years now, then his current age is actually lining up pretty concisely with the continuity. Whether that was on purpose or by happy accident by the Marvel editorial department is up in the air.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Wasn't he stated to be about to have his 17th birthday in Sitting in a Tree, and then had another birthday in the recent annual? Miles is now 18.

Also, this is odd. We just got a Champions member solo book announcement, but it was Riri, not Miles. When will he get a new series?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 08-20-2018 at 08:25 AM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Wasn't he stated to be about to have his 17th birthday in Sitting in a Tree, and then had another birthday in the recent annual? Miles is now 18.

Also, this is odd. We just got a Champions member solo book announcement, but it was Riri, not Miles. When will he get a new series?
    As other have said his aging has been fairly on point so I'm not bothered by it. I just seems quick because when a young character ages the differences in there life tend to be more apparent.

And the new solo really should be in November, the movie is out the next month. Unless Miles plays a huge part in Spider-Geddon Marvel really isn't doing much to add to the movie hype, I know it's not a Marvel owned movie but things should still be done. It's especially apparent when both the movie and the event deal with the Spider-Verse.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Miles' birthday in the annual was during the 3 month gap between when he got bit and when he became Spider-Man, so he he should still only be 17ish right now.

I think the new Solo will be announced once Spidergedon is finished since hes supposed to have a big role in that series.