Page 9 of 57 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX View Post
    Also Ashley Barton’s skin tone is way off.

A very good point there, actually. If we're going to be charitable for a moment, I'd blame it on the lighting.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Also Ashley Barton’s skin tone is way off.
    Picture:

Actual:
    yes! It shouldn't be as light as it is, but we'll see if it's lighting or something far more disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Let's not forget Donny Cates who claimed he wasn't taking over Venom after Bleeding Cool had leaked it...only for it to be announced the next day that he was taking over Venom .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Let's not forget Donny Cates who claimed he wasn't taking over Venom after Bleeding Cool had leaked it...only for it to be announced the next day that he was taking over Venom .
    Given Hill's comment, I don't think he's doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I’m still holding out hope that, Jason Reynolds agreed to be the new writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    It's not a good sign that he knew Zub was writing him but not the name of the book (Champions).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's not a good sign that he knew Zub was writing him but not the name of the book (Champions).
    Also we have to remember that it’s pretty common for creative teams for annuals to be there only for the one shots. It’s likely that Hill & Blake we’re brought on for the Annual to act as filler while the new creative team for the solo continued to work behind the scenes.

Spectacular Member

Just listened to an interview with Jim Zub on the Battle of the Atom podcast.

It’s mostly about Hunt for Wolverine: Mystery in Madripoor but he also talks a little about his work on Champions.

He does confirm the school shooting in Champions #24 takes place at Miles’ school.

I’m worried for Judge.

Just listened to an interview with Jim Zub on the Battle of the Atom podcast.

It’s mostly about Hunt for Wolverine: Mystery in Madripoor but he also talks a little about his work on Champions.

He does confirm the school shooting in Champions #24 takes place at Miles’ school.

I’m worried for Judge.
    I hope your worry is proven wrong, after what happened in the annual (which was really the only thing I wasn't a fan of), killing another one of Miles' friends would not only be pointless but pretty lame.

I don't think Zub is going to actually kill someone from Miles' supporting cast in a book that isn't Miles' solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Zub is going to actually kill someone from Miles' supporting cast in a book that isn't Miles' solo.
    I hope not, unless it's laying the groundwork for what Miles will have to deal with once his solo relaunches. Even so, I sincerely hope Judge doesn't end up as Miles's "Gwen Stacy," insofar as Ultimate Peter or Miles's mother Rio was (initially) Miles's "Uncle Ben."

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I hope not, unless it's laying the groundwork for what Miles will have to deal with once his solo relaunches. Even so, I sincerely hope Judge doesn't end up as Miles's "Gwen Stacy," insofar as Ultimate Peter or Miles's mother Rio was (initially) Miles's "Uncle Ben."
    Do you mean George Stacy?

Plus I have faith Mr. Zub will handle it extremely well. Judge is the only side character I know who would probably still have an impact without overly enraging the fan base.
    Last edited by SpiderX; 09-03-2018 at 02:43 PM.

Do you mean George Stacy?

Plus I have faith Mr. Zub will handle it extremely well. Judge is the only side character I know who would probably still have an impact without overly enraging the fan base.
    Thanks for that reminder, especially given that like George Stacy with Peter, Judge did figure out that Miles was secretly Spider-Man.

I don't think Judge is really equivalent to either Stacy's, since he's not a love interest nor is he an older mentor figure .

I guess he's more like...Kong, I guess?