Thread: Teen Titans #20

Default Teen Titans #20

Batman has no idea what he’s doing. Superman? Not a clue. Wonder Woman? Whatever. Damian Wayne is Robin, and he’s done with the bleeding-heart approach favored by the heroes of the senior circuit. New plan of action: recruit a new Teen Titans. Kid Flash, Red Arrow and newbies Roundhouse, D’jinn and…wait, Lobo has a daughter? That’ll end well. And then build something in secret deep beneath the new Teen Titans HQ. Secret from his teammates, secret from even Batman. It’s a secret that will change the way you look at Robin forever!
    Lobo has a DAUGHTER??!! Since when?

X-men have the Fastball Special. What's the Roundhouse/Crush 'bowling maneuver' going to be called?

Who is THE OTHER?

What do you think is Djinn's secret shame?

It was a pretty good premiere and team formation story. Neat to see the Rebirth version of Brother Blood.

Smart main cover, below, choice/exposition to go with. The variant is a colorful poser poster image and Robin looks better than on the main one.

Cover._SX360_QL80_TTD_.jpg
    Last edited by Bookem Danno; 08-05-2018 at 08:00 PM. Reason: link

Astonishing Member

I need to finish up the prior run, which I generally did enjoy. I'm curious and sad that Jackson Hyde/Aqualad was not kept for this iteration because of how new he still is and how much he could have used the ongoing exposure. As is, he seems to be limboed again.

Glad Wallace/Kid Flash is still around. After the fallout in The Flash, I hope that remains a part of his character in this book. I also read he apparently stuck with Damian despite his reservations of the kid as a sort of caller outer for the Damian's lesser behavior. With Damian still being him, I wonder how that'll be worked out for Wallace?

Astonishing Member

Either way, to "cover up" my double post, didn't this come out a while ago?
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 08-07-2018 at 01:49 AM.

Well it came out two weeks ago, so I wouldn’t say a while ago, though it’s a bit late for a discussion thread.

Personally, I’m kind of glad that they changed the line-up like this. I mean I get that they were doing it for Rebirth, but besides Wally and Aqualad it just felt generic to make it Starfire, Raven, Beastboy, and Robin again. I get that it’s the most well known iteration but it felt like a retread. (That’s just me).

I personally like Wally and Emiko from the Flash and Green Arrow series so I’m glad to see them here, Crush could be interesting as Lobo has grown on me lately and it could be interesting to see what they do with his daughter. I’ll hold off on judgment for the other two for now, though roundhouse seems kind of fun.

I also kind of prefer what Damian ended up doing at the end, instead of what they tried to make us think he was doing in the special issue. Obviously it will come back to bite him but for now I’ll see how it goes.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Either way, to "cover up" my double post, didn't this come out a while ago?
    Forum problems.. I have had the same problem too.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Well it came out two weeks ago, so I wouldn’t say a while ago, though it’s a bit late for a discussion thread.

Personally, I’m kind of glad that they changed the line-up like this. I mean I get that they were doing it for Rebirth, but besides Wally and Aqualad it just felt generic to make it Starfire, Raven, Beastboy, and Robin again. I get that it’s the most well known iteration but it felt like a retread. (That’s just me).

I personally like Wally and Emiko from the Flash and Green Arrow series so I’m glad to see them here, Crush could be interesting as Lobo has grown on me lately and it could be interesting to see what they do with his daughter. I’ll hold off on judgment for the other two for now, though roundhouse seems kind of fun.

I also kind of prefer what Damian ended up doing at the end, instead of what they tried to make us think he was doing in the special issue. Obviously it will come back to bite him but for now I’ll see how it goes.
    I knew it had to have come out a while back, although perhaps I gave the impression that it came out in June or something. Still, it have that non-Wednesdays or even Thursday date was a bit of a tip-off.

I can see why did what they did for the initial Rebirth book, but I enjoyed it well enough in spite of the homaging with using Beast Boy, Raven, and Starfire. My only issue with the shuffle is that Aqualad's not with them, especially since he's chronologically new, too, and only just "officially" gained the name in Rebirth canon right before the switch up.

Kid Flash is always cool when they bother to focus on the guy, and Red Arrow was always a fun little firebrand. I'll need to see about the new kids when I give them a read.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Forum problems.. I have had the same problem too.
    I noticed a lot of unsolicited back-to-back postings, but that was the first time it happened to me. One moderator/admin was closing big threads in the attempt to hopefully help with sever loads, but who knows?

Mighty Member

Welp, despite not being the biggest fan of where this title is headed, the Silmarillion line and the surrounding moments had me laughing quite a bit.

Edit: And...wrong thread.
    Last edited by Sam; 08-08-2018 at 06:05 AM.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers