Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know much about Led Zeppelin, so that doesn't really do anything for me .

Blonde guy with a hammer and beard? Is DeConnick trying to write Thor ?

Is the woman at the end Mera?
    Go listen to the Mothership Album and you can thank me later.

As for the article/preview I get what she's saying but Aquaman as Led Zeppelin? Her run maybe but if we were describing heroes as music Zeppelin would probably be more Batman like. The epicness feels like Aquaman but the introspectiveness and moodier tunes don't. Honestly I would pick CCR (Creedence Clearwater Revival) for Aquaman, probably no one's first choice due to the rockabilly and country feel to it but when you think about it he's basically a (Northern) country boy. Very working class type music that speaks out on social issues while being catchy and iconic. The music has a certain strong identity and comfort in it with a lot of emotional depth that I see in Aquaman.

Kinda funny typing that out when we are getting yet again another Aquaman story with memory loss and with no real identity.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know much about Led Zeppelin, so that doesn't really do anything for me .

Blonde guy with a hammer and beard? Is DeConnick trying to write Thor ?

Is the woman at the end Mera?
    Either in the interview or solicits, a new character is mentioned and I'm guessing that's her. Really hope she's not going to be a love interest while he's suffering amnesia to drive him and Mera apart. God, could DC have ran with a more played-out reset than "AMNEEESSSIAAAA!" It's going to be happening in Nightwing as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    . . . God, could DC have ran with a more played-out reset than "AMNEEESSSIAAAA!" It's going to be happening in Nightwing as well!
    Maybe they're hoping potential buyers have amnesia?

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post
    https://ew.com/books/2018/09/17/kell...comic-preview/

I'm not really feeling it. I haven't read anything yet that's making me look forward to her run on Aquaman. Not a fan of the memory loss either.
    Not really into the memory loss aspect and Zeppelin does absolutely nothing for me but I'm going to try and remain optimistic. The art looks gorgeous and I like that she says she will play up Arthur's playfulness a bit. He's always had a quick wit and it could be fun to see some of that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Not really into the memory loss aspect and Zeppelin does absolutely nothing for me but I'm going to try and remain optimistic. The art looks gorgeous and I like that she says she will play up Arthur's playfulness a bit. He's always had a quick wit and it could be fun to see some of that again.
    I think we've had that to some degree with Abnett, but not as much as Parker during his run (granted, Parker had "fun and adventurous" Aquaman, so it really fit).

Was just rereading Justice and I love that outing for Aquaman. He feels so badass and his decree of going after the Brainiac is such an epic moment.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    In the USA, maybe. For us Europeans, a hereditary monarch is simply another dictator, and holds much less romantic appeal.
    What nonsense.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm not into the new direction, and I don't like Led Zeppelin...oh well.

I'll give it a few issues but I'm not looking forward to a full return to the 90s aesthetic. That never rings true as AQUAMAN for me. I want to read about Arthur and Mera having adventures and living life in Atlantis.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 09-19-2018 at 01:43 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I'm not into the new direction, and I don't like Led Zeppelin...oh well.

I'll give it a few issues but I'm not looking forward to a full return to the 90s aesthetic. That never rings true as AQUAMAN for me. I want to read about Arthur and Mera having adventures and living life in Atlantis.
    This. I'm done with Aquaman for now, to think they started Rebirth with Arthur and Mera engaged and slowly over the course of the run, they stripped everything away. As good as a run as this has been, the fact it's ending on a depressing note really rubs me the wrong way. I wanted a wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I wanted a wedding.
    I wanted a Bruce Wayne and Sellina Kyle wedding . . . but DC pulled an overly-hyped fast one there, too.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I wanted a Bruce Wayne and Sellina Kyle wedding . . . but DC pulled an overly-hyped fast one there, too.
    Why have that when you can just forget?

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Why have that when you can just forget?
    Why forget when you can sell variants and not have to change anything?

I guess I'll be curious how DeConnick will handle the relationship given Abnett still hasn't married them yet (and might not at this rate).

I know there was a rumor that there would be some kind of "star-crossed lovers" thing going on in her run while Mera was Queen and Arthur was a heroic rebel.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Why forget when you can sell variants and not have to change anything?
    Take my money.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Take my money.
    Gladly. Now wait until the next convention so I can tell you how I'm committed to telling great stories when what I really peddle is gimmicks and shock value.

Back on topic and with less salt, I'm amazed they've kept Middleton on variants for the long and they've only gotten better and better. His covers are breathtaking. Do we know if he's continuing with KSD?
    Last edited by Robanker; 09-20-2018 at 12:41 PM.