Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

The more I see of this movie, the more I believe it's going to actually be REALLY GOOD.
    And hey, filmed in Australia, directed by an Aussie - it's going to kick arse!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    New Posters

those posters look amazing.

How is everyone feeling about Drowned Earth so far?

Oh! There was this small snippet in the DC Nation #6 issue where KSD spoke about the villain of her upcoming Aquaman arc.

Honestly, of all the things she's said about this run this is one of the few things that REALLY peaked my interest. I remember in the last DC Nation issue it had Namma as one of the villains to watch for the next year as well. I think Arthur's rogues gallery is always one that could use a bit more sprucing and I'm excited to see someone new and powerful in the mix.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    I don't know if I've seen a CBM that's nearly 100% accurate to the source material as Aquaman.
    These posters are beautiful!
    The closest contender that I can think of would be the Raimi Spider-Man movies. Nothing else really comes close.

Yeah, these posters are fantastic. Every one of them. Usually there's at least one weak one is a set like this, but I don't see one.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    The closest contender that I can think of would be the Raimi Spider-Man movies. Nothing else really comes close.

Yeah, these posters are fantastic. Every one of them. Usually there's at least one weak one is a set like this, but I don't see one.
    Aside from the Spidey and Sandman costumes, the Raimi movies were hardly accurate.

Other movies, Aquaman included, have done way better than that trilogy. Although those films did recreate a lot of iconic panels, if that's what you mean.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    The more I see of this movie, the more I believe it's going to actually be REALLY GOOD.
    And hey, filmed in Australia, directed by an Aussie - it's going to kick arse!

Yeah....I believe that it will do better than Wonder Woman.
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    New Posters

AWESOME!

Interesting that Black Manta is armed with a xiphos. I wonder why that is.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hareluyafan1 View Post
    AWESOME!

Interesting that Black Manta is armed with a xiphos. I wonder why that is.
    It has a trident at the end, so I imagine it's something he stole from Atlantis

"Go behind the scenes with the cast of Aquaman!"
    A new featurette that gives some new glimpses into the film!

https://twitter.com/aquamanmovieuk/s...05081268740096

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

It always bothers me on those rare occasions where they'll have Aquaman fish or kill sea life. He can hear the cries of all those fish begging for help. He can hear their most desperate attempts to stay alive. He's supposed to protect them.

It's so easy to be callous towards sea life since we don't relate to them, but Aquaman should be above all that.

I don't really think the new run looks like it'll be my thing, but I'll at least read the opening issue and assess it.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    It always bothers me on those rare occasions where they'll have Aquaman fish or kill sea life. He can hear the cries of all those fish begging for help. He can hear their most desperate attempts to stay alive. He's supposed to protect them.

It's so easy to be callous towards sea life since we don't relate to them, but Aquaman should be above all that.

I don't really think the new run looks like it'll be my thing, but I'll at least read the opening issue and assess it.
    I think all of those fish were already dead. It's said on the fourth page that they are rotten and dead when they pull them out. They wouldn't be rotten if they were alive just a few seconds aqo.

Edit: I just remembered, didn't aquaman just loose his power to comunicate with sea life. I thought that it was given to black manta? So that also might be an explanation.
    Last edited by Owl; 11-14-2018 at 12:04 AM.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post

Has it ever been established that he has any kind of empathic connection with fish? John's established that fish are too simpleminded to have a conversation with.

Meanwhile? What else would a sea-dwelling person eat? Kelp? It's the ocean: everything eats everything else.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

New Aquaman featurette