Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Spectacular Member

Default Aquaman Appreciation Thread!!!

Get to start the thread for my favorite superhero of all time! All hail the King of the Seven Seas!!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Long may be reign!

This week is the start of the SINK ATLANTIS crossover?

Doesn’t he already have an appreciation thread?

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Doesn’t he already have an appreciation thread?
    Mods closed most of the long threads in hope that would speed the forums up. Clearly, that's not working. But as a symptom of that, most of the appreciation threads are now closed.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Long may be reign!

This week is the start of the SINK ATLANTIS crossover?
    It is!

I admit I was a little meh of the crossover in the beginning but it feels so like it's been forever since Arthur went up against some villains outside his norm so I'm excited. Plus, I'm just happy to be rid of Rath.

I'm glad to see a new thread for Aquaman. I'm really hoping his movie is a financial and critical success. He is truly a great character and I think he still has a ton of potential. I also think his supporting cast is great.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm glad to see a new thread for Aquaman. I'm really hoping his movie is a financial and critical success. He is truly a great character and I think he still has a ton of potential. I also think his supporting cast is great.
    I think he has the potential to have a great supporting cast, but outside of Mera his supporting cast is pretty much non existent. I think it's been one of the negatives of his titles since the new 52. And they're treatment of Garth and Arthur's relationship has been criminal. If they'd consistently feature Mera, Garth, Tula, Jackson and if you could also throw in Lorena and Lagoon Boy, you'd have a top notch supporting cast.

Don't forget "The Others" they were a pretty cool supporting cast for Arthur, I like the idea he has this forgotten history before he joined the league.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Quote Originally Posted by soccerguy951 View Post
    I think he has the potential to have a great supporting cast, but outside of Mera his supporting cast is pretty much non existent. I think it's been one of the negatives of his titles since the new 52. And they're treatment of Garth and Arthur's relationship has been criminal. If they'd consistently feature Mera, Garth, Tula, Jackson and if you could also throw in Lorena and Lagoon Boy, you'd have a top notch supporting cast.
    The fact that Aquaman still hasn't even met the new Aqualad yet is completely ridiculous.

Granted, these days we're lucky enough when Arthur and Garth get to exchange one or two words with each other.

No idea if this is a legit ad or not (probably not), but it should be true

FB_IMG_1536467275453.jpg

https://ew.com/books/2018/09/17/kell...comic-preview/

I'm not really feeling it. I haven't read anything yet that's making me look forward to her run on Aquaman. Not a fan of the memory loss either.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post

I'm not really feeling it. I haven't read anything yet that's making me look forward to her run on Aquaman. Not a fan of the memory loss either.
    I’ll get the first arc. If I don’t like it I’ll drop it after that.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Damn, as much as I hate everything I've read about the new direction for Arthur, that art is making me second guess sitting out. Maybe one issue. I'll leaf through it at my lcs to discren if I want to take a shot on another amnesiac relaunch that goes back to an iteration I don't care for.

Quote Originally Posted by MosSuperman View Post

I don't know much about Led Zeppelin, so that doesn't really do anything for me .

Blonde guy with a hammer and beard? Is DeConnick trying to write Thor ?

Is the woman at the end Mera?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know much about Led Zeppelin, so that doesn't really do anything for me .

Blonde guy with a hammer and beard? Is DeConnick trying to write Thor ?

Is the woman at the end Mera?
    Go listen to the Mothership Album and you can thank me later.

As for the article/preview I get what she's saying but Aquaman as Led Zeppelin? Her run maybe but if we were describing heroes as music Zeppelin would probably be more Batman like. The epicness feels like Aquaman but the introspectiveness and moodier tunes don't. Honestly I would pick CCR (Creedence Clearwater Revival) for Aquaman, probably no one's first choice due to the rockabilly and country feel to it but when you think about it he's basically a (Northern) country boy. Very working class type music that speaks out on social issues while being catchy and iconic. The music has a certain strong identity and comfort in it with a lot of emotional depth that I see in Aquaman.

Kinda funny typing that out when we are getting yet again another Aquaman story with memory loss and with no real identity.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics