Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Middleton's covers have been the best part about this SINK ATLANTIS crossover.

I was hoping Abnett would end his run with a wedding between Mera and Arthur, not...this. I've loved his run as a whole, and there are some good ideas here, but comparing this to the first half of it? Big drop, I'm sorry to say. Abnett still makes a good comic out of this crossover, just a sad way to end an otherwise really strong run.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 09-20-2018 at 07:10 PM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Middleton's covers have been the one good part about this SINK ATLANTIS crossover.

I was hoping Abnett would end his run with a wedding between Mera and Arthur, not...this. I've loved his run as a whole, but comparing this to the first half of it? Big drop, I'm sorry to say.
    Yeah, I was hoping for that as well. Overall I've been a big fan of Abnett's run, but I agree the start was stronger than the finish.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yeah, I was hoping for that as well. Overall I've been a big fan of Abnett's run, but I agree the start was stronger than the finish.
    The idea of a black ops attack on Atlantis, by the US, makes sense. Especially with what happened in the early part of the Rebirth run. Hell, throw in there that Atlantis just fought a civil war, is not in good shape, and highly vulnerable to a coup or an attack.

The use of the Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn in a scuba suit, makes it too farcical though. Totally kills the drama and tension.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I'm going to give it an issue or two and see where it goes.
    The artwork is great though....
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    The idea of a black ops attack on Atlantis, by the US, makes sense. Especially with what happened in the early part of the Rebirth run. Hell, throw in there that Atlantis just fought a civil war, is not in good shape, and highly vulnerable to a coup or an attack.

The use of the Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn in a scuba suit, makes it too farcical though. Totally kills the drama and tension.
    I agree with this. Atlantis is very vulnerable so it makes sense to make a move against it. I also agree about Harley. I haven't liked the character post the reboot and I also never liked her as a member of the Suicide Squad.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Interview with Ramona Fradon "The Woman Who Made Aquaman a Star": http://www.vulture.com/2018/09/the-w...an-a-star.html

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Interview with Ramona Fradon "The Woman Who Made Aquaman a Star": http://www.vulture.com/2018/09/the-w...an-a-star.html
    Fun read.

Here’s another yesterday from DC Comics and James Wan: https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/0...-aquamans-past
    He says he’s a big fan of the Johns run and the Silver Age Cardy stuff.

And where he gets some of his inspiration for the movie:
    “I pulled influences from stuff that inspired me and influenced me since I was a little kid, all the way from classic Ray Harryhausen to the more traditional earlier Spielberg stuff,” Wan explained when asked about his fantasy influences. “I’ve mentioned my love for Romancing the Stone as well, and the way the characters interact. It’s a bit of a mixture. The really cool thing is I feel like this property really allowed me to take a stab at all these different flavors. The film really has a lot of different flavors to it. I’m using the mythology of Aquaman and his world to pull it all together.”

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Back on topic and with less salt, I'm amazed they've kept Middleton on variants for the long and they've only gotten better and better. His covers are breathtaking. Do we know if he's continuing with KSD?
    I hope so. In my opinion, most of Middleton's variants are better than the regular covers.

On that topic, this is my favourite Middleton cover art:
    3lz9ssldij6y.jpg

In my opinion, Middleton draws the best Black Manta.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Have you guys seen the leaked photo of the official Aquaman costume for the movie? I heard it was really good but I was still skeptical about how they were going to pull off a comic accurate suit. Turns out, it's pretty amazing
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Have you guys seen the leaked photo of the official Aquaman costume for the movie? I heard it was really good but I was still skeptical about how they were going to pull off a comic accurate suit. Turns out, it's pretty amazing
    The leaked picture is amazing. It is a comic accurate costume, but it still fits the aesthetic of the DC movie universe.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

The King of the Sea is here:

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Bright orange... doesn't fit him. I really like his tattoos so I wish they keep him shirtless or the costume darker.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Bright orange... doesn't fit him. I really like his tattoos so I wish they keep him shirtless or the costume darker.
    I think it looks great on him, I would like him to lose the hair and the beard.

I'm sure the animation team would like him to lose it too.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

I remember Aquaman being given a tryout in Adventure Comics

BANNED