Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

I liked what I saw. Just hoping the dramatic parts outweigh the parts that make Arthur look dumb.

This is better than the first trailer this was really good.

this feels more like a fun summer movie than a winter movie, but I guess DC has to pick its release windows wisely.

I just can't stress what a good trailer this was for this movie. The first trailer had some good parts and a few scenes that kind of had me worried but this was really good. Also those henchman have terrible aim, Mera was running in a straight line for too long for them to miss.

I'm surprised that the trailer was this long tho. Anyway looks like a fun movie I like Mamoa, that pee line was hilarious.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, he feels a little too...dumb, to me I guess? That pee line really didn't do it for me.

But that reveal of him in the classic suit was amazing .
    I feel like they are making Arthur more dumb to make the concepts of Aquaman seem easier to be taken in. If Arthur makes fun of himself or makes the situation seem goofy himself it drawing attention away from the concept. Not that there is anything wrong with Aquaman as a concept but there's still that stigma around the character and will probably still be there even after this movie.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    I worry about him and amber being able to lead this movie. Both aren't the greatest actors in the world.

That and the sheer amount of CGI.

Definitely excited though. Looks like it coudl easily be my favorite DCEU (or whatever its called now) movie

idk man, from this 5 minutes, you can assume that:

background on arthur
    arthur coaxed back to atlantis and fights orm in gladiator match for the crown
    arthur loses
    athur mera look for trident
    ambushed by manta
    head to the trench for trident
    ends up with trident
    war with Orm

biggest questions, IMO are:

- why is orm attacking teh surface world now?
    - why is manta working with orm at all?
    - what the others countries/kingdoms have to do with it. are they aligning with Orm? Arthur?
    - what does the trident actually do?
    What we got out of the newest trailer has me sold for Amber Heard. She really feels like she's getting into it and will give a rock solid performance.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    What we got out of the newest trailer has me sold for Amber Heard. She really feels like she's getting into it and will give a rock solid performance.
    I like that Mera got a lot of time in the trailer. It seems part of WB's move to give their female characters more exposure after the success of Wonder Woman. I suspect that although the
    movie is titled Aquaman, it will really be more Aquaman and Mera.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

DowfoKnWwAMUNmJ.jpg

Nevermind! Bright orange does suit him. I guess for me it's all about the lighting.

Also this.
    https://www.newsarama.com/42229-nycc...-s-finest.html
    There is not much. I hope we will get video or actual transcript of the panel later.:
    DeConnick is shifting away from what has been going the last two years in the title.
    "We're going to be doing some stories on land. We're kind of taking Aquaman on the side to set our tone for the book. If we're doing our jobs well, it should be an Arthur who is familiar to fans of the man." DeConnickDeConnick says she wasn't sure about doing Aquaman at first but that her husband Matt Fraction convinced her to do it.
    She talks a bit about how Jason Momoa's depiction of the character was part of the inspiration for her version of Arthur Curry.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Everything about what's going forward is telling me I won't like this, as it sounds a whole lot like an Arthur I don't care for (edgy, extreme and a bit of a bro), but the art does look good (even if I don't care for shirtless, bearded Aquaman) and I do want to give DeConnick a fair shot. I'm going to consider getting the first issue instead of avoiding it like I originally intended.

I do want to keep reading Aquaman going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    Also this.
    https://www.newsarama.com/42229-nycc...-s-finest.html
    There is not much. I hope we will get video or actual transcript of the panel later.:
    DeConnick is shifting away from what has been going the last two years in the title.
    "We're going to be doing some stories on land. We're kind of taking Aquaman on the side to set our tone for the book. If we're doing our jobs well, it should be an Arthur who is familiar to fans of the man." DeConnickDeConnick says she wasn't sure about doing Aquaman at first but that her husband Matt Fraction convinced her to do it.
    She talks a bit about how Jason Momoa's depiction of the character was part of the inspiration for her version of Arthur Curry.
    Eh...hopefully not too much of an inspiration in that she writes Arthur exactly like Momoa's version.

The art is gorgeous though .

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Trailer looks great.

Not sold on the new direction for the comics though. Sounds like the polar opposite from the kind of Aquaman stories that I enjoy.

The art has been the only thing so far that has my attention. I like Momoa's Aquaman but I wouldn't like that being that template for how future writers write Arthur. It makes me think that she finds the character boring which she probably does. Its making me miss Johns on Aquaman.

I hope this movie is a success critically and financially. I like what I see so far. My only concern is the CGI. I hope it is not too over done. Black Manta looked awesome as well. I think his suit and especially his helmet were done right.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

A new preview for....I am not sure what..... ,but it looks good and sounds fun.
    https://twitter.com/AquamanShrine/st...59645546541056

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    I liked what I saw. Just hoping the dramatic parts outweigh the parts that make Arthur look dumb.
    Momoa's Aquaman isn't "dumb"; he does his own thing, thinking that nothing coming from Atlantis concerns him (thanks to his perception of feeling abandoned by his mother). Clearly, he is still a hero-type, albeit reluctant. This up-coming movie is about him stepping up and becoming responsible for things beyond his initial perception.