Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Aquaman Appreciation Thread!!!

Get to start the thread for my favorite superhero of all time! All hail the King of the Seven Seas!!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Long may be reign!

This week is the start of the SINK ATLANTIS crossover?

Doesn’t he already have an appreciation thread?

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Doesn’t he already have an appreciation thread?
    Mods closed most of the long threads in hope that would speed the forums up. Clearly, that's not working. But as a symptom of that, most of the appreciation threads are now closed.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Long may be reign!

This week is the start of the SINK ATLANTIS crossover?
    It is!

I admit I was a little meh of the crossover in the beginning but it feels so like it's been forever since Arthur went up against some villains outside his norm so I'm excited. Plus, I'm just happy to be rid of Rath.

I'm glad to see a new thread for Aquaman. I'm really hoping his movie is a financial and critical success. He is truly a great character and I think he still has a ton of potential. I also think his supporting cast is great.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm glad to see a new thread for Aquaman. I'm really hoping his movie is a financial and critical success. He is truly a great character and I think he still has a ton of potential. I also think his supporting cast is great.
    I think he has the potential to have a great supporting cast, but outside of Mera his supporting cast is pretty much non existent. I think it's been one of the negatives of his titles since the new 52. And they're treatment of Garth and Arthur's relationship has been criminal. If they'd consistently feature Mera, Garth, Tula, Jackson and if you could also throw in Lorena and Lagoon Boy, you'd have a top notch supporting cast.

Don't forget "The Others" they were a pretty cool supporting cast for Arthur, I like the idea he has this forgotten history before he joined the league.
    When you crush an ant beneath your foot, do feel remorse? No. Is this because you are evil or because you recognize yourself as a higher form of life? This is what the Wizard could not understand. If I have the powers of the gods, then am I not a god myself? Should I not be treated as such?

Quote Originally Posted by soccerguy951 View Post
    I think he has the potential to have a great supporting cast, but outside of Mera his supporting cast is pretty much non existent. I think it's been one of the negatives of his titles since the new 52. And they're treatment of Garth and Arthur's relationship has been criminal. If they'd consistently feature Mera, Garth, Tula, Jackson and if you could also throw in Lorena and Lagoon Boy, you'd have a top notch supporting cast.
    The fact that Aquaman still hasn't even met the new Aqualad yet is completely ridiculous.

Granted, these days we're lucky enough when Arthur and Garth get to exchange one or two words with each other.

While I think his supporting cast are great characters, I agree that they can definitely use more shine. I would like to see Garth appear more in the Aquaman comic. He also needs to be introduced to Aqualad already. I also miss Lorena.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Mild spoilers in the article

EXCL: Tynion & Snyder Drown the Earth in Their Justice League/Aquaman Crossover

I really liked these parts of the article. I'm always into anything that builds the mythos of Atlantis.
    We’re building off the version of Arthur that’s been existence, […] the character as he’s been in Rebirth but also the Geoff Johns run before that. I think Aquaman is a character for both Scott and I who really surprised us. There’s this richness and the depth because he’s tapped into the fantastic mythology of Atlantis, this he larger than life myth that’s a greater metaphor of this great society. But there’s also this cynicism there, in the fact that in the real world version of the story, the idea is that Atlantis was this great utopia and then it sank to the seas and died.”
    Of course there’s more to Drowned Earth‘s roots than the mysteries hidden inside Atlantis’ walls, and Justice League writer Scott Snyder was more than happy to elaborate on the strange nature of the ocean itself. “We wanted to create this big mystery around the idea that Earth seems to be one of the only planets that has vibrant sort of oceanic life. There just aren’t a lot of other places that have big living oceans. So we wanted to create a mystery around that — was there something that happened with Atlantis that caused that?

“That’s kind of why Arthur feels like he’s looking back at the days of Atlantis when it was an exploratory city, one of the first ever in history before it sunk,” Snyder continued. “And it was a civilization that wanted to reach out to other planets, wanted to reach out to other civilizations and see if there was a way of using the ocean, using this kind of fluidity of life that connect us all to reach out and find other other species.”
    Very excited to get a big Aquaman event again. It's been awhile and having him at the forefront of a League mission is going to have great synergy with the movie.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 08-14-2018 at 11:52 AM.

Some of the artwork

Mighty Member

So glad to see that with Mera taking the throne Arthur is not being sidelined. This crossover looks great and Arthur deserves the spotlight to show off his badassness.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Mild spoilers in the article

EXCL: Tynion & Snyder Drown the Earth in Their Justice League/Aquaman Crossover

I really liked these parts of the article. I'm always into anything that builds the mythos of Atlantis.

Very excited to get a big Aquaman event again. It's been awhile and having him at the forefront of a League mission is going to have great synergy with the movie.
    Probably the closest we'll get to "Rise of the Seven Seas" in the comics anytime soon...

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

That creative team doesn't excite me, but I'm glad Aquaman is front and center. I'll check it out!

I wonder if this will be the fill in crossover between Abnett's run and DeConnick's upcoming run?