Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by liwanag View Post
    Was this actually Momoa holding the trident or someone just having some Aquaman fun in time square ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Was this actually Momoa holding the trident or someone just having some Aquaman fun in time square ?
    haven't thought of that, but if it was just some random dude, he sure had fun waving that trident.

Poor Orm lost his helmet .

Now thats just badass!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

ComiXology is having a huge sale on Aquaman comics going until January 2nd!

https://m.comixology.com/Aquaman-Sal...-sale-12032018

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    ComiXology is having a huge sale on Aquaman comics going until January 2nd!

https://m.comixology.com/Aquaman-Sal...-sale-12032018
    Thank you for the info! Aquaman is the only title from DC I’ve read consistently since the New 52 (that’s when I got back into comics). I’ve been interested in reading some of the older stuff and I’m currently reading the Peter David volumes. Does anyone have any recommendations I should check out from the sale? Death of a Prince storyline is one I’ve heard a little about, but I’m curious what else people would consider as recommended reading.

awesome reviews

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Just came from a showing and wanted to pop in and say- holy crap, I loved it.

Toppled my expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Just came from a showing and wanted to pop in and say- holy crap, I loved it.

Toppled my expectations.
    The Movie was great .

A superhero riding a creative wave in the comics leading to a long-awaited solo feature film that could change their status forever.

Aquaman in 2018?

Nope (or not yet, at least).

I'm referring to Batman in 1989.

And Green Lantern in 2011.

And Wonder Woman in 2017.

3 times in the past, we've seen similar scenarios unfolding, with different results each time.

Batman's Moment in 1989, with a blockbuster movie, elevated him to DC's new Omega (The Alpha of Alphas) Hero, a position he has held for almost 30 years now.

Green Lantern's Moment in 2011, with a turd of a movie, squandered most of a massive creative wave in the comics for the GL franchise, but still got him a solo animated series and in an overall decent spot, but he could have legit challenged the Bat for DC supremacy had his movie been successful.

Wonder Woman's Moment in 2017, with a blockbuster movie, was not supported by a large enough creative wave in the comics, and hasn't gotten even a 2nd ongoing title or solo animated series out of her movie's success.

So, what do you think will happen with Aquaman's moment in 2018? Is there a large enough creative wave in his comics to support a potential blockbuster movie for a sustained elevated status at DC?

Will Aquaman overall improve a bit as GL did (despite his movie's failure)? Will he actually regress a bit as Wonder Woman (despite her movie being a success)?

Or ... could he get both creative comix wave AND blockbuster movie like Batman did?

I honestly have no idea. Do you?

Quote Originally Posted by daBronzeBomma View Post
    A superhero riding a creative wave in the comics leading to a long-awaited solo feature film that could change their status forever.

Aquaman in 2018?

Nope (or not yet, at least).

I'm referring to Batman in 1989.

And Green Lantern in 2011.

And Wonder Woman in 2017.

3 times in the past, we've seen similar scenarios unfolding, with different results each time.

Batman's Moment in 1989, with a blockbuster movie, elevated him to DC's new Omega (The Alpha of Alphas) Hero, a position he has held for almost 30 years now.

Green Lantern's Moment in 2011, with a turd of a movie, squandered most of a massive creative wave in the comics for the GL franchise, but still got him a solo animated series and in an overall decent spot, but he could have legit challenged the Bat for DC supremacy had his movie been successful.

Wonder Woman's Moment in 2017, with a blockbuster movie, was not supported by a large enough creative wave in the comics, and hasn't gotten even a 2nd ongoing title or solo animated series out of her movie's success.

So, what do you think will happen with Aquaman's moment in 2018? Is there a large enough creative wave in his comics to support a potential blockbuster movie for a sustained elevated status at DC?

Will Aquaman overall improve a bit as GL did (despite his movie's failure)? Will he actually regress a bit as Wonder Woman (despite her movie being a success)?

Or ... could he get both creative comix wave AND blockbuster movie like Batman did?

I honestly have no idea. Do you?
    I think most people will react to Aquaman like they did with the first Thor movie. It was generally liked but didn't really break any ground. Honestly as long as the public perception of Aquaman being a joke is shifted, that's all I care about.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

DC in their infinite wisdom decided to give the book to KSD so editorial probably didn't expect the movie to blow up like the way it did and instead went for the soft reboot/amnesia plot probably thinking the movie would bomb. Hopefully they do the smart thing and get Johns to actually finish the Rise of the Seven Seas story he has been teasing forever since the movie is pretty much based on his ideas.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 12-16-2018 at 10:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I think most people will react to Aquaman like they did with the first Thor movie. It was generally liked but didn't really break any ground. Honestly as long as the public perception of Aquaman being a joke is shifted, that's all I care about.
    As someone who holds up the first Thor movie as their favorite Thor film, sounds good to me .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    DC in their infinite wisdom decided to give the book to KSD so editorial probably didn't expect the movie to blow up like the way it did and instead went for the soft reboot/amnesia plot probably thinking the movie would bomb. Hopefully they do the smart thing and get Johns to actually finish the Rise of the Seven Seas story he has been teasing forever since the movie is pretty much based on his ideas.
    I doubt DC expected the movie to bomb unless Justice League really shook them up that much.

I think the more likely reason they gave it to KSD is for a fresh perspective and because she's friends with Bendis.