Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Probably the closest we'll get to "Rise of the Seven Seas" in the comics anytime soon...
    God how I long for that event.

Reading the interview. Poseidon sounds weak and I'm not to fond of how Snyder has used Aquaman in the past. But I'm sure this event will be written and displayed top notch with the team thats on it.

I think Tynion being on writing duties will help. I've nejoyed just about everything I've read from him and his dialogue is good. Snyder is good with big event type stories so I'm pleased he's going to use that energy towards Aquaman.

Poseidon as a whole seems like a meh concept to me but I'm still eager to learn more about the Old Gods of Atlantis.

Aquaman origin story (originally from More Fun Comics #73)
    as reprinted in Secret Origins #7 (October-November 1974):

Finally got around to reading this first two parts of "Sink Atlantis." It's kind of a drag and definitely just a filler arc. More of the surface world and how they'll never trust Atlantis but Mera is officially Queen now so that's fun. Despite her being a baddie, I'm really warming up to Urcell. She does genuinely seem to just want the best for her people but just makes the worst decisions for it. Ready for this to end and Atlantis to be back under water lol.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm already over Sink Atlantis, to be honest. After the big epic Rath storyline, I was hoping for a few lowkey issues with Aquaman and Mera living life in Atlantis. There's got to be a lot of damage to the infrastructure of the state that needs to be repaired and the overall moral of Atlantis...I mean they just fought a civil war on their own turf...

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Aquaman origin story (originally from More Fun Comics #73)
    as reprinted in Secret Origins #7 (October-November 1974):
    I love Golden Age Aquaman.

There's so much energy to him, as he bounds into action.

I hope the whole Suicide Squad crossover does not result in Aquaman or Atlantis getting jobbed to the team.

It will be interesting to see how Queen Mera reacts to these invaders.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

After looking upcoming Aquaman solicitations

I think funny not sad how non existent Garth is in Aquaman that he had no real part play in either recent civil war in Atlantis or upcoming drowned earth from reading solicitations both have heavy usage of Atlantean magic with Garth being only primary magic usage of Aquaman family you would think he have part play in these events but no he doesn’t it like he non existent in Aquaman universe.

I also have say after recent very bad portrayal of Orm in Mera mini I’m not looking forward how he going to be used in drowned earth.

Quote Originally Posted by zoch View Post
    After looking upcoming Aquaman solicitations

I think funny not sad how non existent Garth is in Aquaman that he had no real part play in either recent civil war in Atlantis or upcoming drowned earth from reading solicitations both have heavy usage of Atlantean magic with Garth being only primary magic usage of Aquaman family you would think he have part play in these events but no he doesn’t it like he non existent in Aquaman universe.

I also have say after recent very bad portrayal of Orm in Mera mini I’m not looking forward how he going to be used in drowned earth.
    You can say the same about Wonder Woman. They don’t use Donna for anything. But used supergirl.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    You can say the same about Wonder Woman. They don’t use Donna for anything. But used supergirl.
    At least Donna is still in Titans. Who knows if we'll ever see Garth again .

Am I the only one not feeling the Drowned Earth cross-over at all? Seems way too soon after the Atlantean Civil War we just had (which kind of fizzled out, tbh).

I'd rather see Arthur and Mera rebuilding their relationship, and Atlantis, with Tula and Garth and the whole crew.

Kon93

Is Aquaman getting a power upgrade during this crossover?
    He has his natural abilities, the trident, and now I see a sharp thing wrapped to his arm and light up tattoos. So is he keeping them?

from More Fun Comics #74 (December 1941):

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Man they are really pushing away from the classic Aquaman look, aren't they? How is everyone feeling about his look on the crossover covers? Really not digging the shirtless, beard and rune look personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Man they are really pushing away from the classic Aquaman look, aren't they? How is everyone feeling about his look on the crossover covers? Really not digging the shirtless, beard and rune look personally.
    Maybe they're trying for a Jason Momoa vibe?

And long hair with a beard was a popular look for him many years back.