Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    They definitely are, and to be frank, I really don't care for that era of Aquaman. Visual or narrative. Just not for me. I stick to the reprints (showcase presents or digital) of the silver age run and New 52-onward sans the Bunn run.

I understand I'm in the minority since PAD's Aquaman is a darling among Aquaman's fanbase.
    Same here. Only time I actually disliked Aquaman.

Really hate when they try and make him look like Posiedon.

If Superman and Batman get to have their underoos back, Aquaman can get a freakin' razor.
    Batman - Daredevil

Arthur Curry by Ookla the Mok:

Part celebration, and part tying into all the memes about Aquaman being useless.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    The New 52 stuff has way more in common with Game of Thrones than anything Peter David ever wrote.
    I don't see that at all. Aesthetically, the PAD stuff all goes for the fantasy swords and sorcery thing which I don't care for in Aquaman. You can sprinkle some of that in there, sure- I mostly want sci fi Silver Age high concept stuff.

The New 52 stuff is top notch. Aquaman has been pretty great from the New 52 till now. Consistently.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-29-2018 at 09:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I don't see that at all. Aesthetically, the PAD stuff all goes for the fantasy swords and sorcery thing which I don't care for in Aquaman. You can sprinkle some of that in there, sure- I mostly want sci fi Silver Age high concept stuff.

The New 52 stuff is top notch. Aquaman has been pretty great from the New 52 till now. Consistently.
    Both versions of Aquaman use sword and sorcery elements and science fiction to a degree. It isn't like David bombed the Atlantians all the way back to the Stone Age. The New 52 has stuff like Arthur killing Manta's father, at least three civil wars, turns a long time supporting cast member into a villain and Arthur being raped. That's way further than David ever went. David wasn't even the one who killed off Aquaman's son.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Speaking of Arthurs son. With people slowly getting back memories what is going to happen when Arthur and Mera remembers AJ or Koryak? That is not even taking into account Garth remembering he was married to Dolphin and had a child too.

It really makes me wonder just how many preflashpoint elements DC might bring back after Doomsday Clock is over in regard to Aquaman. I know things like Atlan being his father are not coming back, but AJ I could definitely see being back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Speaking of Arthurs son. With people slowly getting back memories what is going to happen when Arthur and Mera remembers AJ or Koryak? That is not even taking into account Garth remembering he was married to Dolphin and had a child too.

It really makes me wonder just how many preflashpoint elements DC might bring back after Doomsday Clock is over in regard to Aquaman. I know things like Atlan being his father are not coming back, but AJ I could definitely see being back.
    I definitely think this version of Manta killing Arthur's son would be very poignant considering the origin of their enmity.

I'm glad the Rath storyline has ended. It went on for far too long and the ending itself was very underwhelming. I also wonder what the relationship between Aquaman and Dolphin will be like going further. She seemed to really like him. It will be interesting to see how Mera reacts to this.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I'm glad the Rath storyline has ended. It went on for far too long and the ending itself was very underwhelming. I also wonder what the relationship between Aquaman and Dolphin will be like going further. She seemed to really like him. It will be interesting to see how Mera reacts to this.
    What about Garth?

I want Garth to have a greater presence in the Aquaman title as well. I can't remember if he and Tula have any sort of relationship post the DCnU 52. With Dolphin now being here, it will be interesting to see if writers will have them pursue some sort of romantic relationship with her. This could be yet another potential love-triangle.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Aquaman by Ramona Fradon from History of the DC Universe (1988 hardcover version).
    Fradon started drawing Aquaman during his Adventure Comics run in the early 1950s.

from Adventure Comics #167 (August 1951)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

Aquaman by Ramona Fradon from History of the DC Universe (1988 hardcover version).
    Fradon started drawing Aquaman during his Adventure Comics run in the early 1950s.

from Adventure Comics #167 (August 1951)
    Everytime I see Aquaman with yellow gloves I feel like he is about to go wash a sink full of dishes lol

Incredible Member

So does Mera use magic? Has she ever been on magical team?

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I want Garth to have a greater presence in the Aquaman title as well. I can't remember if he and Tula have any sort of relationship post the DCnU 52. With Dolphin now being here, it will be interesting to see if writers will have them pursue some sort of romantic relationship with her. This could be yet another potential love-triangle.
    I keep waiting for Garth to have any kind of interaction with Tula and Dolphin .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I keep waiting for Garth to have any kind of interaction with Tula and Dolphin .
    Garth playing such a small role in the Aquaman comic has really been a let down. I want him to interact with the other Aqua-members and bring Aqualad along with him. His magical abilities would really be an asset to the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockingjustice View Post
    So does Mera use magic? Has she ever been on magical team?
    She uses magic in the Young Justice tv series and DCYou states she and her sister where trained in magic. I do recall this team of elemental-themed magic heroes she was a part of during DCYou that included Equinox, Swamp Thing and Poison Ivy.