Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

this is just amazing!

and is that water splashing around them?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

That actually looks pretty amazing. I’m getting excited.

As long a it isn't another "evil pretender takes the throne" run I'm very interested in seeing where KSD goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Man, Aquaman sure seems to lose it all a lot .

But bearded? Shirtless? I hope we don't have more Momoa synergy incoming .

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

No tats thankfully.
    The comic book does NOT have to mirror the movie version!
    Arthur is blonde. It's why he got the arse from Atlantis in the first place!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

This brings more to mind the PAD Aquaman to me than it does the movie version. That and the PAD Aquaman was also at a very low and dark place after losing his infant son and Mera having a breakdown and leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    This brings more to mind the PAD Aquaman to me than it does the movie version. That and the PAD Aquaman was also at a very low and dark place after losing his infant son and Mera having a breakdown and leaving.
    I mean, Momoa's Aquaman has always evoked PAD's to a degree, but I feel like this image is more hearkening towards Momoa.

Granted, that look and green pants definitely does look a lot like PAD's Aquaman. He's just missing the hook hand.

Granted, that look and green pants definitely does look a lot like PAD's Aquaman. He's just missing the hook hand.
    Let's not mention that last part . . . who knows if that might remind DC they haven't brought that back yet.

Extraordinary Member

My first knowledge of Aquaman was the Super Friends cartoon in the early 70s. I've been a fan ever since.

Last edited by caj; 09-06-2018 at 09:32 AM.

I wonder who else Kelly plans to bring into her run.

Sidebar: Do you guys think any of Aquaman's most recent and newer villains from any of the previous runs have had real staying power? We've had the reappearance of Scavenger. But then from Johns-Abnett we've gotten the likes of: The Trench, Dead Water, Rath, Atlan, Aquamarines, etc. but do you think any of them have the staying power of say, Manta? Are there any who you feel should be brought back?

I've been thinking about Batman a lot and how his rogues gallery is so iconic and vast and there are so many villains to play with. I feel Arthur's rogues could use a boost.

I'm taking bets on how long it will be before he has a bunch of tattoos. I got less than 2 years.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

Sidebar: Do you guys think any of Aquaman's most recent and newer villains from any of the previous runs have had real staying power? We've had the reappearance of Scavenger. But then from Johns-Abnett we've gotten the likes of: The Trench, Dead Water, Rath, Atlan, Aquamarines, etc. but do you think any of them have the staying power of say, Manta? Are there any who you feel should be brought back?

I've been thinking about Batman a lot and how his rogues gallery is so iconic and vast and there are so many villains to play with. I feel Arthur's rogues could use a boost.
    I think Aquaman suffers with what a lot of characters do in that once a writer is gone the next ones ignore what they created. There are a ton of characters created over the years that just get forgotten. I mean look at things like Kordax, Noble, Lagoon Boy, and all the lost colonies from the 90's series. It seems like the only things that ever really get touched on Manta, Ocean Master, and whatever evil king is sitting on the throne at the time.

Writers need to dig deep into past runs and reuse some of the toys just sitting on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

I think the Trench will probably have staying power, especially since they're going to be in the movie.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Pretty much what I feared.