Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Default Etrigan vs World War Hulk

Post Crisis Etrigan vs 616 WWH
    No BFR
    Who Wins?

Hulk should be capable of a win methinks. He can spam thunderclap to keep distance and blah blah
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

I’m leery on thunderclaps working on someone as physically powerful as Etrigan.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I’m leery on thunderclaps working on someone as physically powerful as Etrigan.
    I'm not suggesting it will KO the guy (although it has KOd Blastaar and bled Red Hulk) but at least it will soften him up.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Blastaar’s not really on the same level, and Red Hulk is Captain Inconsistency (going from jobbing everyone out to getting the snot beat out of him by Wonder Man).

Didn’t Post-Crisis Etrigan punch Superman to the moon or something? He’s pretty up there.

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Blastaar’s not really on the same level, and Red Hulk is Captain Inconsistency (going from jobbing everyone out to getting the snot beat out of him by Wonder Man).

Didn’t Post-Crisis Etrigan punch Superman to the moon or something? He’s pretty up there.
    I don't think it did all that much damage to Clark, but yeah it sent him to the moon.

Still, a calm happy savage Hulk, influenced by Sentry's aura, threw a tree into space. Savage Hulk has tossed Fing Fang Foom to the moon (sounds like a children's book hah) and that guy is a 30 ton magic dragon.

Basically there is no feat Etrigan has in regards physical oomph that Hulk hasn't outperformed iirc.

I get where you are coming from though. Etrigan can probably return from a space toss given time and magic shenanigans. Hulk can't. But I feel like thunderclap plus a sizable strength advantage makes this Hulks fight to lose.

And why you gotta rag on my man Blastaar like that!? :P
    He once fought evenly with Ben Grimm! BEN GRIMM!!
    - big_adventure

I take it all back. Etrigan can BFR Hulk at range with magic portals. He's done so before against that witch kid that occasionally shows up in DC. Karion? I forget his name.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    I take it all back. Etrigan can BFR Hulk at range with magic portals. He's done so before against that witch kid that occasionally shows up in DC. Karion? I forget his name.
    That wasn't pre crisis?

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    That wasn't pre crisis?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    That wasn't pre crisis?
    *shrugs* not certain. I think it's happened more than once but I can't remember the time period.

I'll snoop around and then edit this post if I get an answer.
    - big_adventure

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

There's an enormous difference between picking something up and hurling it through the air to land somewhere, and punching something so that it flies the same distance. Especially when the punched thing isn't just sitting there, it's flying toward oneself at high speed, looking to dish out some hurting of its own.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    There's an enormous difference between picking something up and hurling it through the air to land somewhere, and punching something so that it flies the same distance. Especially when the punched thing isn't just sitting there, it's flying toward oneself at high speed, looking to dish out some hurting of its own.
    True, but I don't think Hulk would have a big problem punching someone to the moon either TBH.

Also, I think Etrigan has vastly fluctuating power depending on how and when he manifests. Like, sometimes he fights Superman, but sometimes he fights Batman.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    True, but I don't think Hulk would have a big problem punching someone to the moon either TBH.

Also, I think Etrigan has vastly fluctuating power depending on how and when he manifests. Like, sometimes he fights Superman, but sometimes he fights Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post

I'm totally cool with the Hulk being capable of punching things to the moon. I'm taking issue with the idea that the Hulk throwing bigger things into space means he 'outperformed' Etrigan's feat. I don't feel it does; whalloping a onrushing, fight-ready character of Superman's power level such that they slam into the moon seems to be in the same area as picking up and pitching Fin Fang Foom to do the same.

As for the fluctuating power level, I am also assuming we're talking about the Etrigan who can fight Superman, not the one who fights Batman as...well, not much point in that. ^_^
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Edit: Why are the forums going nutso? I thought it might be me, but clearly something is up with all of the double posts.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 08-07-2018 at 06:04 AM.
    Why are we here?