Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    I don't think Marvel's completest nature or behavioral patterns will let them not make a third though, even if it takes awhile.
    I don't think Marvel's completest nature, if such a thing actually exists, extends further than the amount of money they project a film will make.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    The similarities between the sales of the two franchises are striking. The key difference, I think, is there was a different direction to take Thor (buddy comedy farce) that isn't really available to Ant Man. Not sure where they can go with Ant Man that raises the potential earnings bar that significantly. I don't see another Ant Man ever being in the works.

It's also significant, of course, that the terrible Thor movie was also by far the highest selling one, so there's that.

Attachment 69184
    The Dark World is the terrible one.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The Dark World is the terrible one.
    That's the "meh" one.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I don't think Marvel's completest nature, if such a thing actually exists, extends further than the amount of money they project a film will make.
    Enh, just saying I wouldn't be surprised if they let 3+ years pass as opposed to two, so people can forget this one enough to not inform their going to the third.; going of off Ragnarok. Def. not saying it's set in stone, but all of there other mains have three.

just make it a fun team up film hopefully all the stuff from the epilogue of part 2 will be resolved pre-movie...

No Stature needed, thanks. Ant Man and Wasp are enough.

make sure to have hank and Janet as significant parts of the plot.

No Scott and Hope marriage.

I think third movie would have to have Eric O'grady as the main villain. Possibly joined by Taskmaster, like in the current comics. With the fall of shield have O'grady be a ex shield agent who finds the tech and commits crimes which leads to everyone believing it is Scott. Have Ghost come back for a bit to help out but nothing major. I wouldn't do anything around Stature, leave that for future movies in the MCU if they ever wanna go that route.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Ant-Man & the Wasp vs. the Agents of Atlas!

Then end up teaming together because of ... AIM lead by the nasty machinations of MODOK!
    I think the team could carry it's own franchise, but I'd love to see the film you proposed! Who do you see on the team? I guess with Disney getting Fox now (?) they can use Namora, so there's no obstacles to bringing in any of the characters, but man that would be a lot to juggle.

Incredible Member

I second that!

Just kidding, it was a double-post.

With Janet being lost in the quantum realm for 30 years it stands to reason that she made a life for herself that could have included people or things and she was made aware of their plans of conquest of the surface. Don't forget she first appeared as a sort of Khan figure a survivalist, Psycho- man could appear or some other despot and now that she has returned what's to say that something now knows how to return with her.
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by keeen View Post
    I think the team could carry it's own franchise, but I'd love to see the film you proposed! Who do you see on the team? I guess with Disney getting Fox now (?) they can use Namora, so there's no obstacles to bringing in any of the characters, but man that would be a lot to juggle.
    I would love to see a full-on Agents of Atlas film as I think they'd do great in the current MCU. My dream was having it set in the 50s but with Woo being in modern times and with a great actor, I'd be okay with a modern intro. Post IW4 could change everything anyway.

Ken Hale is rumored to be a heavy for Coulson in Captain Marvel, true or not, I'd use him. As for the full team ...

- Woo
    - Hale
    - M-11
    - Venus
    - Marvel Boy or whatever they call him now but have him in a support role

Team Ant-Man would be:

- Scotty
    - Hope
    - Ghost
    - Cassie
    - And when all 4 get captured ... have an old-school suit-up moment with Hank/Janet/Foster.

For AIM, I just have AIM bots, maybe reuse Egghead only to reveal him to be MODOK exploding out of him or an AIM bot until MODOK appears.

I'd have MODOK manipulating everyone until they figure it out to take him out.

I just want them to do some really weird ****.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 08-13-2018 at 11:08 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium