Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I don't think a 3ed movie is out of the question they just need to spend way less on it seriously 300 Mill on Ant-Man is just silly.
    The sequel had a $169 Million production budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The sequel had a $169 Million production budget.
    That's the low end other reports say 195 regardless if it's one or the other after marketing it cost 300 at least.
    https://screenrant.com/ant-man-wasp-...wide-domestic/

For all of the complaints about it performing abnormally and costing too much it was leading the worldwide box office without even opening in all countries and made a 100m profit.
    Last edited by jump; 08-08-2018 at 04:29 AM.
    Snowflakes melt in flame wars.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    For all of the complaints about it performing abnormally and costing too much it was leading the worldwide box office without even opening in all countries and made a 100m profit.
    I don't think it's done 100 mill profit yet probably more like 50 60 Mill.

Quote Originally Posted by choptop View Post
    I don't think it's done 100 mill profit yet probably more like 50 60 Mill.
    I've seen a few reports saying it's done around 100m.

Ant-Man & the Wasp vs. the Agents of Atlas!

Then end up teaming together because of ... AIM lead by the nasty machinations of MODOK!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

I dunno. I suppose if some of their other properties unexpectedly tank they might come back to the Ant Man well, but for now it just seems like it's not making enough money to bother with. It's not that it's losing money, it's that it seems like they have so many more options that will likely make more money.

Capture.jpg

They made 3 Thor movies.

1 great, 1 meh, 1 terrible.

They can make another Ant-Man and probably will. Especially if he's a Big Deal in IW4.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    They made 3 Thor movies.

1 great, 1 meh, 1 terrible.

They can make another Ant-Man and probably will. Especially if he's a Big Deal in IW4.
    The similarities between the sales of the two franchises are striking. The key difference, I think, is there was a different direction to take Thor (buddy comedy farce) that isn't really available to Ant Man. Not sure where they can go with Ant Man that raises the potential earnings bar that significantly. I don't see another Ant Man ever being in the works.

It's also significant, of course, that the terrible Thor movie was also by far the highest selling one, so there's that.

Capture.jpg
    Last edited by AJBopp; 08-09-2018 at 12:29 PM.

Mighty Member

Rather than getting a new director I'd rather see the original intended director Edgar Wright come back.
    didn't Wright leave because Marvel wanted complete control over post-production? they'll probably want that for the third film as well- and if Wright left the first one over that issue I can't imagine he's coming back for a third.

that being said, if he did come back he'd probably want control over post-production instead of Marvel. it'll never happen. but if it did I would watch it.

I hope so.

I hope so.

I don't think Marvel's completest nature or behavioral patterns will let them not make a third though, even if it takes awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    didn't Wright leave because Marvel wanted complete control over post-production? they'll probably want that for the third film as well- and if Wright left the first one over that issue I can't imagine he's coming back for a third.

that being said, if he did come back he'd probably want control over post-production instead of Marvel. it'll never happen. but if it did I would watch it.
    Marvel has loosen up abit since then with Gunn, Takiti and Coolger being given alot more freedom and the studios side moving away from Marvel itself.

Edgar Wright has never been a fan of post production, I was genuinely surprised to find he doesn't edit his own films which is so odd given he does so many quick cuts.

But yeah, he's not gonna come back.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post

Marvel has loosen up abit since then with Gunn, Takiti and Coolger being given alot more freedom and the studios side moving away from Marvel itself.

Edgar Wright has never been a fan of post production, I was genuinely surprised to find he doesn't edit his own films which is so odd given he does so many quick cuts.

But yeah, he's not gonna come back.