Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

Default General X-Books story/character questions

I hope you all think this is a good idea for a thread.

I've been going through various threads in the X-Books sections, and seeing questions from members that others may be able to answer. stuff like:

"Is Cyclops dead?" "Isn't Eyeboy dead?" "When did Jubilee become a vampire?" "When did Jubilee get her powers back?" "Whatever happened to.....?"

I thought it might be beneficial to have a "catch all" thread for members to come here and ask questions about certain characters or specific events in books, or even questions about stories. Maybe they can use this thread to find the answers.
    Last edited by CellarDweller; 08-12-2018 at 06:22 PM.

I'll start with the first question!

I'm trying to find out what book and issue a certain story to place in. It happened back in the original Generation X time frame. IIRC, Boomer had started going by Meltdown as well.

It was some sort of massive Xavier Institute reunion, all the members together celebrating something. Two events I remember were a light show put on by Meltdown, Jubilee, Cannonball & Sunspot, and at the end, all the mutants grabbed hands and had a sort of "shared psychic experience" to remind themselves about why they are X-men.

Does this ring any bells for anyone?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

This is a smart idea.

To answer the questions just for future reference:

Yes.

No? Yes? Maybe.

2011 or thereabouts.

Gen X v2, 2017.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Shaw was with the X-men and a member of Generation Hope. When did he get his memories back and go evil again? Has his time with the X-men been acknowledged since?

Bumping up this thread with a question I was wondering about today.

Is anything happening with Amanda Sefton/Daytripper lately? I've been away from the X-books for a while, but I never see her name mentioned anywhere. Is she active at all?

I heard that for some time she was the one ruling Limbo, but now that Illyana is back, I'm assuming that she's stepped down, or been forced out.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post

Is anything happening with Amanda Sefton/Daytripper lately? I've been away from the X-books for a while, but I never see her name mentioned anywhere. Is she active at all?

I heard that for some time she was the one ruling Limbo, but now that Illyana is back, I'm assuming that she's stepped down, or been forced out.
    I believe Amanda Sefton last appeared in Chris Claremont's Nightcrawler series. I don't think she has showed up since then.

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post

Belasco cast her out of Limbo in the Quest for Magik storyline from New X-Men. Then after she recovered from her coma she helped Surge and Hellion enter Limbo to save a bunch of X-Men who were imprisioned there by him. With their help, Belasco was then defeated by Magik 2.0/Darchylde (a creation made by Belasco himself collecting the remaining ~~energies? of Illyana around Limbo, but lacking her soul)

After that she appeared in CC's Nightcrawler solo I think, but I haven't read that yet

Thanks for the answers! I appreciate it!

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    After that she appeared in CC's Nightcrawler solo I think, but I haven't read that yet
    Yeah... Jimaine was Kurt's teammate during that solo, and they kind of took up their relationship. At the end, though, she sacrified herself closing a dimensional gate or something.