Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default Marvel Announces 'Superior Spider-Man'

The Superior Spider-Man is swinging back into action from Marvel Comics this December.

Marvel has revealed that Doctor Otto Octavius will return to his former persona in a new Superior Spider-Man series. The series is written by Christos Gage with art by Mike Hawthorne.

Source: https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/09...ike-hawthorne/
    Last edited by Sonia; 09-07-2018 at 08:50 AM.
    Out of all the Robins, Jason Todd is my favourite

BANNED

Otto Octavius leaves the moniker of Doctor Octopus behind and once again becomes THE SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN! If you think you’ve already read the most intense and surprisingly heartbreaking Superior Spider-Man story, prepare to be wrong. Otto is going to prove to the world that he’s the most effective and (to him at least) the best super hero in the world. But when a villain that overpowers him by so much shows up in San Francisco, there’s no way Ock can win, right? Can you see Otto smirking from where you’re reading this?

Looks like we were right about Gage writing an Otto ongoing, very excited to see where this goes.

I guess Marvel figured "Superior Spider-Man" would sell better then "Superior Octopus," although I'm curious how this will sell compared to other Spider-Titles, especially when the book isn't the main Spider-Man comic anymore.

Personally I'm not really all that interested in this. I'm kind of done with them trying to push Ock as any kind of hero, and I'm almost at my peak with Doc Ock at this point.

Ah well, I'm just counting away until they inevitably make him Dr. Octopus again (because it's going to happen) .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess Marvel figured "Superior Spider-Man" would sell better then "Superior Octopus," although I'm curious how this will sell compared to other Spider-Titles, especially when the book isn't the main Spider-Man comic anymore.

Personally I'm not really all that interested in this. I'm kind of done with them trying to push Ock as any kind of hero, and I'm almost at my peak with Doc Ock at this point.

Ah well, I'm just counting away until they inevitably make him Dr. Octopus again (because it's going to happen) .
    Yea just like with Magneto and Doom it’s inevitable but now that he’s not interfering with Peter, I can enjoy the ride while it lasts (my money’s on him reverting to Doc Ock when the book concludes as seems to be the tradition these days).

BANNED

Anna-Maria has been in limbo for ages now, and she's a fairly popular character that you don't want to see wasted just because there's no room for her in Peter's world what with MJ being back in it acting as the confidant.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Anna-Maria has been in limbo for ages now, and she's a fairly popular character that you don't want to see wasted just because there's no room for her in Peter's world what with MJ being back in it acting as the confidant.
    Anna Maria deserves better then Doc Ock .

It's obvious she and the Horizon gang will be supporting cast in this. ASM #800 set it up.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

YEEEEESSSS!! So pumped!

And I'm glad he's going by Superior Spider-Man. "Superior Octopus" just doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's obvious she and the Horizon gang will be supporting cast in this. ASM #800 set it up.
    I wouldn't be surprised. I expect Gage will be following up on a lot from Slott's run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    YEEEEESSSS!! So pumped!

And I'm glad he's going by Superior Spider-Man. "Superior Octopus" just doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well.
    Well, of course not, it's not alliterative .

Although I think it's more honest as a title .

I always felt Gage wrote a much more sympathetic Otto than Slott did during the Superior era, so I'll check this out. And since it's running concurrently with TAS-M I can enjoy both.

You know, it’s kinda funny at this point, we’c Gotten an announcement for Riri’s new solo, Jessica Jones has gotten her new solo and now SpOck is back yet we still haven’t gotten an announcement for Miles despite him being on the Fresh Start promo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know, it’s kinda funny at this point, we’c Gotten an announcement for Riri’s new solo, Jessica Jones has gotten her new solo and now SpOck is back yet we still haven’t gotten an announcement for Miles despite him being on the Fresh Start promo.
    They're probably waiting for the movie.

A Green Unpleasant Man Rob London's Avatar

Well, I like that it's an ongoing, but I am gonna miss that sweet Superior Octopus costume.

Yay, I'll be buying this series for sure.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."