Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Minerboh View Post
    Even Amazing? It just got relaunched and this appears to be stepping away from this event.
    Nope, Amazing and Venom will remain as they are since they got relaunched for Fresh Start. I am interested to know how many Spider series will be going on post-Spider-Geddon. The ones I can assume for sure are those two, Spectacular, Spider-Man/Deadpool, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Superior Octopus (if it becomes a full series), and whatever the Miles Morales book is.

The start of ANAD Marvel had 11 Spider books so I wouldn't be surprised if we get a couple more, which I would be very interested to see what they could be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Nope, Amazing and Venom will remain as they are since they got relaunched for Fresh Start. I am interested to know how many Spider series will be going on post-Spider-Geddon. The ones I can assume for sure are those two, Spectacular, Spider-Man/Deadpool, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Superior Octopus (if it becomes a full series), and whatever the Miles Morales book is.

The start of ANAD Marvel had 11 Spider books so I wouldn't be surprised if we get a couple more, which I would be very interested to see what they could be.
    Thanks for the reply!
    I sure hope that they will give Scarlet another chance.

Aside from a couple of issues, I did not enjoy his writing and handling of Spider-Man at all, so I guess I am in the minority when I say that I am glad to see that someone else will finally get a shot at writing Spectacular.

As for what Chip should do in the future, Marvel might as well just let him make Two-In-One a new volume of Marvel Team-Up starring Spider-Man, because that's basically what his run on Spectacular looked and felt like; silly, over the top stories with guest stars seemingly every issue, often taking the spotlight away from Spider-Man in his own book.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post

SMDP is incompatible with current continuity and is still set before the last arcs of Slott and Duggan's runs on their solos. It can't last much longer, considering Wade's book ended with a mindwipe, meaning he no longer knows Peter.

So yeah, the new spider line should be:

Amazing Spider-Man
    Spider-Man
    Spectacular Spider-Man
    Venom
    Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider

Probably with a few other additions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Aside from a couple of issues, I did not enjoy his writing and handling of Spider-Man at all, so I guess I am in the minority when I say that I am glad to see that someone else will finally get a shot at writing Spectacular.
    You pretty much summed up my take on his run. It was at best "ok" to me. The 2 biggest plot points he brought were the "sister" and the Jonah reveal and honestly I'm not sure what to make of either of those elements. Jonah is now a different form of comic relief and the "sister" is basically going to disappear until someone decides to bring her out the mothballs in 5 or so years. I really have no attachment to the sister character at all.

Chip's writing a Submariner one-shot.
    https://www.newsarama.com/41545-marv...going-yet.html
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Here's hoping that he moves on to characters he like more.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny Mutie View Post
    Aside from a couple of issues, I did not enjoy his writing and handling of Spider-Man at all, so I guess I am in the minority when I say that I am glad to see that someone else will finally get a shot at writing Spectacular
    Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    You pretty much summed up my take on his run. It was at best "ok" to me. The 2 biggest plot points he brought were the "sister" and the Jonah reveal and honestly I'm not sure what to make of either of those elements. Jonah is now a different form of comic relief and the "sister" is basically going to disappear until someone decides to bring her out the mothballs in 5 or so years. I really have no attachment to the sister character at all.
    Glad to see I am not the only one who feels this way. I understand and can see how some really enjoyed the series, however, it just wasn’t my cup of tea. However, I really am enjoying his Marvel 2 in 1.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

I think the biggest problem is that the main arc lasted way too long, which meant the series was out of sync with ASM for a good chunk of the time, and that the good parts of his run (which could be self-contained stories if done a little differently, like the trips to the past and alternate present) were tied inexorably to the weaker first issues.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I think the biggest problem is that the main arc lasted way too long, which meant the series was out of sync with ASM for a good chunk of the time, and that the good parts of his run (which could be self-contained stories if done a little differently, like the trips to the past and alternate present) were tied inexorably to the weaker first issues.
    Totally agreed. One only needs to look at the current Sandman issue to see how much better his stories are when more self-contained. Even the excellent JJJ issue (#6) works so well not just because of the reveal but because it is relatively unencumbered from the rest of the ongoing longer narrative at the time.

Yeah, Spec's gone from being set before Go Down Swinging, to being after that but before Spencer's run. It's always been playing catch up.

Also the first 5 issues being retconned to take place after the events of Secret Empire instead of before like they were written doesn't help with the confusion.

I feel like what makes the most sense is Spectacular #1-6, 297-307 taking place in-between Threat Level Red Part 2 & 3, with #308-310 and Spidergeddon taking place after Go Down Swinging and before Spencer's Amazing Spider-Man.

Especially when that means Sam Wilson was shown in the wrong uniform (he should've been Falcon and not Captain America).

Ant-Man's also there when he should be in space, Flash shows up Venom-less when he should've been Anti-Venom, and SHIELD is still a thing even though they're not by Issue 6.

Outside of those mistakes, you can see how it would take place in-between 795 and 796. Namely because Peter's on his own and not with Mockingbird anymore, and ignoring the Osborn/Carnage sections, there isn't a specific amount of time in which the two parts take place, while all of Spectacular seems to be happening right after each other up to 307, so it makes the most sense.

There was an ASM annual that fits in that same gap as well.