Default “With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility.” Uncle Ben (Parker) Appreciation

I was saddened to see this didnt exist, I’ve missed him alot recently for some reason and cant wait to see him in this Week’s Spidergeddon

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    ...cant wait to see him in this Week’s Spidergeddon
    I also can't wait to see Uncle Ben and Peter as a Spider Team in the upcoming event. I wonder how things will change for that Peter with Uncle Ben around to help out with crimefighting and everyday life (like bills)?
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I also can't wait to see Uncle Ben and Peter as a Spider Team in the upcoming event. I wonder how things will change for that Peter with Uncle Ben around to help out with crimefighting and everyday life (like bills)?
    Part of me hopes we get Ben brought over to 616, because (and I hope I’m wrong) I feel like his Peter wont survive the event

Part of me hopes we get Ben brought over to 616, because (and I hope I’m wrong) I feel like his Peter wont survive the event
    I hope you are wrong. One Peter at least deserves a happy life (assuming he has one with Uncle Spider-Ben by his side) without being crushed by overwhelming guilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I hope you are wrong. One Peter at least deserves a happy life (assuming he has one with Uncle Spider-Ben by his side) without being crushed by overwhelming guilt.
    I hope so too, but at the same time I just really want an alternate Ben in 616 just to see how that would affect Characters there- Like Aunt May

Astonishing Member

I’m sorry, but that’s a terrible idea. Peter’s whole reason for fighting crime is his Uncle Ben’s death. Him being alive in the 616 would be an insult to Lee and Ditko’s origin story and all the “power and responsibility” that Peter learned from that tragedy. What’s next, Batman’s parents coming back? No, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I’m sorry, but that’s a terrible idea. Peter’s whole reason for fighting crime is his Uncle Ben’s death. Him being alive in the 616 would be an insult to Lee and Ditko’s origin story and all the “power and responsibility” that Peter learned from that tragedy. What’s next, Batman’s parents coming back? No, thanks.
    Yeah...and also, Uncle Ben was the one Marvel character who seemed to stay dead right from the beginning. Until now.

I hope so too, but at the same time I just really want an alternate Ben in 616 just to see how that would affect Characters there- Like Aunt May
    There is another thread on this board that asks the question if there is a storyline that shouldn't be told in a Spidey book, no offense, but I think you just stumbled upon the answer.
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-09-2018 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    .... Yeah... about Batman’s parents... Flashpoint Thomas Wayne is actually in Main DCU thanks to Tom King

Astonishing Member

.... Yeah... about Batman’s parents... Flashpoint Thomas Wayne is actually in Main DCU thanks to Tom King
    I don't read current Batman, so I can't comment. But that sounds like a bad plot twist if true. I wasn't even in favor of Jason Todd coming back, to be honest. I think comic book resurrections should be rare, warranted and carefully handled. Unfortunately, they're all too common, unnecessary, poorly handled and often an insult to the story where the character originally died.

Uncle Ben alive should be a HUGE no-no.

BANNED

I feel it'd be a redundant plot point because we got a Spider-Powered Ben in the last event, only he migrated over to "MC2" and took "MC2 Peter"'s spot in the family to fill the void left by his death.

I was saddened to see this didnt exist, I’ve missed him alot recently for some reason and cant wait to see him in this Week’s Spidergeddon
    Indeed, but in the comics Uncle Ben never sayd that ("With great power comes great responsibility").