Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    According to Zdarsky, TWO-IN-ONE is going to undergo a retooling and that he's working on the first issue now.
    That does sound really interesting, and I'm honestly really glad, because Marvel Two-In-One has so much great potential than just being tied to the Fantastic Four.

And I feel like he didn't leave Spectacular just to only work on Two-In-One, I feel like there's probably a new exciting series he's gonna write at the same time, and I'm intrigued to find out what that is.

I wasn’t the biggest fan of his Spectacular run, however I have LOVED his TWO-IN-ONE and look forward to him continuing on that book.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Kinda expected this when his name was not attached to the Oct solicits but still bummed to get the confirm. He really is a good fit for Spidey and it felt like he was just getting warmed up....

.....and why doesn't Zdarsky just go ahead and morph the Marvel Two-In-One title into a new volume of Marvel Team-Up now that the FF are back?

I'm almost half-expecting he's going to still be on a relaunched version of Spectacular, he's just not spoiling that it's going to be relaunched...but I guess that's kind of silly .

Was really digging this right up until the time travel part which seemed to go on way too long. I like the JJJ reveal, which leaves open some great opportunities for other writers. Hoping the next team can bring it up just a notch so I can look forward to this as much as ASM.

This sucks. Probably will drop Spectacular now.

- Jason G. Carr

Terrible news, his book was the best ongoing current Spidey comic IMHO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

What a Revoltin’ Development...

This has been my favorite book since CZ’s relaunch and I’m really sad to see him dip out so soon, especially since I felt like He and Nick Spencer were the perfect tag-team for Spidey. Hopefully there’s more Spidey down the line for CZ!
    Last edited by WinterSoldier76; 09-02-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Astonishing Member

I think Simone Bianchi could be a great artist to illustrate Spectacular Spider-Man if it gets relaunched.It would be a good way to give this comic book a diferent art style that is happening in Amazing Spider-Man.

Pretty sad news, I didn't expect him to leave so soon. Despite a rough start I was enjoying a lot his latest work, and the development of characters like JJJ and Teresa. He portrayed a competent, heroic and funny Spidey, too. Chip managed to give the book an identity and was a great complement to ASM.
    I'm concerned that we'll see the same scenario than with other Spider-books: RYV quality dropped significantly when Conway and Stegman left, and the same thing happened with Spider-man/Deadpool when Kelly and McGuinness finished their run.
    Marvel's publishing too many Spider-books with average quality creative teams. Sean Ryan and Juan Frigeri are good professionals afaik, but they're's not the most exciting or promising team tbh.

I wouldn't worry. January will, it seems, see a linewide relaunch for the spider line after Spider-Geddon. The X line seems to be relaunching at around the same time. So it's a mass shuffle of the decks. I won't be surprised if Ryan is only on Spec for the Geddon tie-in.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

As happy as my wallet is to drop two double-shipped books (this and Old Man Logan), super sad to see him go. Looking forward to his next project.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I wouldn't worry. January will, it seems, see a linewide relaunch for the spider line after Spider-Geddon. The X line seems to be relaunching at around the same time. So it's a mass shuffle of the decks. I won't be surprised if Ryan is only on Spec for the Geddon tie-in.
    Yes, that seems very likely.

My guess for D'Zarsky's actual replacement is Gerry Duggan, which would be excellent.

Duggan says he has stuff lined up past Infinity Wars' conclusion, and that Cebluski has hooked him up with a dream gig.

And if there's one character at Marvel that every writer has on their bucket list, it's Spidey.

I expect there'll be a couple of fill-in issues before he takes over (with a new #1, of course) but I'll be very surprised if it isn't him.

As much as I hate to lose D'Zarsky, if he has to go, Duggan is a replacement that would have me equally, if not more, excited for Spectacular.

All during his DP run, I thought Duggan would be an ideal fit for Spidey. And I know he'll be as good bouncing off what Spencer is doing as D'Zarsky would have been.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Even Amazing? It just got relaunched and this appears to be stepping away from this event.