View Poll Results: Has any monarchy at Marvel been made better by being made into a democracy?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 33.33%
  • No

19 57.58%
  • Maybe

3 9.09%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Even advanced civilisations such as the Shi ar have an emperor. You'd have thought a race as advanced as them would have a democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Even advanced civilisations such as the Shi ar have an emperor. You'd have thought a race as advanced as them would have a democracy.
    Or Wakanda (which Ta-Nehisi Coates dealt with in his Black Panther run, to...mixed reception).

Amazing Member

I voted for yes by accident, but I think fictional monarchies should be kept intact. It’s WAY more entertaining that way and because they’re not necessarily subjected to the real life shortcomings the way that real life monarchies are.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Funny thing is I think I voted "No" by accident due to the title of the thread and the poll question being at odds. I prefer the monarchies to remain and from the looks of things in Fantastic Four, spoilers:
    the people of Latveria want their king back.
    end of spoilers

Boisterously Confused

It depends on the associated character. If being "The King Of..." is a key part of it, then the monarchy needs to stay.

Black Bolt and Black Panther are the standouts on this one for me. Latveria (IMO) is a special case. Originally, Doom was the man behind the throne, and is more the dictator than monarch, even he doesn't usually run around calling himself "King", but other titles like "Master."

Atlantis? Hard to say. Sub-Mariner is gone as much as he's there.