Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default What if Jason didn't die?

What do you guys imagine would have become of his life? Would he have led the Geoff Johns era of Teen Titans? Would he have adopted a new name eventually? Do you think he and Bruce would have stayed on good terms? So many possibilities. Has this particular concept been explored in the comics yet?

Might of been a good story in him turning on Bruce.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Jason Todd? He is alive.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

His transition to be Red Hood will be based on how many times he almost died and/or how many people have died because of the Joker, and Tim won't be a Robin until after he left, which can range between when Jason almost died in Ethiopia to however many years later.

Amazing Member

Im more curious how Batman #429 would have played out.. .same issue only with Jason in hospital... or whatever... and eventually the revenge on Joker would have been one hell of an issue.... especially if Jason was involved.

I doubt that Red Hood would be a thing for him and we probably wouldn't have gotten Tim Drake.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I doubt that Red Hood would be a thing for him and we probably wouldn't have gotten Tim Drake.
    Now THIS would have been nice.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevinbruns View Post
    Im more curious how Batman #429 would have played out.. .same issue only with Jason in hospital... or whatever... and eventually the revenge on Joker would have been one hell of an issue.... especially if Jason was involved.
    The revenge/ Justice most likely will have wrapped up by the time Jason got out of Hospital. Bruce won't waste a second.

Jason won't be a part of it [if Bruce has any say it ] Bruce will be extra careful, watchful and overbearingly protective once Jason is out of the hospital. It will take time before Bruce lets him out on the field.

Extraordinary Member

If I look how fast the writers had to introduce a new Robin, I think Jason would have been back as Robin pretty soon and Tim would have been not created. What else would have happend would have very likely dependent on how successful Jason would have been as Robin.