Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What if Jason didn't die?

What do you guys imagine would have become of his life? Would he have led the Geoff Johns era of Teen Titans? Would he have adopted a new name eventually? Do you think he and Bruce would have stayed on good terms? So many possibilities. Has this particular concept been explored in the comics yet?

Might of been a good story in him turning on Bruce.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Jason Todd? He is alive.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

His transition to be Red Hood will be based on how many times he almost died and/or how many people have died because of the Joker, and Tim won't be a Robin until after he left, which can range between when Jason almost died in Ethiopia to however many years later.

Amazing Member

Im more curious how Batman #429 would have played out.. .same issue only with Jason in hospital... or whatever... and eventually the revenge on Joker would have been one hell of an issue.... especially if Jason was involved.

I doubt that Red Hood would be a thing for him and we probably wouldn't have gotten Tim Drake.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I doubt that Red Hood would be a thing for him and we probably wouldn't have gotten Tim Drake.
    Now THIS would have been nice.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevinbruns View Post
    Im more curious how Batman #429 would have played out.. .same issue only with Jason in hospital... or whatever... and eventually the revenge on Joker would have been one hell of an issue.... especially if Jason was involved.
    The revenge/ Justice most likely will have wrapped up by the time Jason got out of Hospital. Bruce won't waste a second.

Jason won't be a part of it [if Bruce has any say it ] Bruce will be extra careful, watchful and overbearingly protective once Jason is out of the hospital. It will take time before Bruce lets him out on the field.

Extraordinary Member

If I look how fast the writers had to introduce a new Robin, I think Jason would have been back as Robin pretty soon and Tim would have been not created. What else would have happend would have very likely dependent on how successful Jason would have been as Robin.

Astonishing Member

Exactly right, Tim would not have been created...many other characters may not have been created too. Would we have Stephanie? I don't know.

If Jason had gotten a new Robin costume and a new attitude (near death does that for people), then he would have been a new character.

He probably would never have become Red Hood. We would probably have only 3 Robins (including Damian).

Ironically, Jason shouldn't have died...according to the story that I heard. Also ironically, Barbara shouldn't have been paralyzed (because the author didn't think superheroes could be crippled and the story was not to be cannon - according to what I heard); we then would not have 3 Batgirls and Bat-Girl.

Strange how small mistakes can compound and take on a life of their own, isn't it?

Tim Drake was introduced less than a year later so he would not have been Created and maybe Anarchy too because he was originally planned to be Robin. Stephanie Brown would be a completely different character. If Jason had a significant upgrade in popularity he would have gotten a series and if not then Jason will be retired and Zero Hour would have retuned Dick Grayson to Robin at 18 instead of Nightwing. Nightwing would have been a Identity Known for the NTT and never applying to the Bat Books. Damian or any other Robin doesn’t get created as Dick would have finally received and updated costume. Barbara Gordon does become Oracle but DickBabs doesn’t become a thing

Extraordinary Member

I'm not sure if Steph would be that different, I think most of her stories would have also worked with Jason as Robin.

DickBabs is mostly a thing due to the DCAU, it doesn't have anything to do with Jason or Tim beeing Robin.

And interstin g question would how Damian would be like, since Jason would have been very likely still edgier than Tim, so Damian could have had a different personality to be more different from Jason.

Did the telephone poll really kill Jason Todd or was DC planning on getting rid of him anyway. Maybe not dying but finding some other way of getting him out of the Bat books.

Originally posted by Osiris-Rex:
    Did the telephone poll really kill Jason Todd or was DC planning on getting rid of him anyway. Maybe not dying but finding some other way of getting him out of the Bat books.
    It was the telephone poll. In fact the Bat Office was surprised by how many wanted Tim dead. There was a few pages of drawn art ready to go to print in case the poll was for Jason to live. The page finds Batman carrying Jason's body from the explosion with him realizing Jason is alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaled View Post
    Originally posted by Osiris-Rex:

It was the telephone poll. In fact the Bat Office was surprised by how many wanted Tim dead. There was a few pages of drawn art ready to go to print in case the poll was for Jason to live. The page finds Batman carrying Jason's body from the explosion with him realizing Jason is alive.
    I know that is the official reason. I was just speculating on how long would Jason Todd have lasted if he had won the telephone poll. Was he on the way out anyway? That DC bothered to even run a poll indicates
    they has lost faith in the character. As far as I know, there has never been an official poll asking if Tim Drake should be killed off.