View Poll Results: Ruby Rose as the CW's Kate Kane

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Love it: Perfect casting!

22 32.84%
  • Like it: not my first choice, but excited for it!

9 13.43%
  • Fine with it: going to be optimistic here.

12 17.91%
  • Meh with it: this choice does nothing to or for me

9 13.43%
  • Unenthused: not liking how this is shaping up

4 5.97%
  • Dislike it: there were so many better options!

4 5.97%
  • Hate it: she is wrong in so many ways!

2 2.99%
  • Zero: this news changes absolutely nothing for me

5 7.46%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

It's a CW show, so acting is pretty irrelevant (and this coming from someone who became a fan of Flash from watching his tv show). But with this casting, I mean, have you guys SEEN her? This made me excited to watch lol Ruby Rose in a tight Bat costume? Sign me up.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Also, I found this little gem on twitter....which just proves once again that social media is not the pulse to follow for things like this:

C05105C9-9479-4783-BB5C-C61514C1FA6A.jpg
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Feh. Says you.

(And yes, about 98% of the Internet, but whatever. You can all be wrong. )

Are we reading the same tweets?
    And I don't see why they would have to be concerned about "rocking the boat"; none of them are affiliated with the CW at all and have no plans to be. And they could still express disagreement without being unprofessional.

(General side note, but I don't like this kind of refusal to take people at their word when they support something, as if they just have to be doing so with ulterior motives. It's cynical and bizarre.)
    On your side note: I rarely if ever see someone apply this refusal of belief and assigning of motives to a person they agree with. It's pretty much only when someone disagrees that they feel the need to discredit direct quotes and implement imaginary backstories. It's super transparent but it's become a go to move for some.

Writer At Comic Watch Dylan Davison's Avatar

Am I the only person who likes her acting? Haha.

I think this is perfect casting and makes me even more excited for the cross over and show!
    Pulls:
    Coffin: La Muerta, Lady Death, Hellwitch. Valiant: Shadowman. DC: Poison Ivy.
    Check Out My Comic Reviews And More At Comic Watch!

Amazing Member

Only watched one thing Ruby Rose was in and that was Orange In the New Black. And imo she was actively bad in that, lol. So my excitement for this show went down for a little bit - however for all the CW shows, so far they've been good with casting and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and wait to see her in action for the crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Power Torch View Post
    Am I the only person who likes her acting? Haha.

I think this is perfect casting and makes me even more excited for the cross over and show!
    I don't think she's ever going to win an Oscar or Emmy, but I also don't have a problem with her acting. She seems to have loosened up since OitNB, but even there she had some good stuff.

There are definitely others I'd prefer (such as Ashley Platz, whose audition was really good), but I don't mind her.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

It's the CW, so acting chops aren't really needed.

Doesn't look the part but I'm sure it's going to be "Kate Kane" in name only. I would love to someday see an adaptation of ELEGY done (not on the CW).
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 08-08-2018 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    It's the CW, so acting chops aren't really needed.
    Chops? Perhaps not.

But surely even some vague hint of competency would be nice?
    "The rules of regeneration are known!"

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it,
    lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but never ever tell me the rules!!"

Ummm, this is not Masterpiece Theater. But I would say that I've not seen too many main characters who were worthless in these shows. At the very least, you can tell that most of the actors enjoy and are 'into' their shows and characters.

Its like everything else, maybe. People got to eat, so someone has to work the CW shows. Only some actors get to be in more worthy movies or roles. Hate the status quo thing.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Chops? Perhaps not.

It'd be really nice.

I never understood why the CW has to be so bad. Good writing and acting can overcome any budget issues, but they put no effort in either.

Quote Originally Posted by Vworp Vworp View Post
    Chops? Perhaps not.

This hyperbole is ridiculous.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Incredible Member

I have never heard about Ruby Rose in my life until this week, so I can't say anything about her. However, all the comments about her acting skills that I have seen so far say that she is a very bad actress. But I'm indifferent to Batwoman so I don't know what to say. If all that point of the next crossover is only to introduce her, well, that will be dissapointing after Crisis on Earth-X.

She’s in the new Jason Statham movie The Meg. I saw it tonight and I would say the acting is about at the level of a CW show, and it featured a lot of action (of course). She did perfectly fine. I see no reason she could not do perfectly fine in a Batwoman series.

From what I've seen of her acting she's great for the role.

I liked her in OITNB, plus she's physically capable for combat scenes.

Double post