Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

If WB does not keep Cavill I wish the worst for the studio. He never got a great script and they wasted his shot at Superman. A sequel for MOS would have been great now it's sour grapes for me. Bleh.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    If WB does not keep Cavill I wish the worst for the studio. He never got a great script and they wasted his shot at Superman. A sequel for MOS would have been great now it's sour grapes for me. Bleh.
    They are keeping him, Cavill's manager tweeted earlier confirming the story wasn't true

Also WB commented saying their relationship with Cavill is still intact.

WB wanting to make a Supergirl movie most likely without Cavill being involved and also deciding not to feature a Superman cameo in Shazam clearly got misconstrued as "Cavill is being CUT from DC films because Man of Steel SUCKED and Justice League SUCKED and MOUSTACHES."

Cavill is still around. Affleck is still around.

Aquaman this November! Shazam in April!!

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    They are keeping him, Cavill's manager tweeted earlier confirming the story wasn't true

Also WB commented saying their relationship with Cavill is still intact.

WB wanting to make a Supergirl movie most likely without Cavill being involved and also deciding not to feature a Superman cameo in Shazam clearly got misconstrued as "Cavill is being CUT from DC films because Man of Steel SUCKED and Justice League SUCKED and MOUSTACHES."

Cavill is still around. Affleck is still around.

Aquaman this November! Shazam in April!!
    THR is older than Superman it's not some internet blogger you can take what they say to the bank.

As for the WB their statement was the definition of a non statement it said their relationship with Cavill is great and they respect him they never said he was continuing as Superman all they said no plans were made about future Superman films well given MOS 2 is in limbo that means nothing.

As for Cavill's Manager WB probably asked to help keep the news quite until at least after Aquaman's release. WB makes more than DC movies even if Cavill is out as Superman which would be a shame he deserves another film Cavill and reps wouldn't want to alienate WB and would play ball even hoping if response to the rumor is negative enough he gets to stay as Superman.

As excited as I am for Aquman, Shazam, and WW2. I sincerely hope WB just stops making DC movies after those releases. Between the WB execs and Didio, DC's brand is becoming a dumpster fire.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    As excited as I am for Aquman, Shazam, and WW2. I sincerely hope WB just stops making DC movies after those releases. Between the WB execs and Didio, DC's brand is becoming a dumpster fire.
    Honestly. The DCEU tainted the brand badly and Didio just likes to add fuel to the fire.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    THR is older than Superman it's not some internet blogger you can take what they say to the bank.
    So is the National Enquirer, neither are known for prestigious airtight journalism

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

As for the WB their statement was the definition of a non statement it said their relationship with Cavill is great and they respect him they never said he was continuing as Superman all they said no plans were made about future Superman films well given MOS 2 is in limbo that means nothing.

As for Cavill's Manager WB probably asked to help keep the news quite until at least after Aquaman's release. WB makes more than DC movies even if Cavill is out as Superman which would be a shame he deserves another film Cavill and reps wouldn't want to alienate WB and would play ball even hoping if response to the rumor is negative enough he gets to stay as Superman.
    THR may be old but it's not the New York Times. All you have to do is look at their track record of DC stories from the past year.

And either way that's beside the point. We have a literal confirmed denial from both sides and now everyone's trying to grasp on as if they actually want Cavill to not be Superman. I thought you guys would be pleased?

Where did you pull that info from? I'm just stunned that we have actual confirmed details about what happened and instead people just prefer to make up a big story about what's going on as if it makes any sense. Who even cares? It's not like Cavill is starring in any Superman movies anytime soon. Both the haters and the fans can be happy

Cavill is still Superman (fact) however there will most likely not be any future Superman movies for the time being (fact) . Idk why we have to mention anything else
    Last edited by Elmo; 09-14-2018 at 07:12 AM.

Unfortunately, I'm not really sure there's going to be a Cyborg movie

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm not really sure there's going to be a Cyborg movie
    I wasn’t convinced they were ever gonna make a Cyborg movie back when it was originally announced.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I wasn’t convinced they were ever gonna make a Cyborg movie back when it was originally announced.
    Yeah same here.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Announcing a Cyborg movie seemed like a formality since they didn't want the PR headache of announcing movies for all of the Justice League members except for the black guy. Think about it.

Anyway:

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    The only “announced” movies that still seem to be going forward are those that were already greenlit before the financial disappointment that was Justice League. If Aquaman filming wasn’t already underway it’s doubtful we’d be seeing it onscreen soon.
    The DCEU currently seems rudderless while they throw §€!! against the wall to see what sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    They have started filming the Joaquin Phoenix Joker movie. So it would have to be after that one was made.

Mary poppins new trailer is getting really good buzz. Trouble for aquaman?