Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

At this point I'm just hoping Aquaman is actually enjoyable and good as a film, which hopefully will make enough of a difference in the Box Office.

It’s way more important that Aquaman is good and gets positive reviews than it making a ton of money. If it’s considered a good movie and doesn’t do well at the box office, well we know it had a ton of competition and it will probably make up a lot of money on blu ray. If the reviews are terrible and it makes money it will be a situation like Suicide Squad. it made lots of cash but it still hurt the DCEU’s rep and did long term damage.

‘Birds Of Prey’ Movie Filming Start Date Revealed, Gets A Fitting Working Title

The DCEU fandom is anticipating a casting news announcement for Warner Bros. Birds Of Prey movie any day now. And a new report also suggests that the project is progressing as planned and is on schedule for the start of its production.
    The latest report coming from Production Weekly’s recent listing has revealed that Birds Of Prey will begin filming on January 14 in Los Angeles. But that’s not all. The project has also finally received its working title and its certainly a fitting one. The project’s working title has been revealed to be ‘Fox Force Five’.

https://pursuenews.com/birds-of-prey...working-title/

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    ‘Birds Of Prey’ Movie Filming Start Date Revealed, Gets A Fitting Working Title

The DCEU fandom is anticipating a casting news announcement for Warner Bros. Birds Of Prey movie any day now. And a new report also suggests that the project is progressing as planned and is on schedule for the start of its production.
    The latest report coming from Production Weekly’s recent listing has revealed that Birds Of Prey will begin filming on January 14 in Los Angeles. But that’s not all. The project has also finally received its working title and its certainly a fitting one. The project’s working title has been revealed to be ‘Fox Force Five’.

https://pursuenews.com/birds-of-prey...working-title/
    Makes it sound like an X-Force movie .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Makes it sound like an X-Force movie .
    The Fox Force Five or the article? The article is down for me but as for the Working Title it's a Pulp Fiction reference.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Jurnee Smollett-Bell, Mary Elizabeth Winstead Eyed for DC’s Female Superheroes Movie - https://www.thewrap.com/birds-of-pre...heroine-movie/

Would love to see Mary Elizabeth Winstead, one of my favorite actresses.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Astonishing Member

Maybe Aquaman will win the winter slugfest. The trailer has more way more views than the other holiday movies. Currently it has 39M views, Mary Poppins 6.4M, BumbleBee 22M, Mortal Engines 11M, and Battle Angel with 9.7M. Mary Poppins trailer was just released 3 days ago but Aquaman has clearly blown away the competition with views so maybe it will handily defeat all competitors. BTW Shazam! has 20M views. Guessing it should beat Shazam easily.

Fantastic Member

I understand wanting diversity, but within cannon of the comics you have an African American in Huntress, Asian with Cassandra Cain and Hispanic with Renee Montoya...Why can't Black Canary be comic accurate? Unless Robbie just doesn't want another hot blonde in the cast

Quote Originally Posted by Stromberg View Post
    I understand wanting diversity, but within cannon of the comics you have an African American in Huntress, Asian with Cassandra Cain and Hispanic with Renee Montoya...Why can't Black Canary be comic accurate? Unless Robbie just doesn't want another hot blonde in the cast
    I don't get it, why can't characters look comic accurate?

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I don't get it, why can't characters look comic accurate?
    Because the more popular the character is, the more publicity they get when they raceswap them. They would get a lot more headlines by saying they cast a woman of color as Black Canary, a character who's had mainstream representation for years, as opposed to having a lesser known character on the team like Vixen or Bumblebee or any original diverse character who's not as popular.

Look at Spider-Man: Homecoming, the female lead in that movie was Liz, who was also a raceswapped character, but noone gave a damn about it because noone knew who Liz Allan was. All people were talking about was the casting of a woman of color as MJ, because every person walking this earth that knows about Peter Parker, is probably aware of who Mary Jane is. Granted, Zendaya didn't really turn out to be playing MJ or at least not "the" MJ, but it sure got people talking, that was trending for like two days. That's why they choose to change more popular characters as opposed to using original diverse characters who were created with the very purpose to bring more diversity, because the latter don't give them the same attention.

Though I can certainly buy it if Robbie just didn't think there should be two blonde white chicks on the team(not that Harley Quinn should even be a member of the Birds of Prey). So instead of choosing to bring in a different character who's not white or blonde in Dinah's place, they would just change her instead and get the headlines.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-21-2018 at 09:21 AM.

Apparently their first choice for Black Canary was Lady Gaga but she turned them down. So no sure if it was a Robbie decision. Lady Gaga certainly would have gotten a lot of, if not more, attention than Robbie
    and I didn't hear Robbie objecting to Lady Gaga.

Do we know if Gaga was truly considered for the role. I'm not sure if that information came from any of the trades, only the bloggers.

I just wish WB would use properties like Vixen and Booster Gold first. You know. Develop movies with characters that aren't that well known, so there could be more leeway for creative license with everything (that way there isn't too much risk which is why I think DC/WB should be using lesser known characters to find their own successful cinematic formula before jumping back to their bigger characters and concepts like Green Lantern)

I really dislike the idea of not making Dinah look like she does in the comics. It would also make yet another black superhero have the word “Black” in their code name.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I really dislike the idea of not making Dinah look like she does in the comics. It would also make yet another black superhero have the word “Black” in their code name.
    And I think being a white blonde is as much a part of Black Canary's visual as the corset and fishnets, but the latter is probably harder to pull off in live action .

(Although I guess if they go with an African-American actress, they can dye their hair or wear a wig. But somehow I doubt it).

At least it's not likely to effect Dinah that much in the comics or other media. Will Smith's Deadshot didn't stop Deadshot from still being white in the comics or predominantly white in all media adaptions.