Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

They had good ideas and planned to be different (kudos) but the execution.... not very well liked by the fans

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    So a person who claims to have seen a test screening for Aquaman compared it to a phase one Marvel movie. Which I guess is a good thing. Just hope audiences aren’t tired of the superhero origin story. Reluctant hero must learn responsibility and save the world from (insert threat) with a macguffin.
    If its phase one Ironman I think that is great

If its phase one Captain America or Thor......I'm worried
    The J-man

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I give you Thor but Cap is nearly as good as WW

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I give you Thor but Cap is nearly as good as WW
    Captain America 2 and 3 are fantastic films. The first film was par for the course a by the numbers film through and through, but not exceptional by any means. I took some historical exception to things tho, my brain really couldn't jive with how things were represented.

I'm not as high on Wonder Woman as others. I thought the first 2 acts were very solid but the 3rd act was underwhelming especially her Ares fight.
    The J-man

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    If its phase one Ironman I think that is great

If its phase one Captain America or Thor......I'm worried
    I think you only need to be worried if its phase one hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I think you only need to be worried if its phase one hulk.
    I actually liked phase one Incredible Hulk. Wasn't the financial success of the others ones, but great cast good acting. Pacing was nice and gave you all the action set pieces you wanted.

The big downside of that movie was the trailers gave away everything. Literally every best bit from that film was given away in the trailer. I liked what they did with Bruce Banner probably the only time since the tv show he's been a compelling character. General Ross and Betty were great.

The villain wasn't the best but it gave you that epic CGI fight at the end. I'm not saying its a great movie but I enjoyed it for the most part. I think its better than what people give it credit for. Especially when you compare it to the first Hulk movie or Superman Returns.
    The J-man

Hardly a shock for me. WB being a hot mess is so last year at this point. I haven't been that emotionally invested in this so-called "cinematic universe" for years now, so this is just another nail in the coffin. Henry was a good Superman and he could've been great if the people in charge even remotely had their act together. Shame.

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Hardly a shock for me. WB being a hot mess is so last year at this point. I haven't been that emotionally invested in this so-called "cinematic universe" for years now, so this is just another nail in the coffin. Henry was a good Superman and he could've been great if the people in charge even remotely had their act together. Shame.
    WB are a like a kid who has every toy in the world and don't know what to play with, meanwhile MARVEL didn't have that many toys and had to make do and be creative with what they had.

To think we could have been looking at a very different DCEU if WB didn't mess up Green Lantern!
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Wedjat View Post
    Welp.

Now things make sense.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I was done with this Universe after BvS and honestly seeing this was not surprising. The narrative choices WB choose for this franchise was idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    WB are a like a kid who has every toy in the world and don't know what to play with, meanwhile MARVEL didn't have that many toys and had to make do and be creative with what they had.

To think we could have been looking at a very different DCEU if WB didn't mess up Green Lantern!
    If they didn't mess up GL, they would've still messed up everything that came out afterwards. This company only has success with superhero movies if they have people like Donner, Burton or Nolan at the helm. Or Patty Jenkins I guess. Without them, they're just throwing money away and consistently destroying and devaluing entire character brands. They've been doing that for how many decades now. They're a lost cause.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    If they didn't mess up GL, they would've still messed up everything that came out afterwards. This company only has success with superhero movies if they have people like Donner, Burton or Nolan at the helm. Or Patty Jenkins I guess. Without them, they're just throwing money away and consistently destroying and devaluing entire character brands. They've been doing that for how many decades now. They're a lost cause.
    WB doesn't even have a consise franchises anymore besides the Conjuring franchise which still has its share of stinkers. Once WB was finished with Harry Potter they were desperate to get another one and botched it.

Michael B Jordan should be one of the actors, who's considered to be playing Green Lantern John Stewart and not Superman, imo.