Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Handsome, yes. Blonde, no.

Isn't that a dirty blonde? I don't know .

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Isn't that a dirty blonde? I don't know .
    I'd consider it dirty blonde. Which is still blonde.

Handsome, yes. Blonde, no.

Why is this guy not playing Hal Jordan I will never understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    I'm fairly confident he could play Jordan if he wanted to, and just doesn't want to. He's a fairly big name.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Astonishing Member

Arnie Hammer for Jordan.

Maybe because he finds him too similar to James Kirk and wants some variety? Steve Trevor has always been cooler than Hal Jordan though and it's great that the world now knows how awesome he is too.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Maybe because he finds him too similar to James Kirk and wants some variety?
    Trevor has the cocky pilot aspect too. But Pine has said in the past that he didn't really want to play a superhero, so it made sense that he was more willing to play a supporting character in a superhero movie instead.

Steve Trevor has always been cooler than Hal Jordan though and it's great that the world now knows how awesome he is too.
    Doesn't make much of a difference to me who's "cooler", Jordan is a much more prominent character that needs a good actor and I thought someone like Pine would do him justice.

Doesn't make much of a difference to me who's "cooler", Jordan is a much more prominent character...
    Not at this point in pop-culture consciousness. And that doesn't seem to be changing in the immediate future with Steve's return to the big screen next year.

Not at this point in pop-culture consciousness. And that doesn't seem to be changing in the immediate future with Steve's return to the big screen next year.
    Um, what? Green Lantern is one of DC's premiere brands and Hal is the most prominent character carrying that mantle, doesn't matter that there was a bad movie from almost a decade ago that keeps getting mocked to this day. It would've been a much bigger deal if Pine was cast as Jordan instead.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-23-2018 at 08:50 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Maybe because he finds him too similar to James Kirk and wants some variety? Steve Trevor has always been cooler than Hal Jordan though and it's great that the world now knows how awesome he is too.
    Always? I like Steve a lot and recognize his importance in WW lore and want him to keep getting a push, but Steve has also been pretty lame for long stretches. Throughout the Silver and Bronze Ages, and then Perez aged him up and made him useless for the entire duration of the Post-Crisis canon. Hell, the movie is the first near-unanimously beloved take on the character EVER, and he's been around since 1941.

It's ultimately comparing apples and oranges, as Steve is the love interest for the headlining hero, and not a headlining hero himself. So he's only really popular in that capacity. People are excited for Steve's return to the big screen, but he's an accessory to the larger Wonder Woman story, not the main act.

How does being black change the entirety of Dinah Lance's character? What is it about being white that is intrinsic to her?
    A race change brings a completely different world experience and social issues along with that.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    A race change brings a completely different world experience and social issues along with that.
    None of which will be of any importance to the plot of the film as far as I'm aware. Not every story about people of color has to be about the prejudices they face as people of color.

And if Dinah Lance being black means her life experiences will be different, that wouldn't be the first time a character was changed for an adaptation. Hell, the comics change a character's entire backstory within the space of six months or less.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 09-23-2018 at 02:27 PM.

New bumblebee trailer. So will aquaman beat it? Who will win between just these two films? Should wb be worried or will they be fine?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    New bumblebee trailer. So will aquaman beat it? Who will win between just these two films? Should wb be worried or will they be fine?

It's getting incredible buzz due to the G1 designs its what people of my generation have waited 30 years to see add Mary Poppins getting good buzz with the Dick Van Dyke cameo and traditional animation I will never understand why WB didn't move Aquaman. Aquaman looks great but so do Bumblebee and Mary Poppins and they have Nostalgia.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Aquaman because the trailer views has destroyed Bumblebee total (39M vs 22M) and the last two Transformer movies with Wahlberg hurt the franchise.