Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default DCEU (DC Extended Universe Thread) II

I came across this today.

Very interesting. Apparently 20 minutes of Cyborg were cut from the film.

I can't imagine DC releasing the Snyder cut or being incentivized to do so, but keep the dream alive I guess
    The J-man

While I didn’t care for Snyder’s direction of the DCEU, it would have been cool to get some more development for Cyborg.

With word that WB is working on a Supergirl script, I wonder if it will involve the open pod in the Kryptonian ship from MoS or if they’ll just ignore that and do their own thing. WB seems to be pushing Superman aside so I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t even acknowledge his existence in the Supergirl film.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-08-2018 at 10:06 AM.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    With word that WB is working on a Supergirl script, I wonder if it will involve the open pod in the Kryptonian ship from MoS or if they’ll just ignore that and do their own thing. WB seems to be pushing Superman aside so I wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t even acknowledge his existence in the Supergirl film.
    Come on, that would be impossible,

Spectacular Member

Can’t imagine anyone following Benoit’s footsteps. Say what you will about the show, she is flawless in the role.

Now that James Gunn is a free agent and WB has expressed interest, what DC property could be helm?

Obviously Legion of Superheroes would be right up bus alley after GotG. I would also love to see him take on Plastic Man or Lobo. I think he could do more with Lobo than just make it a mindless explosion fest. I think Gunn would get the joke that Lobo as a concept is making fun of all those “extreme” anti-heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Come on, that would be impossible,
    I know. Definitely overreacting but I’m a huge pessimist when it comes to WB’s relationship with Superman.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-08-2018 at 05:30 PM.

The J-man

Too about Cyborg getting shorted in Justice League. I think he was my favorite character of the lot, too. Would've been happy to see more of his arc.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Ray Fisher responds to the rumors.

https://mobile.twitter.com/rehsifyar...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    I came across this today.

Very interesting. Apparently 20 minutes of Cyborg were cut from the film.

I can't imagine DC releasing the Snyder cut or being incentivized to do so, but keep the dream alive I guess
    There are reports that some of the cut footage from Justice League will be incorporated into the Cyborg movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Zack Snyder says that wasn't Supergirl in the open pod. So that sort of leaves it open for any origin, even the refugee from Argo City storyline.

I'd love to see more of Fishers Cyborg in a standalone movie; sad that it all had been un-unannounced

I'm not a big fan of Snyders too dark too soon style. He did not gave it time; I'd bet BvS would have been the raving success they wished for if there had been a 2nd Man of Steel movie between Mos & BvS and one of them being a happy hopeful one (MoS=happy origin; MoS2= like MoS; BvS=as it where; JL=as it where in style but longer and less cheap in some scenes... and have the BvS orchestral team ). I do hope JLs bluray/DVD sales warrant some kind of +30-40 min more extended edition which features lots of cut scenes woven into the movie; cleans up moustachegate but keeps the more positive vibes it had.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    I'd love to see more of Fishers Cyborg in a standalone movie; sad that it all had been un-unannounced

I'm not a big fan of Snyders too dark too soon style. He did not gave it time; I'd bet BvS would have been the raving success they wished for if there had been a 2nd Man of Steel movie between Mos & BvS and one of them being a happy hopeful one (MoS=happy origin; MoS2= like MoS; BvS=as it where; JL=as it where in style but longer and less cheap in some scenes... and have the BvS orchestral team ). I do hope JLs bluray/DVD sales warrant some kind of +30-40 min more extended edition which features lots of cut scenes woven into the movie; cleans up moustachegate but keeps the more positive vibes it had.
    Honestly I was interested in MOS as a movie and it had a lot of potential (a first contact movie, inspired by Birthright/Man of Steel/Superman Earth One/All Star Superman, Lois knowning Superman's origin, Superman in a grounded world), but it's flaws and how people have certain expectations of how Superman should be handled (for all that positive attributes of Christopher Reeve Superman had for the character and on pop culture, it carries a weight that is hard for other interpretations of the character to carry on some level)

Same with Batman v Superman, all of the Superman elements of that movie could work better as a Superman movie (how every move he makes it's controversial and the world reacting to his presence, Lex Luthor fueling the hate against Superman, Clark just wanting to do good and report on actual matters, etc) if it's allowed to breath on its own and Superman to properly to react to those events properly, instead of just being used as a platform for a Batman/Wonder Woman and JL introduction, not to mention Batman and Superman team up or Batman vs Superman movie, but an actual Man of Steel sequel, which could lead to a BvS type movie. The world reacting to Superman and questioning his motives before they love and value him as a hero deserves to be seen with Superman saying his peace. Then BvS where the tone and feel is more balanced and people can react to it with more positivity. Same with Justice League, it had good elements and potential but it needed more than just a 2 hour movie. I hope Cyborg get his own movie and time to shine as well. He definitely was a highlight of the movie.

Early reviews for aquaman are in and it's--ok. Calling it a "phase one" marvel film like the incredible hulk type good.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/08/25/...ing-reactions/

So it's justice league. It's "OK". Sounds like a redbox rental then. When 8 others movies out that week and only so much money i'll wait for the dvd if it just ok. I'll wait for more reviews. Still glad it's not a bad movie. That's a good step.

#Aquaman is a phase 1 MCU film through and through, so if you liked those you’ll love it, if you didn’t you probably won’t get much enjoyment out of Aquaman
    I hear it's good (not great) and that's all we can hope for in the end. I'll take it.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 08-26-2018 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Early reviews for aquaman are in and it's--ok. Calling it a "phase one" marvel film like the incredible hulk type good.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/08/25/...ing-reactions/

New

So it's justice league. It's "OK". Sounds like a redbox rental then. When 8 others movies out that week and only so much money i'll wait for the dvd if it just ok. I'll wait for more reviews. Still glad it's not a bad movie. That's a good step.
    Well it's a start.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Better "ok" then "awful."