Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast
    Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Rosie Perez has been cast as MONTOYA for BOP.
    She is 54 years old. I was excepting they would cast someone a bit younger, around 30-35.

https://www.cbr.com/rosie-perez-bird...renee-montoya/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castling View Post
    Also, there is no real "history" of Huntress being black. In the New 52 (which only lasted for 6 years) Huntress was a bi-racial Black Italian. That's actually a newer iteration of the character, not historic; for decades she's been a white woman and mafia princess, and decades before that she was the daughter of Batman and Catwoman. So, I'm not really sure where your "history" of Huntress being Black comes from.
    It was actually never clearly confirmed on panel that she was biracial in Grayson.
    She was IIRC never Huntress in Grayson (she was "Matron").
    Based on the Rebirth Birds of Prey series, it seems like she is just dark skinned and not biracial.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    It was actually never clearly confirmed on panel that she was biracial in Grayson.
    Based on the Rebirth Birds of Prey series, it seems like she is just dark skinned and not biracial.
    Everything you said is correct. I just want to add that the darker complexions and curly hair of the Bertinellis (all of them, as shown in BoP) are both very common traits in Sicily because of the three millennia of the island being a genetic melting pot at the crossroads of three continents. Every time I read about Helena being biracial was in Internet articles and think pieces rather than on actual comic book pages.

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Rosie Perez has been cast as MONTOYA for BOP.
    She is 54 years old. I was excepting they would cast someone a bit younger, around 30-35.

https://www.cbr.com/rosie-perez-bird...renee-montoya/
    I like Rosie Perez so I'm gonna try and be open minded about this. That being said this is not the casting I was anticipating.
    The J-man

I will be honest..I had given on DC and completely moved away from American comics to anime and other Japanese media (even though I am a fan of AM, I wasn't all that excited with the first trailer). But this is freaking awesome..but I hope James Wan isn't taking on too much, especially with all the elements in the movie. I am not too worried; I think this can turn out to be an epic, something like LOTR because it just explores a different world...rather than follow the traditional superhero formula that GA is familiar with.

DC Extended Universe Thread (DCEU)

That's how it starts. The fever. The rage. The feeling of powerlessness. That turns good men....Cruel - Alfred.

This may be the only thing that I do that matters - Bruce.

Stay down, if I wanted it, you would be dead already - Clark.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple J View Post
    I will be honest..I had given on DC and completely moved away from American comics to anime and other Japanese media (even though I am a fan of AM, I wasn't all that excited with the first trailer). But this is freaking awesome..but I hope James Wan isn't taking on too much, especially with all the elements in the movie. I am not too worried; I think this can turn out to be an epic, something like LOTR because it just explores a different world...rather than follow the traditional superhero formula that GA is familiar with.

this trailer is so much better than the first trailer I strongly believe another trailer company is behind it. I'm surprised they showed so much but this is how you make a trailer.

Very exciting. I don't go to the movies that much anymore but I'm gonna check this one out. Hope they do all eh underwater scenes justice.
    The J-man

That trailer is much better then the last. Plus black manta in action!

was Aquaman shot for 3d?
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Please tell me that's Scavenger chasing Mera through the buildings.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    This whole Birds of Prey movie feels like a complete mess already. Why the hell they didn't just do Gotham City Sirens if they were going to use Harley as a main character is beyond me. Instead they plugged her into Batgirls role. And now of course they had to try to appease the masses by doing color-blind casting for Black Canary... I have no idea who this actress is, and maybe she's great and maybe she'll be great- but for fucks sake, couldn't they have cast her as Huntress and literally ANYONE ELSE as Black Canary? They tried this color blind casting **** with Susan Storm in the first two Fantastic Four movies, and that didn't work either (and nothing I'm hearing is telling me that BoP will be any better than those two movies).
    Actually I have a question, isn’t this Juliet Smollet girl sorta white? I googled and they said her father is Jewish and her mother is African American. So assuming Her dad is of similar descent as Gal Gadot doesn’t that make her sorta white too? I mean if both Ezra Miller and Gal Gadot could pass off as white then...
    I have no problems with it as long as she wears a blonde wig like black canary is supposed to.
    Last edited by nightrider; 10-05-2018 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    Please tell me that's Scavenger chasing Mera through the buildings.
    That's Murk.

https://twitter.com/ludi_lin/status/...151029760?s=19

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    this trailer is so much better than the first trailer I strongly believe another trailer company is behind it. I'm surprised they showed so much but this is how you make a trailer.

Very exciting. I don't go to the movies that much anymore but I'm gonna check this one out. Hope they do all eh underwater scenes justice.
    This is the same trailer company lmao. All this is, is the extended trailer that was shown at SDCC.

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Actually I have a question, isn’t this Juliet Smollet girl sorta white? I googled and they said her father is Jewish and her mother is African American. So assuming Her dad is of similar descent as Gal Gadot doesn’t that make her sorta white too? I mean if both Ezra Miller and Gal Gadot could pass off as white then...
    I have no problems with it as long as she wears a blonde wig like black canary is supposed to.
    Lot of black people have mostly white blood. I think back in the days of segregation by law if you had something like 1/16 African blood you were considered black.
    It was sort of the one drop rule. If you had one drop of black blood, you were black.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightrider View Post
    Well dc was looking for a bi-racial actress to play black canary,so for the movie i guess she will have one black parent and one white one.
    Anyway genetically she would be half white and half black.
    So she would not have more white blood then black blood.
    Anyway the actress looks black.
    She would be a bi-racial black.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Well the huntress in the main canon current in comics looks bi-racial black or racially brown.(she is drawn varied ways like sunspot or monet sometimes).
    Anyway that's why folks say she is bi-racial(black or brown) because of her looks.
    If she looks like a poc,than that is what she is.