Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Mary poppins new trailer is getting really good buzz. Trouble for aquaman?

Aquaman has a lot going against it. There is obviously a ton of competition, the character still has a stigma, and the stink of Justice League is still fresh. Fingers crossed it can make a solid profit.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Plus WB seems to be pushing Shazam harder than it is Aquaman which doesn’t really help it either

Mary poppins trailer 3rd highest trending on youtube beating out captain marvel!

The mouse competing with the mouse.

Astonishing Member

I think this will be an interesting 3 way battle. Aquaman vs Bumblebee vs Mary Poppins. I don't have high hopes for Alita and don't think Mortal Engines will do that great either.

I think this will be an interesting 3 way battle. Aquaman vs Bumblebee vs Mary Poppins. I don't have high hopes for Alita and don't think Mortal Engines will do that great either.

What about spider-man, welcome to marwen, holms and Watson, that mystery film just announced for that date and weeks after that hellboy and what woman want 2: what men want, eli and a dogs way home? Also people did like the last battle angel trailer so don't count it out yet.

Incredible Member

I honestly feel like Shazam is getting more attention instead of this movie. And that kinda rubs me the wrong way because WB very well could have waited on this trailer so all the attention was about aquaman. Don’t get me wrong the Shazam trailer was incredible but it seems in my opinion DC is more focused on Shazam and their new slate and are like “oh yea we had this movie that was too far into production to cancel when JL under performed.”

Shazam did have a great trailer and my family wants to see it.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Can the mods merge the two threads please?

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Mary poppins trailer 3rd highest trending on youtube beating out captain marvel!
    In what alternate universe? These are the current figures :

"Marvel Studios' Captain Marvel - Official Trailer
    Marvel Entertainment
    20M views
    1 day ago"

"Mary Poppins Returns | Official Trailer
    Walt Disney Studios
    5.3M views
    2 days ago"

Captain Marvel is trending #1 as of 9/19. Mary Poppins is #7. That's "20M views in 1 day" vs "5.3M views in 2 days." By comparison, WB's Aquaman trailer brought in 24.4 M views in 3 days. Comparing all 3 movies, Mary Poppins is running a very distant 3rd.
    Last edited by jertz666; 09-19-2018 at 08:15 AM.

It's Aquaman for me. I have no interest in Mary Poppins or Bumblebee and haven't a clue who the other ones even are and wouldn't go see them if they were the only movie playing.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I never cared for Mary Poppins but I've been saying that Aquaman is in trouble with all these competitions especially Mary Poppins. I'm probably underestimating Aquaman but...idk.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I never cared for Mary Poppins but I've been saying that Aquaman is in trouble with all these competitions especially Mary Poppins. I'm probably underestimating Aquaman but...idk.
    I think you speak for a lot of superhero fans. I think it depends on if Aquaman is any good or not. If Aquaman gets a high 70% or better RT score, people that like superhero movies will go see it. The only people that
    it will have to fight to get an audience is people that go to movies just for the sake of going to movies and don't care what is on the screen. I can't imagine superhero fans preferring Mary Poppins to Aquaman. Now if
    Aquaman gets a rotten score people who like superhero movies might stay away from Aquaman but I can't really see them saying "So Aquaman sucks? I guess I will go see Mary Poppins instead."

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    I think women will be the strength behind Aquaman.

In what alternate universe? These are the current figures :

It was yesterday.