Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Aquaman because the trailer views has destroyed Bumblebee total (39M vs 22M) and the last two Transformer movies with Wahlberg hurt the franchise.
    People aren't looking at this as a continuation of Bayformers but fans finally getting the Transformers film they always wanted.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    People aren't looking at this as a continuation of Bayformers but fans finally getting the Transformers film they always wanted.
    With the focus on one Transformer. I'm sure this movie will be better than most of Bayformer movies but if the consensus was that BVS hurt the JL, then the last two Transformers will do the same to Bumblebee. Either way I will watch both.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    New bumblebee trailer. So will aquaman beat it? Who will win between just these two films? Should wb be worried or will they be fine?

I originally felt that Aquaman would easily beat Bumblebee at the box office but this last trailer has made me rethink that. Bumblebee already had great buzz (pun intended), but the Soundwave reveal and the classic designs makes it a serious threat. It’s the Tranformers movie that fans have always wanted plus it’s not directed by Bay. I’m even more worried about Aquaman’s chances. I really wish WB would change the release date.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I originally felt that Aquaman would easily beat Bumblebee at the box office but this last trailer has made me rethink that. Bumblebee already had great buzz (pun intended), but the Soundwave reveal and the classic designs makes it a serious threat. It’s the Tranformers movie that fans have always wanted plus it’s not directed by Bay. I’m even more worried about Aquaman’s chances. I really wish WB would change the release date.
    Overseas is going to save Bumblebee if the direct market doesn't, just like all other Transformer films . Aquaman really needs good reviews to save it. If it gets bad reviews that's it, headlines are going to slander DC again and people will listen to those headlines then watch something else. Plus you have the trolls who would go on Social media and make DC look bad which will only hurt Aquaman more.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Overseas is going to save Bumblebee if the direct market doesn't, just like all other Transformer films . Aquaman really needs good reviews to save it. If it gets bad reviews that's it, headlines are going to slander DC again and people will listen to those headlines then watch something else. Plus you have the trolls who would go on Social media and make DC look bad which will only hurt Aquaman more.
    So far it seems like Wan has been able to construct a good, fun, action adventure movie with Aquaman, and that there was a lot of passion from the cast and crew in the making of this movie (and limited executive oversight).

If that bears true, then hopefully it will lead to a success at the Box Office.

https://www.cbr.com/birds-of-prey-sw...-release-date/

so birds of prey this february 2020....

Ultimate Member

Sounds about right imo.

Fantastic Member

Okay, I tried, I really did; Black Canary is my favorite super hero and I have been waiting and waiting since they announced they were making a dceu after "Man of Steel" for her to make her debut on the big screen (especially after they have repeatedly disrespected the character in the Arrowverse). Then we finally got the film announced and I was thrilled...the first rumblings of casting mentioned Blake Lively and I got more excited...then they decided that despite the fact that the cast of BoP is already full of ethnic characters, they needed to make Black Canary African American...I actually sold myself on Gugu Mbatha Raw off of interviews, a video of her in a blonde wig and her looks...so, of course they have seemingly cast Jurnee Smollet (the one I didn't think for the role at all). Sorry, but a BoP movie where I like Harley Quinn and Huntress more than my favorite DC character? I'm out!

Gugu was my preferred choice, too. Don't know much about the lady they cast so I can't comment on her, but it is what it is. Like I said before, in my opinion either Margot didn't want another hot blonde on the team in this instance, or Hollywood in general chooses to raceswap more popular characters to get more publicity, as opposed to bringing in the likes of Vixen or Bumblebee.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Huntress can go either way. I like her as an actress, but I think maybe someone like Alexandra Daddario would've been a better choice for Helena.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-26-2018 at 01:01 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

It seems that the lady cast as Black Canary look way more like current Huntress than the other actress but it's whatever. Excited to see how this movie looks. Still annoyed Harleys annoying ass is in this.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead is a good actress even if she doesn't immediately jump out at me as Huntress.

I have no frame of reference for Jurnee Smolett-Bell, besides the fact that she is evidently a gorgeous woman, so I have no way of telling whether she'll be a good Black Canary or not. But now the name itself is a little too on-the-nose for me .

Ultimate Member

MEW=YES!! Thank you! I don't know much about Ms. Smollet-Bell, but I'm certainly going to give her a shot. Part of me thinks that they should be reversed, with MEW playing Black Canary, and JSB playing Huntress, but that's a minor detail imo.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Gugu was my preferred choice, too. Don't know much about the lady they cast so I can't comment on her, but it is what it is. Like I said before, in my opinion either Margot didn't want another hot blonde on the team in this instance, or Hollywood in general chooses to raceswap more popular characters to get more publicity, as opposed to bringing in the likes of Vixen or Bumblebee.

Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Huntress can go either way. I like her as an actress, but I think maybe someone like Alexandra Daddario would've been a better choice for Helena.
    I see Daddario better fitting a role like Zatanna than BC personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    MEW=YES!! Thank you! I don't know much about Ms. Smollet-Bell, but I'm certainly going to give her a shot. Part of me thinks that they should be reversed, with MEW playing Black Canary, and JSB playing Huntress, but that's a minor detail imo.
    I've seen pictures of her with short hair. I think Jurnee could've been a good Vixen.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I see Daddario better fitting a role like Zatanna than BC personally.
    I think, as opposed to Black Canary, Zatanna is a character that should look more ethnically ambiguous.

Few current actresses in Hollywood exemplify the "Italian white girl" thing better than Daddario, so I thought she would be perfect for a character like Huntress. I hope she still gets cast in a superhero movie down the line.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-26-2018 at 02:31 PM.