Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Better "ok" then "awful."
    Yeah 6 movies or so in.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Incredible Member

https://comicbook.com/dc/amp/2018/08...tralian-rumor/

Aquaman moves up a week earlier in Australia like it did in the UK back in April, hoping this happens in the US as well. I want this to have the best box office chance it can get!

If it moves it will fight Spider-Man on the same day!

Also runaways will be out the same day as aquaman and daredevil s3 is rumored to be as well!

I hope Aquaman does well. I really do. I just don't know. DC movies seem to have a stigma with audiences at the moment
    The J-man

I would much rather Aquaman be a well made movie than make a ton of money at the box office. Suicide Squad and BvS made money but received negative reviews from fans and critics. That’s where the real damage happens. If Aquaman gets positive reviews, is well liked by the fans, but doesn’t make a ton of money, I think WB can still consider it a win. Positive word of mouth will spread and it can make up a lot of money in blu ray sales and downloads.
    Obviously if it bombs it would be a disaster but hopefully it can match Ant-Man or Dr. Strange.

iMan 42s

If it's as good as an early MCU film Aquaman might have a shot.

I'd be curious if tastes have changed significantly since 2008 given the unparalleled success of the MCU. However Aquaman will be competing with Bumblebee and Spider-man so Aquaman could take a hit if it's largely middle of the road and the others are bigger hits.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I don't think WB expects Aquaman to be a $1 billion movie. Don't know how much they spent on it but if it gets positive reviews that might be more important going forward than how much money it makes.
    As long as it makes a reasonable profit and doesn't totally bomb at the box office. $600 - $700 million might be good enough.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I would much rather Aquaman be a well made movie than make a ton of money at the box office. Suicide Squad and BvS made money but received negative reviews from fans and critics. That’s where the real damage happens. If Aquaman gets positive reviews, is well liked by the fans, but doesn’t make a ton of money, I think WB can still consider it a win. Positive word of mouth will spread and it can make up a lot of money in blu ray sales and downloads.
    Obviously if it bombs it would be a disaster but hopefully it can match Ant-Man or Dr. Strange.
    The GA might be hungry for a superhero movie since the last CBM will be Venom in October. But again competitive schedule. Wonder if it can beat JL's domestic gross.

Curious how SS2 will do domestically. Might be a full 4 years for it to come out.

John says the early reactions are not true due to papers they have to sign and the story is fake.

I agree with Campea. People making conclusions already WITHOUT having even seen it are too naive, imo.

I'm not worried at all. Not yet. And I loved the trailer. It looked really good and exciting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Curious how SS2 will do domestically. Might be a full 4 years for it to come out.
    I think the DCEU may be missing an opportunity in waiting SO so long between installments of their franchises.
    Wonder Woman is on the right track with a sequel coming out 2-3 years after the original. That's the norm for most movie franchises.
    But go 4-5 years or longer and the original becomes long forgotten.

I have to roll my eyes about the much-discussed but never greenlit Man of Steel sequel. With the original out in 2013, if a sequel was greenlit TODAY it wouldn't see a debut until 2020. Same with using the Justice League movie as a predecessor... there's no buzz about a Batman or Superman movie getting greenlit, so it would be easily be 5 years from JL before either of those would debut. At what point do Cavill and Affleck start to age out of those roles?

Back to SS2, I would enjoy seeing a sequel, but they need to produce it before any cache from the first one isn't a distant memory.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    I think the DCEU may be missing an opportunity in waiting SO so long between installments of their franchises.
    Wonder Woman is on the right track with a sequel coming out 2-3 years after the original. That's the norm for most movie franchises.

I have to roll my eyes about the much-discussed but never greenlit Man of Steel sequel. With the original out in 2013, if a sequel was greenlit TODAY it wouldn't see a debut until 2020. Same with using the Justice League movie as a predecessor... there's no buzz about a Batman or Superman movie getting greenlit, so it would be easily be 5 years from JL before either of those would debut. At what point do Cavill and Affleck start to age out of those roles?

Back to SS2, I would enjoy seeing a sequel, but they need to produce it before any cache from the first one isn't a distant memory.
    I think WB was planning on releasing either The Batman or Flash this summer at one point in time but then the movies got stuck in development hell.

Flash may have lost it's director AGAIN! It's a joke by this point. How many directors have they lost for this movie?

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post

What makes you think either one will return? Affleck is definitely out, and it doesn’t look good for Cavill.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Flash may have lost it's director AGAIN! It's a joke by this point. How many directors have they lost for this movie?

I'm starting to wonder if they don't want to work with WB or if maybe they don't want to work with Miller. Those are the two common denominators. I'm starting to think the latter.