Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    Michael B Jordan should be one of the actors, who's considered to be playing Green Lantern John Stewart and not Superman, imo.
    I think this is more of WB trying to reclaim the narrative to get people talking about this instead of Cavill no longer being Supes.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    I think this is more of WB trying to reclaim the narrative to get people talking about this instead of Cavill no longer being Supes.
    Well it seems like it's working

I’d down for it if Michael B. Jordan became Val-Zod from Earth 2 instead of Clark Kent Superman. Introduce him as a brand new Kryptonian the world has to get used to or something.

EE584BD5-B820-42A7-B16D-20902F24188A.jpg
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Besides, casting him as Superman generates a lot more publicity than casting him as anyone else. I'm sure it's clickbait tho, none of the other trades mention anything about Jordan being eyed for any DC character. Still, I imagine after his recently announced partnership with WB, to not eye him for a potential DC role would seem like a huge waste.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-12-2018 at 10:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’d down for it if Michael B. Jordan became Val-Zod from Earth 2 instead of Clark Kent Superman. Introduce him as a brand new Kryptonian the world has to get used to or something.

I would be totally fine with this. Introduce him as Val-Zod and not Clark Kent. Introduce the audience another Kryptonian superhero that currently exists in the comics.

WB Statement - https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/09/12/...ial-statement/

Not confirming or denying.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Michael B Jordan as Superman is just idiotic. Sorry, but he's an unbelievably bad choice to play Superman, and not just because - sorry again! - he doesn't look the part but because there's not a thing that I've seen him do that even remotely suggests that he would make a good Superman. And I've seen a whole bunch of films with him in major roles. He's a fine actor but he ain't no Clark Kent.

They do need to reboot their Superman, though. All the Cavill films sucked and he was horribly miscast in the role. He looks the part but he has the exact wrong kind of charisma for the role: there's somethinhg icy about his screen presence, which is why he has been a good fit for cool, deadly spies in Mission Impossible and Man From UNCLE but wrong for a character like Superman. Not that it's all his fault; the whole DCEU take on Superman has been one creative misfire after another from the moment in Man of Steel when Pa Kent told Clark to let a busload of kids die to protect his identity.
    Last edited by Ilan Preskovsky; 09-12-2018 at 10:44 AM.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

I hope all of this publicity doesn't hurt Aquaman's upcoming movie.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I wish he plays Val-Zod instead of Clark. We don't need anymore black actors playing white characters when all the black characters are sitting there doing nothing!

Happy 80th birthday Superman, WB just shelved you for the foreseeable future.

I guess we can start speculating on what Marvel character Henry could play. Maybe he’ll be cast as Reed Richards.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Yeah making him Val would be cool but I really don’t want to see him as Kal El.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-12-2018 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I wish he plays Val-Zod instead of Clark. We don't need anymore black actors playing white characters when all the black characters are sitting there doing nothing!
    Agreed. The main reason they keep doing that is because raceswapping popular characters gives them more publicity. I have no issues with bringing in Val-Zod, especially since we're getting an Elseworlds Joker movie. They can easily try to make a Val-Zod or Cal Ellis Superman movie that's part of the "Multiverse" portion of the DCEU or whatever they call it.
    Last edited by Johnny; 09-12-2018 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Happy 80th birthday Superman, WB just shelved you for the foreseeable future.

I guess we can start speculating on what Marvel character Henry could play. Maybe he’ll be cast as Reed Richards.

Yeah making him Val would be cool but I really don’t want to see him as Kal El.
    People are already talking about him being Captain Britain which would be awesome.

People are already talking about him being Captain Britain which would be awesome.
    He’d be perfect for that. Plus it would be a huge and much deserved slap in the face to WB.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    He’d be perfect for that. Plus it would be a huge and much deserved slap in the face to WB.
    DC really needs a management shakeup. I'm tired of sitting around and hoping for DC to be good again.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

DC really needs a management shakeup. I'm tired of sitting around and hoping for DC to be good again.
    DC in general or movies? Because I was going to say WB itself needs a huge shakeup and DC too.