Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    DC in general or movies? Because I was going to say WB itself needs a huge shakeup and DC too.
    Both need it. Comics and movies.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Mighty Member

It's funny. Fans were so vocal about this version of Superman not being Superman. Now all of a sudden they're upset that Cavill is gone. People are so phony.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Quote Originally Posted by The Anti-Geek View Post
    It's funny. Fans were so vocal about this version of Superman not being Superman. Now all of a sudden they're upset that Cavill is gone. People are so phony.
    I think it's more of the fact that he has the look, drive, etc. to be a good Superman but hasn't had any good material to work with. I happen to agree with that idea.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I think if you look closer, you'll find that it's different people talking. And also, no-one likes that WB and DC seems to have a hard time making up its mind about anything related to the prior DCEU movies, even after Hamada took over as the executive of the DC movie franchise.

Extraordinary Member

IMO....

I actually don't want Jordan playing Val-Zod, or John Stewart.

I'd be game if he played Bronze Tiger.

He might work as Mister Terrific, the role that Will Smith should have sought after.

No black Kal-El, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Sodam Yat View Post
    I hope all of this publicity doesn't hurt Aquaman's upcoming movie.
    I wouldn’t be surprised if it does. The behind the scenes turmoil was one of the many reasons why fans were not excited about Justice League. Why should they invest in a company/comic book movieverse when it’s clear the studio doesn’t know what the hell its doing. Momoa is connected to the Snyderverse debacle. Plus the ridiculous amount of competition the movie will have to overcome. I’m not expecting Aquaman to do very well at the box office.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    DC really needs a management shakeup. I'm tired of sitting around and hoping for DC to be good again.
    I don’t know why people say DC when talking about the movies. There’s no DC film studio. It’s WB and their wretched handling of these iconic characters.
    Last edited by Robotman; 09-12-2018 at 02:45 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

No, there are a lot of different people voicing a lot of different opinions. Some love Cavill's Superman all the way through, some hated him from the beginning and hated him all the way through, some liked him and saw potential in MoS but did not like what happened after, some like him in the role and just don't with the creative choices, etc. People are not phonies.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if it does. The behind the scenes turmoil was one of the many reasons why fans were not excited about Justice League. Why should they invest in a company/comic book movieverse when it’s clear the studio doesn’t know what the hell its doing. Momoa is connected to the Snyderverse debacle. Plus the ridiculous amount of competition the movie will have to overcome. I’m not expecting Aquaman to do very well at the box office.

I don’t know why people say DC when talking about the movies. There’s no DC film studio. It’s WB and their wretched handling of these iconic characters.
    I say DC in reference to WB's DC movies. I know DC isn't a film studio, if they were they would be going under at this point. WB is still riding high off the money that's rolling in from their other properties Harry Potter and now the Fantastic Beasts franchise. The DC stuff is just a drop in the hat, I'm not going to blame WB because honestly I have no idea what they are doing with DC and they don't either. They really do need to take a page from Marvel and make their own studio. It gives them a proper division where DC properties are the main focus and not just another movie made under WB's banner.

I think the vast majority of people liked Cavill in the role. Fans were just split on the actual films. What you’re seeing today after the news of his potential departure is frustration that WB had a good actor playing Superman but couldn’t get him material to work with. I think everyone was holding out hope that a true MoS sequel would finally put all the pieces together. But hopes are dashed.

Cavill was right, but the material was not. It's a very simple concept. Cavill was never the problem.

Can't speak for anyone else but i am sad to see Cavill go, i rather liked his take on the Man of Steel. He was no Christopher Reeves but i feel he did a good job despite what critics say.

Cavill’s cryptic response. Is there hope?

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/09/12/...s-warner-bros/

Every time there is a shake up news day like this where the news is totally unclear I just throw up my arms and stop caring. Give a yes or no or plans for the future of the movies.

I actually like Henry Cavil as Superman

and lest we forget

The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Cavill’s cryptic response. Is there hope?

https://comicbook.com/dc/2018/09/12/...s-warner-bros/
    If any of these people had definitive answers, they'd be giving them instead of these weird non-answers.