Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Speaking of Iron Man I think people are quick to forget that prior to the Robert Downey Jr. movies, he was not at the centerpoint focus of the Marvel Universe. Tony Stark was fourth on the totem pole when it came to Avengers behind Hulk, Captain America and Thor. Hell, he was straight up left out of the first Marvel vs. Capcom game in favor of War Machine and wasn't even present in the big Marvel vs DC comics.
    Civil War was pre-IM1 though.
    And if you want to add another character to the list who got a "forced" push look no further than Deadpool. Who was always something of a mid-tier character until MvC3 pushed him into the public conciousness. And then Marvel decided to captialize on that spur of the moment popularity.
    I think it was a combination of Hulk Vs Wolverine and MvC3. In the former you had his first media portrayal where he actually gets to talk and the first time Nolan North got to play him, and that led into MvC3 who drew a lot from that depiction right down to North reprising the role and the game obviously got him more attention then a Marvel DTV would.

(Seriously, I think I'm one of the few people who remember those DTV's exist).
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I will be curious to see if the new Disney + shows bring the following characters to iconic status: Kate Bishop, Ms Marvel, Moon Knight, and She-Hulk.
    If we use an MCU appearance as a barometer for iconic status now, then maybe.

I think She-Hulk is fairly iconic.
    The Thing is not as iconic as he used to be. His character and sensibilities played more to an older generation than millennials or Generation Z. That’s where guys like Kamala and Miles pick up the slack.
    I think Ben is still the most famous of the FF. He was the only member still making guest appearances across cartoons during their media embargo like Wolverine was for the X-Men (and I don't think Logan appeals all that much to millennials or Generation Z).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Speaking of Iron Man I think people are quick to forget that prior to the Robert Downey Jr. movies, he was not at the centerpoint focus of the Marvel Universe. Tony Stark was fourth on the totem pole when it came to Avengers behind Hulk, Captain America and Thor. Hell, he was straight up left out of the first Marvel vs. Capcom game in favor of War Machine and wasn't even present in the big Marvel vs DC comics.
    Umm no. Iron Man was in the Avengers arcade game, had his own 2 season cartoon, and was also in the arcade game featuring the Infinity Gems. Hulk, while popular in mainstream media, was an Avenger for 2 issues before quitting. In Marvel public, its always been Iron Man and Captain America as the face of the team with Thor as the otherwordly "god" who comes to join them. Hulk was not a member again until the MCU.

Extraordinary Member

I’d say Shuri has definitely become iconic now.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I’d say Shuri has definitely become iconic now.
    Yeah, I'd agree with that.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Miles has an OSCAR winning movie and might be the MAIN reason Sony sells PS5-will he get stuff on the shelf like shirts, toy line and so on in stores like Target and Wal-mart?

If the rumors about the PS5's prices are true i can't really see too many people being in a hurry to buy it but trying to suggest Miles will be the main reason to get the system is ridiculous. Madden21, NBA2K21 and Assassin's Creed Valhalla will all be available at launch and after that you've got a new Gran Turismo and Horizon Forbidden West in the not too distant future.

Not saying the Spider-man game isn't going to be great but it's far from the only thing to look forward to for those thinking about whether or not to get a PS5.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    If the rumors about the PS5's prices are true i can't really see too many people being in a hurry to buy it but trying to suggest Miles will be the main reason to get the system is ridiculous. Madden21, NBA2K21 and Assassin's Creed Valhalla will all be available at launch and after that you've got a new Gran Turismo and Horizon Forbidden West in the not too distant future.

Not saying the Spider-man game isn't going to be great but it's far from the only thing to look forward to for those thinking about whether or not to get a PS5.
    I would say he probably got them some extra sales. Because I have heard more say they are buying it for him.

Other than Assassin's Creed-who wants to buy MAdden or NBA because what are those rostgers going to look like? Why buy NBA 2K21 with no idea what rookies would even sniff the game because the current season does not end until after the game comes out?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I would say he probably got them some extra sales. Because I have heard more say they are buying it for him.

Other than Assassin's Creed-who wants to buy MAdden or NBA because what are those rostgers going to look like? Why buy NBA 2K21 with no idea what rookies would even sniff the game because the current season does not end until after the game comes out?

By the time NBA 2k21 comes out for PS5 the roster should be mostly up to date if the draft happens when it's scheduled to in mid October but if not the rosters will be updated fairly quickly through online. Madden 21 i would think will be pretty up to date as the draft has come and gone and pretty much all the major free agents have found their new teams

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by classicgmer View Post
    By the time NBA 2k21 comes out for PS5 the roster should be mostly up to date if the draft happens when it's scheduled to in mid October but if not the rosters will be updated fairly quickly through online. Madden 21 i would think will be pretty up to date as the draft has come and gone and pretty much all the major free agents have found their new teams
    How fast can you make those body models for those players?

Madden you can get away with due to uniforms but the NBA-you are talking faces and tattoos. Remember they have to get scanned in person for that unless you just do faces and go from there.

There is a reason they do a cutoff that is about 2 months before that game comes out.