Default Nightwing #48 preview and discussion

https://www.newsarama.com/41643-dick...8-preview.html

Not gonna lie, his bike is giving me major Stephanie Brown ricochet vibes!
    "You can't be everywhere, you can't do it all"
    "I'm not Batman, I have friends."
    "But listen, call yourself Bat-Chick, Knightbat, or Black Robin- the point is, don't forget- you have a family."
    "You don't need me. This is a job for.........Alfred!" -Tim Drake

"Dear Diary, I know what my next science project is going to be called: "My love/hate relationship with Gravity........And it was only then that young Stephanie truly realized gravity would forever be her enemy. "-Stephanie Brown

I've been working on some of my own story arcs for an independent series I want to do and I came up with exact idea like 3 years ago. I guess superheroes doing cross-country style racing is a universe construct lol.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Oh, im so game for some superhero Wacky Races.

BANNED

I want to see Nightwing kicking butt instead of getting his butt kicked.

LoL, this was silly. I like silly though. Pyg tossing butcher knives was just too funny. This reminded of an old video game called Twisted Metal.

I liked the allusion to the celtic „thin places“ and seeing Dick in contact with the obscure side of the DCU is great. As for his voice, it feels a lot more like the Dick Grayson I imagen and Nahuelpan is a good artist. Does anyone know if he will stay for more Issues than the race?
    As for the story in itself… I was a bit disappointed that it was all set up. Resolving the race in just one more Issue might make it cramped.
    The Pyg cameo was great, I hope we get to see Flamingo again in a later arc. I can't see Percy focusing on him and Silencer in just one Issue.

Ya, the art was solid here. I wouldn't mind more.

Though, it seems Silencer has it out in particular for Dick. Haven't followed Silencer lately. Any reason for it?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Though, it seems Silencer has it out in particular for Dick. Haven't followed Silencer lately. Any reason for it?
    why does she, is it to gain attention to her own series by stalking a hero who has solid number yet not the protection of being part of the BIG 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    why does she, is it to gain attention to her own series by stalking a hero who has solid number yet not the protection of being part of the BIG 3
    someone is salty.

also he's one of the most important bat characters in the Bat family, so lets not be delusional and think it plays no part in those "solid number."

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Crossovers help boost sales, nothing wrong with that. Though as a Nightwing fan I'd rather someone else crossover for a couple issues.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Crossovers help boost sales, nothing wrong with that. Though as a Nightwing fan I'd rather someone else crossover for a couple issues.
    It's Dick's book. He shouldn't be used to promote the latest editorial darling.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    It's Dick's book. He shouldn't be used to promote the latest editorial darling.
    There are worse fates, it's just a guest appearance to a character that will probably fade away in a few years anyway.

Astonishing Member

I remember a time when people *wanted* Dick to interact with characters in the wider DCU.

As long as they’re not having Silencer come in to wipe the floor with Dick or something, I have no problem with it. Unfortunately though DC has used Nightwing to prop up other characters at Dicks expense before. So I understand the hesitance.