View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

6 26.09%
  • ★★★★

14 60.87%
  • ★★★

2 8.70%
  • ★★

0 0%
  • 1 4.35%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing.
    I think it's that bad old nerd behavior when a comic book is not written according to their specific vision LOL. But the story is well written and I'm glad you are enjoying this aspect of it! Aside from that, we can cherish everything else together.

Extraordinary Member

As far as it being written for older fans, I think that's just a side effect of having Artemis in the book again.

This story felt solid. Wonder Woman is front and centre in the action, and although she has costars they do not threaten to eclipse her as was the case recently under Robinson. I do enjoy the clear Gadot love going on in the art.

I do wonder if the historical fact of the Aztecs taking war slaves for human sacrifices, even for their "good" gods, was ever addressed?
    Last edited by brettc1; 08-09-2018 at 11:42 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

If the positive reviews hold up I may just end up buying the trade.
    Most likely will get the justice League Dark crossover in trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    You're making a HORRIBLE mistake. Especially as a fan of Gal Gadot, Wonder Woman is drawn to look like her. (Though it should really be the other way around, the actor should look like the character, instead of changing the character to look like the actor.)
    Grrr. Ok, I can start with 52, correct?
    It's not about 'deserve' it's about what you believe. And I believe in Love.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    As far as it being written for older fans, I think that's just a side effect of having Artemis in the book again.
    Maybe also the call-back to the early 80s storyline about the Amazon jungle Amazon splinter nation, led by Atalanta, who fell under the thrall of the Aztec trickster god Tezcatlipoca. (This was also the first modern appearance of Circe.)

A Dan Mishkin storyline that might be more fondly remembered if not for the Don Heck art.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by RealWonderman View Post
    Grrr. Ok, I can start with 52, correct?
    Yes. #51 is a one-and-done, although it highlights a caring Diana who invests in healing her enemies, hearkening back to Marston & Loebs.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vaffrey View Post
    Maybe also the call-back to the early 80s storyline about the Amazon jungle Amazon splinter nation, led by Atalanta, who fell under the thrall of the Aztec trickster god Tezcatlipoca. (This was also the first modern appearance of Circe.)

A Dan Mishkin storyline that might be more fondly remembered if not for the Don Heck art.
    Indeed. I had no idea, having only picked up the book with Volume 2. But that might be worth tracking down. Thanks
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

All-New Member

My one gripe with the artwork is that it’s gets a little incomprehensible when they get into the Temple. Maybe it was on purpose, but it was just really hard to follow the flow of action and movement, it really took me out of the narrative.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I'm liking so far Orlando's "filler" issues. A huge improvement over Robinson's run.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    But, it didn't really explain how/why Artemis is in that bar. Whereas in Red Hood and the Outlaws, she's last seen kissing Jason, before tossing him clear of a door/portal to who knows where that Bizzarro opened to save a big portion of Gotham. And Artemis was going to look after the big guy.

So, clearly a lot has been going on between then and this issue.
    I was wondering this as well - how is Artemis here? Is this before RHATO #25? Or long after?

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'm liking so far Orlando's "filler" issues. A huge improvement over Robinson's run.
    See, the fact that it feels like "filler" - not necessarily in writing, but in structure - it's the guy between Robinson and Wilson - is what's creating some difficulties for me.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Finally read this(been super busy). Great plot! Orlando has made Tezcatlipoca out to be super creepy. Glad to see Artemis back in the book! The art could have been better but it wasn't horrible.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Poison View Post
    Finally read this(been super busy). Great plot! Orlando has made Tezcatlipoca out to be super creepy. Glad to see Artemis back in the book! The art could have been better but it wasn't horrible.
    Was looking at it again and thinking the colouring had a kind of retro feel to it as well.