Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    How many issues is this opening arc? I ask as I try to give the whole thing a go before committing to my pull.
    It's 5 issues, and then #6 is the start of the Boomerang arc.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    It's 5 issues, and then #6 is the start of the Boomerang arc.
    Cheers pal!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I'm hoping Spider-Man and Boomerang go out and raise some hell together while Peter watches all horrified!
    YES I am super into that. I'd like to see Spidey and Boomerang become teammates and best friends. Boomer would think having Spidey as a member of his gang would give them credibility and make them major league... I'm down for a sitcom style roommate situation with Pete, Spidey and Fred all living together.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel22 View Post
    YES I am super into that. I'd like to see Spidey and Boomerang become teammates and best friends. Boomer would think having Spidey as a member of his gang would give them credibility and make them major league... I'm down for a sitcom style roommate situation with Pete, Spidey and Fred all living together.
    This is a real possibility. Spencer made it work with Scott Lang teaming up with Grizzly and Machinesmith plus a bunch of old Tales to Astonish villains. Pete, Spidey and Fred would make a great team. For us readers that is. I could see Peter having a nervous breakdown trying keep his other half and Boomerang in line.

Double post.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 08-13-2018 at 04:42 PM.

As an aside. I really want to see Peter Parker dating MJ while Spider-Man dates Black Cat. Such a setup would make perfect sense given the history of the characters. Now is your chance, make it happen Marvel Office.
    Last edited by Celgress; 08-15-2018 at 10:48 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Business is starting to pick up! I didn't like issue 1 too much but the last 2 issues have been great and I am really enjoying this story. Kudos.

Mighty Member

This is a real possibility. Spencer made it work with Scott Lang teaming up with Grizzly and Machinesmith plus a bunch of old Tales to Astonish villains. Pete, Spidey and Fred would make a great team. For us readers that is. I could see Peter having a nervous breakdown trying keep his other half and Boomerang in line.
    I agree. I could also see Spider-Man dating the Beetle. She was already in an issue and we know she's a favorite of Spencer's. I'd be down to see Spider-Man cutting loose, seeing Beetle and Black Cat, doing all the things an unrepressed Pete would do. I think even if Spider-Man explained the situation to them, they both wouldn't care, for different reasons. Basically I'm doing my usual thing and trying to convince myself that "Superior Foes" will come back in some form...

If Lee and Ditko keep coming up with great new villains like Doctor Octopus this could become one of my favorite comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Peter got the morality.
    And the face and skin. We still haven't seen if Spidey can even take the costume off or has a regular Peter-looking body underneath.

I agree. I could also see Spider-Man dating the Beetle. She was already in an issue and we know she's a favorite of Spencer's. I'd be down to see Spider-Man cutting loose, seeing Beetle and Black Cat, doing all the things an unrepressed Pete would do. I think even if Spider-Man explained the situation to them, they both wouldn't care, for different reasons. Basically I'm doing my usual thing and trying to convince myself that "Superior Foes" will come back in some form...
    This would be awesome if Spidey and Janice hooked up. They could get into more trouble than Spidey and Fred. The Superior Foes are already back in some form. It would be really cool if Spidey ran with a group of them while Peter tried to convince them all to stay out of trouble.

There are plenty of characters he could use. Shocker, Speed Demon, Overdrive, Leap-Frog/Frog-Man. Others could be Whirlwind, Lady Stilt-Man, Porcupine, Walrus. Spencer made great use of a lot of characters in both SFOS and his Ant-Man runs. A combination of heroes, villains, reformed villains and villains on the fence. Throw in the Sinister Six and it could be total chaos and a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Dreaded Porcupine; 08-18-2018 at 07:25 PM.

I agree. I could also see Spider-Man dating the Beetle....
    That could be interesting.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    When she dated Scott Lang it was interesting. She tried to hang him from the highest tree.

Mighty Member

This would be awesome if Spidey and Janice hooked up. They could get into more trouble than Spidey and Fred. The Superior Foes are already back in some form. It would be really cool if Spidey ran with a group of them while Peter tried to convince them all to stay out of trouble.

There are plenty of characters he could use. Shocker, Speed Demon, Overdrive, Leap-Frog/Frog-Man. Others could be Whirlwind, Lady Stilt-Man, Porcupine, Walrus. Spencer made great use of a lot of characters in both SFOS and his Ant-Man runs. A combination of heroes, villains, reformed villains and villains on the fence. Throw in the Sinister Six and it could be total chaos and a lot of fun.
    Man.. Spider-Man leading a team of Machinesmith, Grizzly, Beetle, Overdrive and Boomerang.. With poor Herman thrown in there somehow.. And Peter trying desperately to minimize the damage... I can't tell you how into that I am.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    It would be the flip of when Peter was hurt Black Cat only wanted to date Spider-Man... Beetle wouldn't give Peter a second look, but I could see her being into Spider-Man, especially one without the Peter parts. This Spider-Man would know that and be like "Do I have good news for you..."