Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Amazing Spider-Man#3

spoilers:
    The split of Peter and Spidey is indeed the fault of the Iso generator. Peter and Spidey discuss the perks of being split in two. Spidey goes off to fight crime while Peter spends the next day helping Aunt May and hanging out at the bowling alley with Nora, Randy and MJ. The Tri-Sentinel attacks and MJ asks Peter if he should head off, but Peter says no. Earlier, we find Peter went to ESU where he discovers from Curt that the two mice affected by the iso generator exhibit different skills...one is more energetic and active, doing various tasks, the other is quiet and passive. Peter deduces he's been split into a powerful and responsible half. Meantime Spidey battles the tri-sentinel and clambers inside of it to toy with it's wiring, which sends it crashing into the street
    end of spoilers

The issue was ok, decent fight scenes and Spidey using his smarts, a mix of hard and comic science, not sure if I'm ok with MJ being fine with Peter's actions in this one. The comedy as Peter and Spidey were talking through their situation was very bad and almost unlike them.

Personally I thought it was a good issue, though slightly weaker then the previous two. It felt more like a filler issue to be honest, though I actually did love the scene between Peter and Spidey.

spoilers:
    The Spider Sense joke especially made me laugh.

That said, it was slightly predictable after it became clear that Spidey kept the science skills between the two of them that Peter therefore kept the power and responsibility parts. It's certainly going to be interesting, but I don't feel like it's all too shocking, as a few people more than speculated that it would be the case.
    end of spoilers

Issue was ok and kinda predictable
    spoilers:
    we knew that there will be a reason for them to rejoin but I was expecting the consequence to be more life-threatening
    end of spoilers
    I wonder when the preview with the hunters comes into fruition though I'm assuming Kraven I wouldn't be surprised if it can be someone else

Incredible Member

Another fun issue, although maybe not quite as captivating as the last two.

I think this a fun story idea with a lot of potential. It'll be interesting to see is this five-issue arc type of thing, or if it's meant to lay down seeds for the entire run. Maybe a bit of both.

Well, at this rate, I'll definitely be back again for issue #4. I can't remember the last Marvel series I stayed on past issue #10 (Probably Superior Spider-Man or Uncanny X-Force), so here's hoping this run can keep up the quality, and keep surprising us. Like I said, I'm really hoping to see Nick Spencer hit some strong emotional beats, but maybe I'm asking too much, because, as a comedy writer, he's certainly got some talent. Spider-Man needs both aspects, but there's no immediate rush - the story has been plenty entertaining so far.

It was fine. Mostly exposition stuff and some plot threads are planted.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

So to clarify, does this mean Spidey got both the powers and scientific genius/skills? Becuase that seems quite unbalanced... What's Peter left with then?
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    So to clarify, does this mean Spidey got both the powers and scientific genius/skills? Becuase that seems quite unbalanced... What's Peter left with then?
    Peter got the morality.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    My guess would be "elements" like compassion and responsibility. There's got to be more that makes up Spider-Man than power and intellect.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Decent issue, enjoyable but nothing spectacular I think is a fair summary of my opinion of it. A decent 7 out of 10 for me. Definitely going to be back for issue 4 at any rate.

Default Amazing Spider-Man 3 (Legacy 804) discussion and Spoilers

Another great issue.

A little hokey but I don’t care. Character work is strong just like the past two issues.

My only real gripe is that I have to wait till the next issue is out. I want it now.

Mighty Member

My guess, according to the asm#5 description,the power less peter will die a hero while the carefree spidey will have an uncle ben like moment in terms of power and responsibility.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    My guess, according to the asm#5 description,the power less peter will die a hero while the carefree spidey will have an uncle ben like moment in terms of power and responsibility.
    And that'll reset his relationship with MJ, as now he'll be more in need of her than ever to help shape him into a responsible person. Spencer could probably catch fire for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    And that'll reset his relationship with MJ, as now he'll be more in need of her than ever to help shape him into a responsible person. Spencer could probably catch fire for this.
    A modern Amazing Fantasy #15. Spidey's origin all over again. With a twist!

It was a good issue. Not as strong as the first and second issues.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Mighty Member

Could be a new version of amazing fantasy 15 where the powerless peter dies a hero while spidey learns his lesson in power and responsibility uncle ben style.