Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Another fun issue.

This definitely had some plot to move forward, so it's something of a bridge issue, which is fine. Still very entertaining with some nice character moments.

Loved seeing Ottley's version of the Tri-Sentinel. And I'm digging Peter's current predicament. I like that it ties into his origin, so it's a nice callback to his beginnings, and the idea that there's a split between power and responsibility between Peter's two selves is a genius move on Spencer's part and adds a nice wrinkle to this story.

Thumbs up, can't wait to see what further complications arise before Peter's two halves are reunited.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    The issue was ok, decent fight scenes and Spidey using his smarts, a mix of hard and comic science, not sure if I'm ok with MJ being fine with Peter's actions in this one. The comedy as Peter and Spidey were talking through their situation was very bad and almost unlike them.
    I'm not sure how MJ could possibly not be fine with Peter's actions in this issue. What is he doing that's wrong? He's not Spider-Man anymore. So...what is he supposed to be doing?

And the interactions between Peter and his Spidey self were some of the highlights of the issue, like when they're doing rock/paper/scissors to determine whether they're the same person. If any character is going to handle being split into two people with some humor, it's definitely Peter.

BANNED

Another fun issue.

This definitely had some plot to move forward, so it's something of a bridge issue, which is fine. Still very entertaining with some nice character moments.

Loved seeing Ottley's version of the Tri-Sentinel. And I'm digging Peter's current predicament. I like that it ties into his origin, so it's a nice callback to his beginnings, and the idea that there's a split between power and responsibility between Peter's two selves is a genius move on Spencer's part and adds a nice wrinkle to this story.

Thumbs up, can't wait to see what further complications arise before Peter's two halves are reunited.

The issue was ok, decent fight scenes and Spidey using his smarts, a mix of hard and comic science, not sure if I'm ok with MJ being fine with Peter's actions in this one. The comedy as Peter and Spidey were talking through their situation was very bad and almost unlike them.
    I'm not sure how MJ could possibly not be fine with Peter's actions in this issue. What is he doing that's wrong? He's not Spider-Man anymore. So...what is he supposed to be doing?

And the interactions between Peter and his Spidey self were some of the highlights of the issue, like when they're doing rock/paper/scissors to determine whether they're the same person. If any character is going to handle being split into two people with some humor, it's definitely Peter.

Incredible Member

So not quite Spider-man Red/Spider-man Blue...more like The Enemy Within split Captain Kirk...lol! With the iso-generator serving as the Star Trek teleporter!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    At least going out to help where he can regardless of his ability, do what a cop or an orderly would do.

I really liked this issue. The 'new' writer is growing on me with every issue and bringing back that Spider Man love I had when I was a kid. Love the twist and turns of this arc. Which one is the OGSM though? Cannot wait to see where the writer takes us next. 4.25 out of 5 stars for this issue from me.

BANNED

At least going out to help where he can regardless of his ability, do what a cop or an orderly would do.
    MJ isn't that ridiculous.

I'm sure if there was a situation where Peter could make good use of himself, he would. But if the Tri-Sentinel is tearing up the town, I think MJ is perfectly ok with a non-powered Peter staying with her while Spidey does what Spidey does. If she actually wanted Peter to rush out to every emergency even though he now doesn't have the powers to take on any actual rampaging super-villains, they might as well go as a couple because there's no more reason for Peter to put himself in harm's way now than there is for her to do the same.

But by the end of this arc, Peter and Spidey will be back together (one would think) so deciding what Peter and Spidey should do separately will be a moot point.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 08-08-2018 at 04:01 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Another great issue.

A little hokey but I don’t care. Character work is strong just like the past two issues.

My only real gripe is that I have to wait till the next issue is out. I want it now.
    Same. Very glad this is a bi-monthly book!!

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

The scene of Peter Parker and Spider-Man as separate beings reminds me of those times when Bruce Banner and Hulk were separated. Never worked out well for either of them.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    My guess, according to the asm#5 description,the power less peter will die a hero while the carefree spidey will have an uncle ben like moment in terms of power and responsibility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    A modern Amazing Fantasy #15. Spidey's origin all over again. With a twist!
    Could be a new version of amazing fantasy 15 where the powerless peter dies a hero while spidey learns his lesson in power and responsibility uncle ben style.
    That sounds really needless.

This issue seems so light-hearted, and, it seems it should be the premise for the next Spider-Man movie.

So because this is Spider-Man, nothing can be easy, and the split in his original self is harmful, and not eligently completed, but messy. Now we have an irresponsible Spider-Man and an idiot Peter Parker. Actually, I thought there would be a fight as to who got Mary Jane, but it seems Spider-Man is okay with Peter having her. I wonder what it would be like if Spider-Man dated MJ as well?

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    So to clarify, does this mean Spidey got both the powers and scientific genius/skills? Becuase that seems quite unbalanced... What's Peter left with then?
    I’m hoping there is a flaw in Peter Parker’s character, because he certainly couldn’t comprehend putting Randy and Norah together was a bad thing, like MJ hinted. If Pete is not just a dill with science, but also a dill with relationships, he and MJ aren’t going to,last very long if MJ thinks Pete is a clutz. Love can only stretch so far, and then you have to call time on someone you’re not compatible with.

My guess, according to the asm#5 description,the power less peter will die a hero while the carefree spidey will have an uncle ben like moment in terms of power and responsibility.
    That would be interesting, but I was hoping the two characters could play out a lot longer than just the first arc. I would like a grey area Spidey, and a clutz Parker who loses MJ.

Could be a new version of amazing fantasy 15 where the powerless peter dies a hero while spidey learns his lesson in power and responsibility uncle ben style.
    If Peters “sister” is still in the picture, I’d like to see Peter and his sister (both powerless) team up and be like mum and dad.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-09-2018 at 05:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I really liked this issue. The 'new' writer is growing on me with every issue and bringing back that Spider Man love I had when I was a kid. Love the twist and turns of this arc. Which one is the OGSM though? Cannot wait to see where the writer takes us next. 4.25 out of 5 stars for this issue from me.
    The tribute to the death of Steve Ditko at the start, and the iso-generator from Ditko’s first Spider-Man story has an eeriness that’s too creepy. But I do like Nick Spencer bringing back that concept of Ditko’s machine that made Spider-Man, and examining it in more detail, and explaining what it did to Peter Parker. I was glad to get that information after 800 issues. I never realised how important that iso-generator was in fusing the spider elements to the Peter elements, after finding out what happens when you split them again.

One of the intriguing things about the split Peter is, has MJ been told Peter is split? To me it sounded like MJ thought Peter would rush out as Spider-Man and didn’t know another person was handling the tri-sentinel, until the news tells her, sometime later. In fact, Peter is keeping secret the split from Dr Connors as well, so, lies tend to come back to haunt you, Peter. Peter is not consulting with Connors to maybe re-combine Spidey and Peter, and I suspect Peter hasn’t told MJ he was split, and the Spider-Man under the mask is not a some fill-in guy, like Daredevil.
    Last edited by jackolover; 08-09-2018 at 05:41 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I’m hoping there is a flaw in Peter Parker’s character, because he certainly couldn’t comprehend putting Randy and Norah together was a bad thing, like MJ hinted. If Pete is not just a dill with science, but also a dill with relationships, he and MJ aren’t going to,last very long if MJ thinks Pete is a clutz. Love can only stretch so far, and then you have to call time on someone you’re not compatible with
    Dude, come on, you should know by now MJ loves both sides of Peter, the clutz and the hero. There was a time where it wasn't so easy to lose her. An in-character MJ would try to work with Peter on what's wrong with him, you forget this Peter has most of the qualities that made MJ fall in love with him in the first place. It's the Spidey side she'd have trouble with if he were all she could put up with since from this very issue he's shown to be brash and reckless. Their love would be tested more by him.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 08-09-2018 at 05:43 AM.

Dude, come on, you should know by now MJ loves both sides of Peter, the clutz and the hero. There was a time where it wasn't so easy to lose her. MJ would try to work with Peter on what's wrong with him, you forget this Peter has most of the qualities that made MJ fall in love with him in the first place. It's the Spidey side she'd have trouble with if he were all she could put up with since from this very issue he's shown to be brash and reckless. Their love would be tested more by him.

I don’t forget this Peter probably can’t work the coffee machine, now. She’s going to notice stuff is wrong with him.

Fantastic Member

The return of the "Iso-Generator" got me researching its previous appearances and unfortunately brought me back to ASM vol. 2 when Byrne and Mackie tried to incorporate Chapter One's oddball retcons (like Doc Ock being his professor at the Science experiment) into the actual 616 timeline.

I know it's easy to say that most of this stuff is just best left forgotten, but was it ever officially explained why Peter remembered these specific Chapter One details that were so at odds with everything else presented up to that point?