Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    This issue seems so light-hearted, and, it seems it should be the premise for the next Spider-Man movie.

So because this is Spider-Man, nothing can be easy, and the split in his original self is harmful, and not eligently completed, but messy. Now we have an irresponsible Spider-Man and an idiot Peter Parker. Actually, I thought there would be a fight as to who got Mary Jane, but it seems Spider-Man is okay with Peter having her. I wonder what it would be like if Spider-Man dated MJ as well?
    I think it's probably a case of Peter kept his love for MJ (and I suspect any feelings for the rest of Peter's supporting cast like Aunt May) while Spider-Man didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    So to clarify, does this mean Spidey got both the powers and scientific genius/skills? Becuase that seems quite unbalanced... What's Peter left with then?
    Exactly! Thought this was just ok at first, but the more I keep thinking about it, the better it got. It seems Pete got nothing, while his Spidey-self got everything. We don't know who got the morals yet, but it would be a good assumption that it's Pete. I started thinking about what would happen if Doc used it on himself. Would be interesting if the Lizard was good & Doc got the evil side. I actually enjoyed most of the banter between Pete & Spidey-Pete. Having to put up with their witty comebacks & watching them get annoyed was hilarious, but maybe went a little too long. Wondering what Norah is going to be getting into. Overall, an ok issue. Definitely more of a "here's the situation" setup more than anything. Can't wait to see how this unfolds. I'd give this a B- overall.

I hope this is wrapped up soon. I hate clones.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Another fun issue.

This definitely had some plot to move forward, so it's something of a bridge issue, which is fine. Still very entertaining with some nice character moments.

Loved seeing Ottley's version of the Tri-Sentinel. And I'm digging Peter's current predicament. I like that it ties into his origin, so it's a nice callback to his beginnings, and the idea that there's a split between power and responsibility between Peter's two selves is a genius move on Spencer's part and adds a nice wrinkle to this story.

Thumbs up, can't wait to see what further complications arise before Peter's two halves are reunited.

I'm not sure how MJ could possibly not be fine with Peter's actions in this issue. What is he doing that's wrong? He's not Spider-Man anymore. So...what is he supposed to be doing?

And the interactions between Peter and his Spidey self were some of the highlights of the issue, like when they're doing rock/paper/scissors to determine whether they're the same person. If any character is going to handle being split into two people with some humor, it's definitely Peter.
    Summed this up perfectly, once again, much better than I could. Was hoping to see how JJJ reacts (Hope Peter tells him). Spidey-Pete now has no day-to-day worries which will be really interesting. Pete without the super smarts could be really fun also.
    Also, kudos to Dan Slott for his FF#1. Very well done. He seemed to nail Ben & Johnny. Great start!

Okay, I didn't think Nick Spencer's third issue of Amazing Spider-Man was at the same level of excellence as the first two issue. Nevertheless, this was still a very good Spider-Man comic, especially if you like character studies.

Stillanerd Reviews: Amazing Spider-Man (2018) #3 review
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I hope this is wrapped up soon. I hate clones.
    This isn't a clone story. It's one person separated, splitting their original characteristics between the two of them.

BANNED

I hope this Peter vs Spider man arc is better than deadpool vs Spider man. it seems obvious that peter is going to have to reign in his spider alter ego and recombine once again to be a complete person but whether it's going to take a super villain attacking or peter/mj convincing both of them is anybody's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by theoneandonly View Post
    I hope this Peter vs Spider man arc is better than deadpool vs Spider man. it seems obvious that peter is going to have to reign in his spider alter ego and recombine once again to be a complete person but whether it's going to take a super villain attacking or peter/mj convincing both of them is anybody's guess.
    I'm hoping Spider-Man and Boomerang go out and raise some hell together while Peter watches all horrified!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    I'm hoping Spider-Man and Boomerang go out and raise some hell together while Peter watches all horrified!
    LMAO I'd like to see that.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Okay, I didn't think Nick Spencer's third issue of Amazing Spider-Man was at the same level of excellence as the first two issue. Nevertheless, this was still a very good Spider-Man comic, especially if you like character studies.

Stillanerd Reviews: Amazing Spider-Man (2018) #3 review
    Interesting review stillanerd, hadn't read one for a while. Always interesting even when I disagree with your opinions.

The issue was okay, but not great. It was too predictable. This was a far weaker third issue than were the first two. IMO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Curt Connors is in this? As his old, sane self? What of the horrific state we last saw him in?
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    Curt Connors is in this? As his old, sane self? What of the horrific state we last saw him in?
    Not to mention his family. Since the world knows (to my knowledge) that they died, what of his cloned wife and son?
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    Not to mention his family. Since the world knows (to my knowledge) that they died, what of his cloned wife and son?
    Yeah, that's what I wanna know as well. What happened to them?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

How many issues is this opening arc? I ask as I try to give the whole thing a go before committing to my pull.