Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It kinda feels like if this isn’t resolved by the end of Hunt For Wolverine, that that plot point may end up going the same way of Misty Knight saying that Hydra had agents in all the major teams from All-New Captain America.
    I don't think that this one is going away unresolved. From quotes that I've seen posted by other forum members, Taylor was really hyping this as a big deal. And it sure seems as if this is going to be a major point going forward about Logan's return.
    But, I'm known to be wrong, so who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I havent read any of this mini. Is it worth checking out? Had no clue Laura was even involved as I recall Laura fans being upset that she wasnt included in this Hunt event. When did she show up

Are the other series worth a read? Ive only been checking out MIM
    Well as TheCape said all the mini are suffering from some serious pacing issue, if you read them in tpb or in one go (once all the issues will be released), it should be better but honestly all the mini could have been told in 3 issues easily and the pacing would have been better as a result. Adamantium Agenda is my least favorite for now despite the great cast and the villain unfortunately.

All of the minis also suffer from uneven art and the final reveal of the first two mini were really underwhelming. Some issues can give you clues about what's happening elsewhere, for example if you didn't read the last issue of Weapon Lost you wouldn't have known that the Logo Jess discovered on one soldier from the kill team that kick Sinister's ass in this issue was the Soteira logo (the big villain that Logan will face in "Return of Wolverine").
    One thing to note, "The Hunt For Wolverine Dead Ends" one shot will recap all those discoveries so you don't need to read everything to understand the whole mystery around Wolverine's return and ultimately it will boil down to what kind of story and what characters you like the most.

Now in my opinion "Mystery in Madripoor" and "Weapon Lost" are the best of the lot but I also like "Claws of a Killer" mostly because I love Zombies horror stories, Sabretooth/Lady Deathstrike and the twist in the last issue was really interesting. Also it's the mini that deals the most with the Soteira plotline right now, I just hope Tamaki will end the mini on a good note.

Dead Ends will be the most important issue and will tell us if this whole Hunt saga and the whole mystery behind Wolverine's return were worth it.
    Last edited by Hush; 08-09-2018 at 12:17 PM.

I wouldn't be surprised if Firestar is the mole. The main reason I draw this conclusion is that in her run with Busiek's Avengers, Hank Pym had to design a special suit to stop her radiation from killing her. If she was a mutant, wouldn't her body be able to cope with the powers?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Pete26 View Post
    If she was a mutant, wouldn't her body be able to cope with the powers?

Yeah, I know, it's an AU. But still.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though Jamie her brother remade her body so he would have made her a mutant/otherworld hybrid or something like that and Betsy would be to obvious and she wasn't there at the funeral anyway...and so far all that we have about Betsy in Madripoor is a variant cover which may or may not mean anything for her going forward...and Spiral didn't just copy Kwannon's body Beetle, she mixed the two bodies together so that nobody could tell the difference between the two of them, telepath's couldn't tell the difference and Logan said that they smelled the same, Revanche and Psylocke...
    I don't much care for the messy "body mixing" nonsense retcon. A straight up body switch is also ridiculous, but at least it makes some sense

Making Kwannon's body the double agent would at least tangentially tie together the plots of two of these superfluous Hunt for Wolverine miniseries beyond this vague "Soteira" crap, and it would give an excuse for Betsy to go back to her original mutant body.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though Jamie her brother remade her body so he would have made her a mutant/otherworld hybrid or something like that and Betsy would be to obvious and she wasn't there at the funeral anyway...and so far all that we have about Betsy in Madripoor is a variant cover which may or may not mean anything for her going forward...and Spiral didn't just copy Kwannon's body Beetle, she mixed the two bodies together so that nobody could tell the difference between the two of them, telepath's couldn't tell the difference and Logan said that they smelled the same, Revanche and Psylocke...

Laura already views Logan as her dad anyway, wonder more how Jean will take it along with the others...and who gets to tell Logan once he's fully back to his old self...
    There were Two things that were always stupid about Nicieza’s Xmen run:

Psylocke and Revanche being “identical” when they are obviously NOT from just their mere physical appearance alone .

Young Xavier being shocked at meeting Psylocke “an Asian telepath with a British accent?!” WTF. There is NO way that Charles Xavier studied at Oxford and DID NOT encounter any Ethnic Orientals with British Accents like Cho Chang, considering that Hong Kong was a British colony for over a century , and lots of Anglophiles from East Asia migrated to the UK in the 20th Century. Fabian Nicieza’s lack of Cultural awareness of this is as bad as Chris Claremont’s own regarding India at the time he created the much-Ballyhooed “Neal Shaara” tsk tsk tsk
    Last edited by JDC001; 08-12-2018 at 10:25 AM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So I read the 4 issues since they're done and they couldn't shut up about it in the X-23 thread.

It's mostly an Iron Man focused book which shows how Stark gets along with his New Avengers teammates. That explains why Laura doesn't get much screen time.

Also Taylor pulled this off with 5 heroes which is close to half of his roster in X-Men: Red. Hopefully Uncanny comes out and he's still on an X-book, Jordan White lets him trim down his team (i.e. ditch Gambit).

P.S. Don't give Taylor an Avengers book because he might hook Laura up with Tony.