Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

A lot of times when the editors or writers of the X-Men troll us readers I find their trolling to be really funny. I mean it is absolutely F****** hilarious some times.
    I just cant see Magneto being an Inhuman instead of a mutant. It would ruin a lot of stories. And comic readers as well as the general public know Mags to be a mutant to be worth changing.

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    Doop makes the most sense. The rest have been long time X-Men and I doubt Firestar would be so deep under cover that she would stay with the New Warriors for years.
    I was under the impression that this sleeper agent is fairly recent like slightly before Logan died, not from the 90s

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    A lot of times when the editors or writers of the X-Men troll us readers I find their trolling to be really funny. I mean it is absolutely F****** hilarious some times.
    I just cant see Magneto being an Inhuman instead of a mutant. It would ruin a lot of stories. And comic readers as well as the general public know Mags to be a mutant to be worth changing.
    It kinda feels like if this isn’t resolved by the end of Hunt For Wolverine, that that plot point may end up going the same way of Misty Knight saying that Hydra had agents in all the major teams from All-New Captain America.

And regarding he not-a-mutant sleeper agent crap. Really? Haven’t we had enough of mutants “revealed” to not be mutants and crap from previous years. I don’t know why Taylor seems so intent on screwing up the X-Men, but I wish he’d just stop. This along with mischaracterizing Jean Grey as a vindictive segregationist moron, the defiling of X-23’s origin, turning her into a perfect and boring character, and adding the hellspawn known as Gabby just ticks me off.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    And regarding he not-a-mutant sleeper agent crap. Really? Haven’t we had enough of mutants “revealed” to not be mutants and crap from previous years. I don’t know why Taylor seems so intent on screwing up the X-Men, but I wish he’d just stop. This along with mischaracterizing Jean Grey as a vindictive segregationist moron, the defiling of X-23’s origin, turning her into a perfect and boring character, and adding the hellspawn known as Gabby just ticks me off.
    A. Wanting place in world where you feel safe and gives you a platform to speak from doesn't make you a "segregationist" anymore than moving out of parents house means you never want to talk your parents. Also when you consider that X-men there is underlying story happening about Mutants being kicked out of the US, Jean Grey position make a whole lot of sense.

B. I don't see how change X-23 from a soulless clone to just a genetic experiment makes her boring, Pinocchio is a real girl now

C. Gabby is annoying..I will give you that but it is the same formula as Kitty and Jubilee around Logan

Lastly the mutant sleeper agent. That is classic X-men stuff who is the X-traitor that Bishop has to stop? Who is the third Summers brother? What is secret that Gambit is hiding? I don't see how he is screwing up the X-men this is the stuff we live for the only issue is that I called out bunch of thing that didn't get executed very well. That is my only fear I just hope he has story for this already and gets time to do it. Most these plot points get finished by another writer. Hopefully it is a story that he is working cool and not just random throw in for a surprise that some other writer is coming and have to try to make a story out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    A. Wanting place in world where you feel safe and gives you a platform to speak from doesn't make you a "segregationist" anymore than moving out of parents house means you never want to talk your parents. Also when you consider that X-men there is underlying story happening about Mutants being kicked out of the US, Jean Grey position make a whole lot of sense.

B. I don't see how change X-23 from a soulless clone to just a genetic experiment makes her boring, Pinocchio is a real girl now

C. Gabby is annoying..I will give you that but it is the same formula as Kitty and Jubilee around Logan

Lastly the mutant sleeper agent. That is classic X-men stuff who is the X-traitor that Bishop has to stop? Who is the third Summers brother? What is secret that Gambit is hiding? I don't see how he is screwing up the X-men this is the stuff we live for the only issue is that I called out bunch of thing that didn't get executed very well. That is my only fear I just hope he has story for this already and gets time to do it. Most these plot points get finished by another writer. Hopefully it is a story that he is working cool and not just random throw in for a surprise that some other writer is coming and have to try to make a story out of it.
    Jean always stood firm that Professor X’s dream of normal humans and mutants living together in peace was the way to go. Now she sounds like old-fashioned Magneto or Magnetofied Cyclops proposing an idiotic mutant nation. And regarding the clone aspect, that’s a fundamental aspect of her character. Taking that away is like taking the radioactive spider away from Peter Parker’s origin and saying he’s a mutant. And soulless? Really? We already know that clones have souls in the Marvel Universe from Ben Reilly’s series and implying that wouldn’t as a clone really invalidates all of her previous stories and considers her a “thing” like the quote in the thread title says she’s not. And Gabby? I find her WAY more annoying than any young mutant has ever been. Unlike the others of the past, she acts like no kids on Earth act. Quite possibly the worst character in comics today. And the sleeper thing? Sorry, but I have no faith in Taylor to execute a story that won’t destroy a character like it’s teasing. The problem about a lot of modern writers is that they feel like they have the right to twist, crush, and trash beloved characters that have been around for ever with no regard to treasure past work. They want to have and impact and a legacy that doesn’t require creativity or original stories that move forward with established concepts.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 08-09-2018 at 01:59 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    It kinda feels like if this isn’t resolved by the end of Hunt For Wolverine, that that plot point may end up going the same way of Misty Knight saying that Hydra had agents in all the major teams from All-New Captain America.
    To be fair, the teams mostly changed rosters after Secret Wars, so some of the moles may have accidentally been weeded out. The FF were no more, the Avengers and X-Men had new lineups - and Sunspot's New Avengers team did have Hydra moles in their support staff as revealed in U.S.Avengers' Secret Empire tie-in - the Champions weren't yet formed, nor were the most recent iteration of Defenders. The New Warriors disbanded due to both Scarlet Spider and Nova leaving the team (due to Spider-Verse and to join the Avengers, respectively).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

What I've come to learn in these forums is that a writer's current crap story is tomorrow's gem that cannot be undone.

Laura is still a clone! Logan's DNA was copied.

It was previously established that it was a damaged DNA. Today's story just confirmed that Dr. Kinney repaired that DNA with her own.

Literally nothing about Laura has fundamentally changed. She's still a byproduct of genetic testing. She's still a lab rat and was created using unnatural means. She's still an "other"

Even among the mutant community she's an outcast because her mutant genes are natural for someone else, not her.

Literally nothing changed. The amount of man-crying about today, should be Astonishing, but actually if there was no 'outrage' then there's be a problem.

And to think, people hated the idea of clones

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The fake mutant is Psylocke right? She's in a recreated body that was copied from Kwannon, that just so happened to have powers similar to her original body

I agree that the retcon to Laura's origin is unnecessary, but I didn't mind the retcon to Gentle's. Making his seizures psychosomatic and then curing them in one issue was a bit messy but at least he's not constantly under threat of dying anymore.
    Though Jamie her brother remade her body so he would have made her a mutant/otherworld hybrid or something like that and Betsy would be to obvious and she wasn't there at the funeral anyway...and so far all that we have about Betsy in Madripoor is a variant cover which may or may not mean anything for her going forward...and Spiral didn't just copy Kwannon's body Beetle, she mixed the two bodies together so that nobody could tell the difference between the two of them, telepath's couldn't tell the difference and Logan said that they smelled the same, Revanche and Psylocke...

Laura already views Logan as her dad anyway, wonder more how Jean will take it along with the others...and who gets to tell Logan once he's fully back to his old self...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    Haha, yeah, this one gets me. All the flak Laura takes from certain elements of the fandom simply for being a clone, then THIS revelation comes out, and it's "OMFG what do you mean she's not a clone anymore?!?!?!? RUINED FOREVAR!!!!!1!!!!!1!11111!1!!!"

I mean seriously, this revelation does nothing to change what she went through in the past. It doesn't magically wipe away all her past struggles for identity (in fact as I've said before it SHOULD leave her even more confused as she tries to reconcile it). I'll grant the point that it begs the question why Sarah wouldn't have said something in her letter, but we've literally only JUST gotten the reveal with no opportunity to actually explore the development.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Sooooo the "big twist" is a stolen plot point from Young X-Men.

*yawn*

So far the big reveals have been wet farts. Everyone's gonna forget about what Logan did in Weapon Lost two months from now. Laura being Sarah and Logan's actual kid doesn't actually change the dynamic of their relationship because both parents already saw her as their daughter....it just changes terms around for the fanbase. Actually, it renders a lot of storylines pertaining to Laura's struggles as a clone really.....meaningless. And I'm talking specifically about those "Do clones have souls?" stories. We already know the big twist in Mystery in Madripoor, so I'm just hoping Claws of a Killer delivers.
    I agree with you, the reveals in both Weapon Lost and Adamantium Agenda were really underwhelming and just a confirmation of something we already suspected in the Hunt one shot. Let's hope Tamaki will suprise us with the last issue of Claws of a Killer, especially after the nice twist of the third issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I think the Laura revelation makes a lot of sense for a couple reasons:

First and foremost, it plugs a 15-ish year-old plothole. It never made sense that Laura would look like Sarah if all of her DNA was taken from Logan. This helps explain the resemblance.

Second, it was established right in Innocence Lost that the X chromosome was still damaged, which means Sarah had to use SOMETHING to repair it. With Laura being created "off books" it's plausible Sarah couldn't have used whatever donor bank the Facility established, so she used another available source: herself.
    I think the problem right now (for me at least), is how Taylor handled the reveal. The fact that Sarah used some parts of her DNA isn't problematic but that Laura is as much Sarah as she is Logan is not the same thing. I mean at this point if you've read ANW/Generations/Red annual it's basically Taylor just hammering home that Laura is Logan's daughter even if that was unneeded in my opinion because Logan already sees her as such.

As I said in my recap, maybe it will lead to interesting stories I don't know but after having witnessed what happened to Logan when some writers messed with his origin in order to overexplain or oversimplify things which in the end just turned him into another generic anti hero, well let's just say I'm a bit wary about what's going to happen to Laura in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by GylT'Nav View Post
    Second HUSH's option on this mini.
    Really a disappointing read!! Laura's origin reveal is unnecessary! Removing her clone status hurts her character more than it serves her IMO.
    The fake x-man
    A bad attempt to bring Cyclops back? If this Cyclops was fake, than the one in DoX might be fake also? And the real cyclops is Soteiras prisoner! Lol! Just kidding!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    JDW has been trolling on Twitter for awhile now about Magneto being an Inhuman. I'm suddenly wondering if he was trolling to mask the Mags as the identity.
    Now that's a reveal that would "bend" the internet lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The fake mutant is Psylocke right? She's in a recreated body that was copied from Kwannon, that just so happened to have powers similar to her original body
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    As i said about Laura's reveal i the Wolverine thread, i'm neutral about it, but for another side this mean that Logan has a biological child that i don't dislike, f#$% then frankly.

As for the mini itself, this is middle of the road for me, not good but not bad exactly, this is what happens when you overhype things Taylor.

As for the traitor, is either Firestar because i don't get why he was even in the funeral or Kitty posessed by Ogun in his last attemp to troll Logan lol. The rest don't see that likely, for another side Soule mentioned that Ororo was going to play a part in Return of Wolverine, maybe she know something that others don't .
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyke is Slim View Post
    Doop should be the imposter, rest all are cool characters. Simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by WheelchairX View Post
    I’m hating the whole fake mutant thing - the whole idea of retconning mutants just doesn’t sit well with me. It has to be Firestar because she has spent the least amount of time as an X-Man and has the least connections with the team. Anyone else would be a stupid move, as they’re all big characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    Doop makes the most sense. The rest have been long time X-Men and I doubt Firestar would be so deep under cover that she would stay with the New Warriors for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngelSliver View Post
    Yeah, I'm hating the whole fake mutant part also. And I'm a little tired of the X-Men having a traitor in their midst also.

I don't think that it has to be Firestar who is not a mutant though. She has been a mutant from the beginning. If Firestar is the traitor, it could very well be an imposter Firestar. She was seen as part of Emma's X-Men, and she was one of Miss Sinister's Mothervine mutants if I'm not mistaken. That could explain why she is on both of those teams.

Im hoping that the non-mutant turns out to be Doop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    So the the fake mutant is ink ?
    Love all those theories you guys came up with, keep them coming!

So looking at the list of suspects: Colossus, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Jubilee, Storm and Kitty should be safe. No way they will retcon any of them as non mutant.

About Doop, he's not a mutant, he was created during WWII, he has lot of connections with the underworld and he was the guardian of the JGS but beyond that we know nothing about him. His last words to Logan were really strange.

Firestar, okay she was never close to Logan but she joined the Amazing X-Men team some time before Logan's death. She disappeared when the Hunt was started but she was recently part of Emma Frost team during Secret Empire. Maybe she has something to do with Logan's hot claws!

Cyclops, well he's dead so I'm not sure if he's involved in this thing and honestly I don't think Marvel would retcon him as a non mutant. But Cebulski teased something regarding the Hunt : "And if I can drop one hint: was Vulcan the true third Summers brother?!" So maybe it's just some tongue in cheeks comment but what if someone from the Summers family is involved?!

Beast, so good ol' Beast let's say that he could be another interesting suspect. He was the one who evoke the possiblity of an X-Traitor, his actions in recent years have been really questionable and he already experimented on himself in the past. Also he's the one who diagnosed Logan as "dead". What if it was a lie?

And finally the the last suspect Logan himself!? Yes what if Logan was never a mutant to begin with and always a sleeper agent!

If you remember Uncanny X-Men vol.1 #98, Stephen Lang found out that Logan was not a mutant but something else (he was supposed to be a mutated Wolverine but it was quickly forgotten).

Also thanks to the horrendous X-Men Legacy/Wolverine Origins "Original sin" crossover by Mike Carey and Daniel Way we know that Logan joined the X-Men in order to kill Xavier so he was a sleeper agent for Romulus (another idea that should have been forgotten). Now of course it wouldn't make a lot of sense but who knows lol.

Also there is the possibility that a doppelganger replaced one of the X-Men, the same way a skrull that impersonated wolverine infiltrated the X-Men before the Apocalypse the Twelve crossover while the real Logan became the Horseman of Death. If that's the case, the question would be to know when the switch happened and if one of the suspect has been acting strangely in recent years.

By the way, maybe I missed something but why was this mini entitled Adamantium Agenda? Why did the sollicitations tease a metalurgic miracle?

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    I agree with you, the reveals in both Weapon Lost and Adamantium Agenda were really underwhelming and just a confirmation of something we already suspected in the Hunt one shot. Let's hope Tamaki will suprise us with the last issue of Claws of a Killer, especially after the nice twist of the third issue.

I think the problem right now (for me at least), is how Taylor handled the reveal. The fact that Sarah used some parts of her DNA isn't problematic but that Laura is as much Sarah as she is Logan is not the same thing. I mean at this point if you've read ANW/Generations/Red annual it's basically Taylor just hammering home that Laura is Logan's daughter even if that was unneeded in my opinion because Logan already sees her as such.

As I said in my recap, maybe it will lead to interesting stories I don't know but after having witnessed what happened to Logan when some writers messed with his origin in order to overexplain or oversimplify things which in the end just turned him into another generic anti hero, well let's just say I'm a bit wary about what's going to happen to Laura in the future.

Now that's a reveal that would "bend" the internet lol.

Love all those theories you guys came up with, keep them coming!

So looking at the list of suspects: Colossus, Nightcrawler, Rogue, Jubilee, Storm and Kitty should be safe. No way they will retcon any of them as non mutant.

About Doop, he's not a mutant, he was created during WWII, he has lot of connections with the underworld and he was the guardian of the JGS but beyond that we know nothing about him. His last words to Logan were really strange.

Firestar, okay she was never close to Logan but she joined the Amazing X-Men team some time before Logan's death. She disappeared when the Hunt was started but she was recently part of Emma Frost team during Secret Empire. Maybe she has something to do with Logan's hot claws!

Cyclops, well he's dead so I'm not sure if he's involved in this thing and honestly I don't think Marvel would retcon him as a non mutant. But Cebulski teased something regarding the Hunt : "And if I can drop one hint: was Vulcan the true third Summers brother?!" So maybe it's just some tongue in cheeks comment but what if someone from the Summers family is involved?!

Beast, so good ol' Beast let's say that he could be another interesting suspect. He was the one who evoke the possiblity of an X-Traitor, his actions in recent years have been really questionable and he already experimented on himself in the past. Also he's the one who diagnosed Logan as "dead". What if it was a lie?

And finally the the last suspect Logan himself!? Yes what if Logan was never a mutant to begin with and always a sleeper agent!

If you remember Uncanny X-Men vol.1 #98, Stephen Lang found out that Logan was not a mutant but something else (he was supposed to be a mutated Wolverine but it was quickly forgotten).

Also thanks to the horrendous X-Men Legacy/Wolverine Origins "Original sin" crossover by Mike Carey and Daniel Way we know that Logan joined the X-Men in order to kill Xavier so he was a sleeper agent for Romulus (another idea that should have been forgotten). Now of course it wouldn't make a lot of sense but who knows lol.

Also there is the possibility that a doppelganger replaced one of the X-Men, the same way a skrull that impersonated wolverine infiltrated the X-Men before the Apocalypse the Twelve crossover while the real Logan became the Horseman of Death. If that's the case, the question would be to know when the switch happened and if one of the suspect has been acting strangely in recent years.

By the way, maybe I missed something but why was this mini entitled Adamantium Agenda? Why did the sollicitations tease a metalurgic miracle?
    I think that i would add Beast in my suspects too, partially for what he said about Logan, i thought that Logan being a mutated Wolverine was just sort of a joke, althought i do remember that panel "Early Installments of Weirdness" indeed lol.

As for the Summers, i really doubt that any of then would be invoved on this, unless that Soule remember that Havok/Wolverine mini lol, seeing that he is only one currently alive (how was that mini by the way?).

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I think that i would add Beast in my suspects too, partially for what he said about Logan, i thought that Logan being a mutated Wolverine was just sort of a joke, althought i do remember that panel "Early Installments of Weirdness" indeed lol.

As for the Summers, i really doubt that any of then would be invoved on this, unless that Soule remember that Havok/Wolverine mini lol, seeing that he is only one currently alive (how was that mini by the way?).
    Yeah I'm joking about Logan but who knows at this point anything is possible lol. Beast has been acting strangely these last few years so again it could be possible too.

I don't think any member of the Summers family is involved but that comment from Cebulski is really enigmatic The Havok/Wolverine Meltdown mini was solid but beware the art is really surreal, some people loved it some hated it.

I did like how Claremont and Silvestri made fun of Wolverine haircut in this mini in one of their Uncanny X-Men issue though

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JmH Reborn View Post
    What I've come to learn in these forums is that a writer's current crap story is tomorrow's gem that cannot be undone.

Laura is still a clone! Logan's DNA was copied.

It was previously established that it was a damaged DNA. Today's story just confirmed that Dr. Kinney repaired that DNA with her own.

Literally nothing about Laura has fundamentally changed. She's still a byproduct of genetic testing. She's still a lab rat and was created using unnatural means. She's still an "other"

Even among the mutant community she's an outcast because her mutant genes are natural for someone else, not her.

Literally nothing changed. The amount of man-crying about today, should be Astonishing, but actually if there was no 'outrage' then there's be a problem.

Yep, this changes nothing about who she is or what she went through. Cant wait to see it explored further
    Last edited by Dthirds3; 08-09-2018 at 06:54 AM.

idk I just hope the Academy X kids don't get involved in this "fake mutant" rehash mess.