Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Has the ending ever been explained?
    How Thade achieved his journey to Earth isn't explained, though an insert in the DVD release suggested that he took Leo Davidson's crashed spacepod, went to a point earlier in Earth's history and became a prominent leader in an ape uprising.

Will Smiths I am Legend was a good movie with a crap ending (alternate ending is 100% better)
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Mighty Member

it's been ages... but I remember "Existenz" was confusing, but tolerable, right up until the very end. the ending just felt like such a cheap edge-lord move.

BANNED

Back To The Future III was a decent movie, but they couldn't bring themselves to end it properly. All they had to do was not bring that locomotive into the present day, thereby dismissing all the lessons the entire trilogy was trying to teach. But they had to go for that one last time machine.

I wouldn't call it bad necessarily, but I felt the Mist was 'meh' to 'okay not great' for the most part. That is until the ending, which is one of the bleakest sucker punches I've ever seen. It takes an otherwise forgettable monster movie into something memorable.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

BANNED

Another good example of a good movie with a bad ending is Iron Man 3. Great plot, multiple good twists, ingenious use of a stupid character in Mandarin. But the final action piece was just a huge confusing mess. Too many suits flying around, and in the dark so you couldn't really see what was going on. Hard to understand which suit Tony was in (a ridiculous overplay of a plot device used earlier for no readily apparent reason other than a quick laugh). And we'd already (apparently) seen all of Tony's suits blown up with his house earlier, so the climax just established him as a character with infinite resources to accomplish whatever the visuals needed for him to do.

Double post
    Last edited by RikWriter; 08-09-2018 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Another good example of a good movie with a bad ending is Iron Man 3. Great plot, multiple good twists, ingenious use of a stupid character in Mandarin. But the final action piece was just a huge confusing mess. Too many suits flying around, and in the dark so you couldn't really see what was going on. Hard to understand which suit Tony was in (a ridiculous overplay of a plot device used earlier for no readily apparent reason other than a quick laugh). And we'd already (apparently) seen all of Tony's suits blown up with his house earlier, so the climax just established him as a character with infinite resources to accomplish whatever the visuals needed for him to do.

I thought I remembered his suits had been sealed under tons of rubble and they only came back to him once the rubble had been cleared.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Back To The Future III was a decent movie, but they couldn't bring themselves to end it properly. All they had to do was not bring that locomotive into the present day, thereby dismissing all the lessons the entire trilogy was trying to teach. But they had to go for that one last time machine.
    I think Doc had reservations about time travel, but I wouldn't take those for the film's intended lesson. Marty's life is significantly better because they interfered with the original timeline, and Doc meets his soulmate by saving her from her destined death. I think the ending fits.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I think Doc had reservations about time travel, but I wouldn't take those for the film's intended lesson. Marty's life is significantly better because they interfered with the original timeline, and Doc meets his soulmate by saving her from her destined death. I think the ending fits.

Ultimate Member

Then again by Doc marrying Klara and taking her and the kids out of time he could be keeping history in tact to a varying degree by not messing up the timestream with someone that should not have lived because of his own actions...

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    I wouldn't call it bad necessarily, but I felt the Mist was 'meh' to 'okay not great' for the most part. That is until the ending, which is one of the bleakest sucker punches I've ever seen. It takes an otherwise forgettable monster movie into something memorable.
    Agree with all of this. I watched it with my brother about a year after it came out. I'd read the short story so I figured the movie kinda went that way, so when they pulled over to the side of the road, I was in full-on "WTF is going on?"-mode. I've hardly ever heard my brother curse, but the ending got an "Oh, F*** YOU, movie!" out of him, which is pretty damn impressive.

My only guess is that Mark went further into the future instead of going back to the present.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

It's the ending of the novel the movies are based on, and the novel is far more philosophical and allegorical than its adaptions were. It's not really supposed to be taken literally.

Also, in the book the story is narrated by a married couple (who turn out to be chimpanzees at the end) who are reading this story that was supposedly written by this talking human who may or may not have been real.

Mighty Member

Light sabre battles at the end of Star Wars prequels...

Mad Max Beyond thunderdome : starts off OK, goes downhill when he meets the kids. They already explored the "child helps Max regain his humanity" bit in Mad Max 2 AKA Road Warrior. The train chase is a pale imitation of the tanker chase as well...